ADVERTISEMENT

Always fun to look at the percentages....

TheRedRain

War Daddy
Gold Member
May 6, 2005
of the SEC in the post-season, by stage.

In the overall field of 64, the SEC had 9 teams.... 14% of the field.

For the Super Regionals, the SEC had 6 of 16 teams... 37.5% of the Super Regional field.

For the College World Series, the SEC had 3 of 8 teams.... again, 37.5%.

For the Finals, the SEC has 2 of 2 teams... 100%.

To me, it goes without saying that's very strong. In some ways though, this wasn't a great June for the league. Florida getting embarrassed as they did, at home, was a bad look. South Carolina wasn't overly competitive in the regional they hosted as a 2-seed (I felt that South Carolina was over-rated all season). Then obviously the next weekend, Arkansas losing to NC State after winning game one so easily was a huge disappointment. And then Ole Miss didn't put up much of a fight out in the desert against Arizona. It's noteworthy to me all that all of that can happen over the first two weeks of the tournament, but here's the SEC with an all conference national title series (and that's happened a few times before).

All that said, and I don't want to kick off another debate on the topic, but what happened with NC State has soured me a little bit on the whole thing. I'm not as excited about tonight and games two and maybe three as I would have been ordinarily. It all just seems a bit less legitimate to me, to be honest.

I hope Miss State wins. I'm pulling hard for the Bizzaro Bulldogs, but just not as into it as I ought to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News