The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is rapidly fadin’
And the first one now will later be last
For the times they are a-changin’

Great song. One of the greatest song writers (arguably he best song writer) ever.

Saw ole Bob at Fox about 20 yrs ago. Had 3rd row seats. Was awesome. Had some new stuff that I had hoped he'd put out to radio but apparently didn't.

I also thought the Traveling Willbury's were great with Petty, Orbison, Dylan, Harrison, etc. Some great lines in some songs such as: "Well I wrote a long letter..... ....on a short piece of paper". LOL!

Reactions: Riotch

Yea really, no way that's going to happen........homosexuals sue church For the smartest guy in the room, you sure don't have much in the way of foresight.http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/06/26/mr_sulu_we_re_not_done_yet

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015...ldnt-extend-far-beyond-institutions-of-faith/

You clowns are like shooting fish in a barrel. But then you're liberals, not real hard to out smart you. LOL goof balls

Yea really, no way that's going to happen........homosexuals sue church For the smartest guy in the room, you sure don't have much in the way of foresight.http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/06/26/mr_sulu_we_re_not_done_yet

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015...ldnt-extend-far-beyond-institutions-of-faith/

You clowns are like shooting fish in a barrel. But then you're liberals, not real hard to out smart you. LOL goof balls

Don't know what all that crap is you just puked up as a "response" to my op. So back to the op we go. Do you think that judgement day is coming because of this Supreme Court ruling? By your worthless repsonse to me quoted here I can't tell wtfock you are trying to say... Gotta be a d/a problem, only logical explanation....

Last edited:
Don't know what all that crap is you just puked up as a "response" to my op. So back to the op we go. Do you think that judgement day is coming because of this Supreme Court ruling? By your worthless repsonse to me quoted here I can't tell wtfock you are trying to say... Gotta be a d/a problem, only logical explanation....
Well duh, look around. Did judgement day come for Rome? Yes, it will come

Well duh, look around. Did judgement day come for Rome? Yes, it will come

Actually Rome is a very nice city to visit still to this day. So I don't really know what you mean by judgment day then. Again, judgement day is a revelation term where the earth ends. Maybe you (and uncle toms thoughts on "persecution") are a modern day less aggressive judgment day and less aggressive persecution that I don't understand. Explain please, it seems you're sober now.

Actually Rome is a very nice city to visit still to this day. So I don't really know what you mean by judgment day then. Again, judgement day is a revelation term where the earth ends. Maybe you (and uncle toms thoughts on "persecution") are a modern day less aggressive judgment day and less aggressive persecution that I don't understand. Explain please, it seems you're sober now.
Oh, the persecution has already started. In the broad sense, persecution is targeting someone for his beliefs. See the effort to drive a mom & pop pizza joint out of business just because they said they wouldn't cater a gay wedding if asked to do so. Such efforts will only get worse now that gay marriage is legal everywhere. Of course, a lot of churches will go ahead and fall on their own swords and start marrying gays to avoid the hassle.

Oh, the persecution has already started. In the broad sense, persecution is targeting someone for his beliefs. See the effort to drive a mom & pop pizza joint out of business just because they said they wouldn't cater a gay wedding if asked to do so. Such efforts will only get worse now that gay marriage is legal everywhere. Of course, a lot of churches will go ahead and fall on their own swords and start marrying gays to avoid the hassle.

That's a pretty weak definition of persecution. Kinda like saying mauve is red. A bit of the flair for the dramatic? But whatever floats your boat. Removing stupid beliefs that are discriminatory to people is not persecution. Persecution is not just targeting, it is an aggressive campaign to drive out or kill (think Shia and Sunni. That's real persecution). I see a couple of folks who thought it cute to refuse gay folks catering and got exposed. That's not persecution worth discussing.

Yea and still the world power it once was.......It didn't find its way back to the Lord after a periord of deviancy

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
That's a pretty weak definition of persecution. Kinda like saying mauve is red. A bit of the flair for the dramatic? But whatever floats your boat. Removing stupid beliefs that are discriminatory to people is not persecution. Persecution is not just targeting, it is an aggressive campaign to drive out or kill (think Shia and Sunni. That's real persecution). I see a couple of folks who thought it cute to refuse gay folks catering and got exposed. That's not persecution worth discussing.

Mom and pop pizza place being harassed or the "couple" suing the bakery in Colorado for refusing to make them a gay cake isn't persecution? How do you define persecution? The definition I see fits it like a glove.

"Persecution is the systematic mistreatment of an individual or group by another individual or group. The most common forms are religious persecution, ethnic persecution and political persecution, though there is naturally some overlap between these terms. The inflicting of suffering, harassment, isolation, imprisonment, internment, fear, or pain are all factors that may establish persecution."

Yes, that is what is happening. The ill-liberal Left (thank you, Kirsten Powers) is aggressively targeting anyone who disagrees with its dogma in an attempt to kill opposing views. What's weak is demanding that a baker bake a glorified birthday cake when there are probably dozens more who would have no problem doing it. As I've said before, there's no question from which side of the political spectrum fascists are coming in 21st century America.

Last edited:

For a nation that was founded on personal freedom, we sure go beyond the call of duty to regulate it...so much for "Land of the Free"...

For a nation that was founded on personal freedom, we sure go beyond the call of duty to regulate it...so much for "Land of the Free"...
Yep. It's no longer, "live and let live," it's "live and live as we tell you to." As someone else aptly put it, the gay marriage warriors won, now they're walking around the battlefield shooting survivors.

Its not enough that everyone tolerate the behavior, we also have to CELEBRATE it. I could care less what somebody does, just don't push it in my face, and don't cost me money. The fact is that the government should not have anything to do with the institution of marriage. As for the churches and businesses, just wait to see what happens next. They'll start with the traditional places, Catholic, Baptist, Presbyterian. Every time they find a church that won't marry them, they'll file suit. Every florist, baker, and photographer will come under attack. Waaaaaaaaaaa............Bob's Photography wouldn't come take pictures at the wedding between Derek and Steve!!!!!!!!! We're being persecuted!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaa.

Its not enough that everyone tolerate the behavior, we also have to CELEBRATE it. I could care less what somebody does, just don't push it in my face, and don't cost me money. The fact is that the government should not have anything to do with the institution of marriage. As for the churches and businesses, just wait to see what happens next. They'll start with the traditional places, Catholic, Baptist, Presbyterian. Every time they find a church that won't marry them, they'll file suit. Every florist, baker, and photographer will come under attack. Waaaaaaaaaaa............Bob's Photography wouldn't come take pictures at the wedding between Derek and Steve!!!!!!!!! We're being persecuted!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaa.
That is exactly right. Gov't participation in marriage is a hold-over from when gov't and the church were one in the same. These days, gov't has no more reason to be involved in marrying people than it does to be involved with a home owner and a painter.

Mom and pop pizza place being harassed or the "couple" suing the bakery in Colorado for refusing to make them a gay cake isn't persecution? How do you define persecution? The definition I see fits it like a glove.

"Persecution is the systematic mistreatment of an individual or group by another individual or group. The most common forms are religious persecution, ethnic persecution and political persecution, though there is naturally some overlap between these terms. The inflicting of suffering, harassment, isolation, imprisonment, internment, fear, or pain are all factors that may establish persecution."

Okay. So what is SYSTEMATIC mistreatment there? Maybe harassment? Certainly not imprison net, internment, fear, or pain. Hell, the fear is that the idiots who don't like gays ,and thus wouldn't make a cake for them, were exposed as the idiots that they are. That's not persecution. That's having stupid beliefs exposed on TV. It's Called consequences. The same thing happens to both sides (fox news) it's just that a majority of the U.S. doesn't believe the stupid things you believe about gay folks. Greater than 50 percent of the U.S. beleive that gays should be allowed to marry and should not be discriminated against. Your views are in the minority now get used to it. Time to reevaluate. ....Persecution? Think not. You are acting as dramatic as roloqueen.

Last edited:
Okay. So what is SYSTEMATIC mistreatment there? Maybe harassment? Certainly not imorosonment, internment, fear, pain. Hell, the fear is that the idiots who don't like gays and wouldn't make a cake for them were exposed as the idiots that they are. That's not persecution. That's having stupid beliefs exposed on TV. Called consequences. same thing happenson both sides (fox news) it's just a majority of the U.S. Now doesn't believe the stupid things you believe about gay folks. Greater than 50 percent of the U.S. Thinks they should be allowed to marry and should not be discriminated against. Your views are in the minority now get used to it. Time to reevaluate. . Persecution? Think not. You are acting as dramatic as roloqueen.
You don't see a lawsuit about a damn cake, not being tossed as frivolous, as "systematic". Of course it is. The system, by allowing it, is promoting it. The "system" that intentionally fails to protect one's first amendment rights is engaging in persecution. That's one of the main reasons the first amendment exists is to preclude religious persecution.

Stupid beliefs? Interesting that years ago liberals cried for acceptance of EVERYONE'S beliefs when they were looking for acceptance. Now that they are being embraced by the media and the federal government any opposing views are either stupid, racist, bigoted, homophobic or whatever term you want to use. Can't wait till you folks insist those with opposing views be sent to liberal indoctrination camps for re-training. Should be easy since the public school systems and most public universities already have the "trainers" employed there.

You don't see a lawsuit about a damn cake, not being tossed as frivolous, as "systematic". Of course it is. The system, by allowing it, is promoting it. The "system" that intentionally fails to protect one's first amendment rights is engaging in persecution. That's one of the main reasons the first amendment exists is to preclude religious persecution.

You response doesn't make sense. You quote a "frivolous" lawsuit as systematic persecution. Really? There are millions of frivolous lawsuits everyday against doctors, companies etc... Maybe all those frivilous breast implant lawsuits were systematic persecution of breast Implant manufacturers and doctors. These were proven to be fake. No attributable disease was related to breast implants. I don't find that systematic persecution. It's just not. Bad law, bad people, mis informed juries, and greed overall but not persecution. That isn't systematic persecution. You're just being a Fox News drama queen. Sorry it's the truth.

The first amendment allows you to say whatever stupid stuff you want. It doesn't protect you from the consequences of stupidity, bias, or your "religious" beliefs. Believe what you want, say what you want but be a big boy and accept the consequences of those beliefs. When TV gets involved, well, you may be seen as having ridiculous views by millions of folks, and well...consequences.

How quickly liberal views change and are adjusted like the change in wind direction. Funny that Obama in 2008 said marriage was between a man and woman. Now he celebrates gay marriage. Are you so naive to believe that his fundamental beliefs changed that fast or that he sensed a political opportunity based on a perceived change in public opinion on the issue. Of course it was the latter for political benefit only. Was Obama homophobic in 2008? Certainly not. Is he "all in" on gay rights in 2015? Probably not, but he sees where the Democrats and left-wing is headed and he wants to pretend he's driving "the rainbow colored bus".

Stupid beliefs? Interesting that years ago liberals cried for acceptance of EVERYONE'S beliefs when they were looking for acceptance. Now that they are being embraced by the media and the federal government any opposing views are either stupid, racist, bigoted, homophobic or whatever term you want to use. Can't wait till you folks insist those with opposing views be sent to liberal indoctrination camps for re-training. Should be easy since the public school systems and most public universities already have the "trainers" employed there.

Yes. Sorry. Some guy who thought the world was flat writing a book and then we should all accept that as "enlightened" just isn't enlightened. It isn't. It's Therefore stupid. Btw, the world isn't flat and its not okay for the government to deny blacks the right to vote, it also is now not okay to deny gay folks the right to legally marry (and thus have the transferable powers of a married couple heterosexuals have enjoyed for ever). Those beliefs were also stupid and now have changed. Progress. Stupid to more intelligent. Not the reverse.

Have you ever noticed that the Islamists and Christian Right wingers are the two main groups that still wish it was "the way it used to be". The Islamists by force, Christians not so much anymore but interesting they both want to live in a long forgotten past and fear any change.

You response doesn't make sense. You quote a "frivolous" lawsuit as systematic persecution. Really? There are millions of frivolous lawsuits everyday against doctors, companies etc... Maybe all those frivilous breast implant lawsuits were systematic persecution of breast Implant manufacturers and doctors. These were proven to be fake. No attributable disease was related to breast implants. I don't find that systematic persecution. It's just not. Bad law, bad people, mis informed juries, and greed overall but not persecution. That isn't systematic persecution. You're just being a Fox News drama queen. Sorry it's the truth.

The first amendment allows you to say whatever stupid stuff you want. It doesn't protect you from the consequences of stupidity, bias, or your "religious" beliefs. Believe what you want, say what you want but be a big boy and accept the consequences of those beliefs. When TV gets involved, well, you may be seen as having ridiculous views by millions of folks, and well...consequences.

Why should there be "consequences" for anyone's beliefs? Shouldn't everyone have the right to believe as they choose as long as it's not causing direct harm or injury to anyone else. Seems you liberals have developed a new attitude to this whole idea of acceptance. Accept our views or face the "consequences". Besides, I could care less what TV viewers or folks like yourself care about my views. I don't answer to you or anyone else. LOL.......when TV gets involved. Who cares what folks like you and the folks that watch the Kardasians think. Just like you, uninformed cattle following the rest of the herd.

How quickly liberal views change and are adjusted like the change in wind direction. Funny that Obama in 2008 said marriage was between a man and woman. Now he celebrates gay marriage. Are you so naive to believe that his fundamental beliefs changed that fast or that he sensed a political opportunity based on a perceived change in public opinion on the issue. Of course it was the latter for political benefit only. Was Obama homophobic in 2008? Certainly not. Is he "all in" on gay rights in 2015? Probably not, but he sees where the Democrats and left-wing is headed and he wants to pretend he's driving "the rainbow colored bus".

I don't disagree with you about Obama. I don't care either. Hillary is the same way. You are mistaking political opportunity by political leaders for what I am arguing. I'm not owned by a party nor do I care about Obamas flip flop. I do agree that gay folks should be allowed the same legal protections of marriage that heterosexuals have had for millennia. We heterosexuals through religion and societal constructs have denied this to decent gay folks forever and it was wrong. Just like it was wrong to deny blacks the right to vote which many God fearing Christians in the southern south railed against in the 60s. The only constant is change and this is change in the right direction. Hope that clarifies my thoughts.

Why should there be "consequences" for anyone's beliefs? Shouldn't everyone have the right to believe as they choose as long as it's not causing direct harm or injury to anyone else. Seems you liberals have developed a new attitude to this whole idea of acceptance. Accept our views or face the "consequences". Besides, I could care less what TV viewers or folks like yourself care about my views. I don't answer to you or anyone else. LOL.......when TV gets involved. Who cares what folks like you and the folks that watch the Kardasians think. Just like you, uninformed cattle following the rest of the herd.

Waste of time. As expected. You read my posts and come up with that is watch who? The kardasians??. Give me a break, like reasoning with a pre teen. Whatever.

If you also can't see that refusing gay folks the protections you and I freely enjoy (marriage rights) isn't just another form of oppression (and thus caused direct harm to them-for instance no transferable ss benefits, no estate tax protections) then as expected, can't help you. Later.

Yes. Sorry. Some guy who thought the world was flat writing a book and then we should all accept that as "enlightened" just isn't enlightened. It isn't. It's Therefore stupid. Btw, the world isn't flat and its not okay for the government to deny blacks the right to vote, it also is now not okay to deny gay folks the right to legally marry (and thus have the transferable powers of a married couple heterosexuals have enjoyed for ever). Those beliefs were also stupid and now have changed. Progress. Stupid to more intelligent. Not the reverse.

Have you ever noticed that the Islamists and Christian Right wingers are the two main groups that still wish it was "the way it used to be". The Islamists by force, Christians not so much anymore but interesting they both want to live in a long forgotten past and fear any change.

No. But your obvious anti-christian bias exceeds any bias you accuse others of having. You are an intellectual joke. You can even be honest with yourself. You're so blinded by your own prejudices you can't acknowledge that your view is not the only view. Perhaps a little more "real world" experience and a little less ideology would serve you well.

Waste of time. As expected. You read my posts and come up with that is watch who? The kardasians??. Give me a break, like reasoning with a pre teen. Whatever.

If you also can't see that refusing gay folks the protections you and I freely enjoy (marriage rights) isn't just another form of oppression (and thus caused direct harm to them-for instance no transferable ss benefits, no estate tax protections) then as expected, can't help you. Later.

You obviously couldn't answer the question of why disagreeing with gay marriage should have consequences. So you throw out a few liberal talking points and run away. See ya! Come back when you have an answer.

No. But your obvious anti-christian bias exceeds any bias you accuse others of having. You are an intellectual joke. You can even be honest with yourself. You're so blinded by your own prejudices you can't acknowledge that your view is not the only view. Perhaps a little more "real world" experience and a little less ideology would serve you well.

Cool. I'll try to get that "real world" experience. Roloqueen part deux who brings up the kardasians calls someone else an intellectual joke. I think I will listen to your advice which clearly you get from the kardasians. ..lol later

You obviously couldn't answer the question of why disagreeing with gay marriage should have consequences. So you throw out a few liberal talking points and run away. See ya! Come back when you have an answer.

I did guy. Are you that myopic? Anyone can beleive what they want but when those beliefs become actions against others (ie you refuse service to folks-remember separate but equal? How about not serving black folks at restaurants?) then there's the problem. This is a colossal waste of time I can see...

Great song. One of the greatest song writers (arguably he best song writer) ever.

He's usually so f__ked up nobody knows the "words" he's slurring. They'd have to be written down somewhere for you to read em. Best song writer ever? Not hardly. But with your mindset I can see how you'd think he was "god".

He's usually so f__ked up nobody knows the "words" he's slurring. They'd have to be written down somewhere for you to read em. Best song writer ever? Not hardly. But with your mindset I can see how you'd think he was "god".

Maybe I should listen to you or I could listen to rolling stone which picked him the best songwriter ever. But again, I'm sure your smarter than rolling stone and blah, blah, blah..... I will agree with you that Dylan is pretty much always messed up every time I've seen him.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/p...k-the-top-10-songwriters-of-all-time-20110315

And since you may not know here's a list of 50 sings bob Dylan wrote. There's at least ten that other people took to the top ten...unheard of...

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Rashomon/top_50_songs_by_bob_dylan/

Cool. I'll try to get that "real world" experience. Roloqueen part deux who brings up the kardasians calls someone else an intellectual joke. I think I will listen to your advice which clearly you get from the kardasians. ..lol later
Since you are the defender of all things gay you might take it easy on the "queen" remarks. I'd bet there's a good chance you've been some dude's "queen" based on your insistence that we respect your right to take it up the ass with a certificate of marriage.

Maybe I should listen to you or I could listen to rolling stone which picked him the best songwriter ever. But again, I'm sure your smarter than rolling stone and blah, blah, blah..... I will agree with you that Dylan is pretty much always messed up every time I've seen him.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/p...k-the-top-10-songwriters-of-all-time-20110315

I thought Rolling Stone was too busy closing down frats at the U of Va. to be concerned with music. BTW, wondering when they plan to honor the "Boston Bomber" with another cover. You might wanna find another "rag" to quote, like one with some credibility.

Since you are the defender of all things gay you might take it easy on the "queen" remarks. I'd bet there's a good chance you've been some dude's "queen" based on your insistence that we respect your right to take it up the ass with a certificate of marriage.

Yep waste of time. My fiancée would disagree with you. I was waiting for someone to do this. Nope not gay,but nice try. Like a preteen intellect you just degrade to calling names or calling someone gay when you just can't keep up intellectually. Have a good urn.

I thought Rolling Stone was too busy closing down frats at the U of Va. to be concerned with music. BTW, wondering when they plan to honor the "Boston Bomber" with another cover. You might wanna find another "rag" to quote, like one with some credibility.

Google is your friend.

http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/guitars/the-56-greatest-songwriters-of-all-time-580842/56

Tom petty on Dylan
http://www.americansongwriter.com/2012/01/tom-petty-on-bob-dylan/

http://www.americansongwriter.com/2009/05/the-greatest-bob-dylan-songs-of-all-time-1/

http://www.laweekly.com/music/top-20-singer-songwriters-of-all-time-4632680

You can find about 500 others on the inner webs. To allege he's not one of the greatest songwriters ever is just stupid. Sorry. Like him or not

The first amendment says also,"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." That the system allows a lawsuit to move forward that explicitly abridges such is frivolous on its face, and much different from a suit where fact or its lack is the central question. See the difference? IMO, there is no argument about freedom of speech. You're right about that.

Yep waste of time. My fiancée would disagree with you. I was waiting for someone to do this. Nope not gay,but nice try. Like a preteen intellect you just degrade to calling names or calling someone gay when you just can't keep up intellectually. Have a good urn.

Lol........name calling. Whatever. You're the only one allowed I suppose, sorta like no opposing views necessary.. Like I said, about 20 years of living and maybe travelling the world and living abroad might help. On second thought, I doubt it. Yeah, the biggest problem the world faces is liberals not being allowed to do anything they please. It's those damn christians, republicans, or fox viewers keeping this world from being a great place. Lol........goodnight "John Boy"

The first amendment says also,"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." That the system allows a lawsuit to move forward that explicitly abridges such is frivolous on its face, and much different from a suit where fact or its lack is the central question. See the difference? IMO, there is no argument about freedom of speech. You're right about that.

I get what you are saying but congress wasn't involved in this case. There was no law made abridging freedom of religion. If someone's "religion" states that they hate black folk and thus can't serve them that has been determined to not be protected under the first amendment. It would seemingly therefore not be protected under freedom of religion... Please explain, not trying to argue I just am unclear on your point.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT