ADVERTISEMENT

“$2000 in the year 2000…

Last edited:
Reactions: JackRussellDawg
Yeah they are! With inflation and gas prices rising it feels like we are making that much. You libs don’t listen to the people struggling to feed themselves and pay their bills now.

I would not suggest that you or I are struggling with Living,

but Many people are living paycheck to "check for cash".

I'm in tatters!

PUG

I would not suggest that you or I are struggling with Living,

but Many people are living paycheck to "check for cash".

I'm in tatters!

PUG
Trump finished his term for adjusted inflation at +7.1% (real wages). As you can see, he’s far ahead of everyone going back to Carter.

Just a WAG, but that could be better than all of them before him. Impressive, he sure as hayul doesn’t hurt my feelings.

Don’t know why they are not getting any play out of this, but they should certainly try…….along with it now taking +50% more to retire comfortably compared to 4 years ago.

Roughly $1 mil to $1.5 mil:

2.21.24tab2.png

https://perc.tamu.edu/blog/2024/02/presidents-real-wages.html

Last edited:
Trump finished his term for adjusted inflation at +7.1% (real wages). As you can see, he’s far ahead of everyone going back to Carter.

Just a WAG, but that could be better than all of them before him. Impressive, he sure as hayul doesn’t hurt my feelings.

Don’t know why they are not getting any play out of this, but they should certainly try…….along with it now taking +50% more to retire comfortably compared to 4 years ago.

Roughly $1 mil to $1.5 mil:

2.21.24tab2.png

https://perc.tamu.edu/blog/2024/02/presidents-real-wages.html
Did people staying at home due to Covid have something to do with that? That caused DEFLATION.

Did people staying at home due to Covid have something to do with that? That caused DEFLATION.
if "staying home" means "laid off"..the lower income jobs that got laid off because of covid removed those wage growths from the calculation in 2020, thus making it look like real wage change was "great" at the end of trump's term. It really shows that upper middle class wages and above continued to increase while lower/middle class got left behind...again.

Real wage growth is up 1.1% year over year in Feb 2024. And trending upward. I would venture to guess that the chart, when updated for month 38, shows real wages as flat or slightly positive over bidens term. Which doesn't present the doom and gloom scenario that is pitched around here.

Doesn't mean that some aren't struggling...that's for sure happening and we should be doing all we can to help each other out because the government won't do it...But to act like we are all in bread/soup lines is a far cry from the truth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT