ADVERTISEMENT

Any of you gun owners just become a felon overnight?

Not I, but wtf is this ATF doing? This rogue agency is an abomination to the constitution. What else do they have up their sleeve?
If you’re speaking of the braces ruling, I think those affected have a few months to either register/buy stamp, grind the rail off the back of your pistol, destroy the gun, send it to ATF, ignore it, or sell the gun.

we get closer to registration and confiscation all the time. The authoritarian democrats will never be happy until they have a disarmed populace to subjugate. Democrat voters can not see beyond next week.

If you’re speaking of the braces ruling, I think those affected have a few months to either register/buy stamp, grind the rail off the back of your pistol, destroy the gun, send it to ATF, ignore it, or sell the gun.

we get closer to registration and confiscation all the time. The authoritarian democrats will never be happy until they have a disarmed populace to subjugate. Democrat voters can not see beyond next week.
Probably an overstep of authority which will lose in court but looks good to the fat ass oprah worshipers and other donut stuffed cowards like the "ma, where's the meatloaf" contingent.

registering ammunition and banning of AR's comes next.

Gives 120 day amnesty from date of federal register publishing. Many are
Missing the truly tyrannical extremes of this rule. Most can swap barrels
In the gun to comply but there are some provisions, depending on the type of sight you have mounted, that could turn and normal, legal pistol with a 4 in barrel into a illegal, unregistered short barrel rifle.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
In the gun to comply but there are some provisions, depending on the type of sight you have mounted, that could turn and normal, legal pistol with a 4 in barrel into a illegal, unregistered short barrel rifle.
they will never stop. The problem with the GOP is they never get us back closer to the constitution when they are in power, they just stay status quo, so every time the democrats get in power they take us further left.

they will never stop. The problem with the GOP is they never get us back closer to the constitution when they are in power, they just stay status quo, so every time the democrats get in power they take us further left.
Bingo. Except for SCOTUS giving abortion back to the states as it should be, there is hardly another major issue which has been brought into constitutionality. Republicans in congress are a huge zero. This HOR can't do anything because the RATs control the Senate and WH.
The courts are the only way right now and they should be utilized for that purpose.

Swapping barrels is the path I’m taking. I ordered a 16” barrel today. I actually had decided a carbine with a full length stock was better for me than a braced pistol anyway. The whole change will cost me $1000 which puts me way under water on the gun, but I have some reasons for doing it this way rather than trying to sell the braced pistol and buying a new carbine which is $2000. And exactly what does this do for anything? Has a braced pistol ever been used in a single murder? And if so, would have an unbraced pistol not done the job equally well? These people are hapless moronic bureaucrats. Now the vegetable can strut around telling everybody how much safer they are thanks to him, the dumbass clod.

Swapping barrels is the path I’m taking. I ordered a 16” barrel today. I actually had decided a carbine with a full length stock was better for me than a braced pistol anyway. The whole change will cost me $1000 which puts me way under water on the gun, but I have some reasons for doing it this way rather than trying to sell the braced pistol and buying a new carbine which is $2000. And exactly what does this do for anything? Has a braced pistol ever been used in a single murder? And if so, would have an unbraced pistol not done the job equally well? These people are hapless moronic bureaucrats. Now the vegetable can strut around telling everybody how much safer they are thanks to him, the dumbass clod.

It will have zero effect on safety, as all gun laws do. Makes weapons more inaccessible to handicapped people. It’s a move to get owners to register their guns, under the NFA at that. What a joke.

The ATF first gave its blessing to the arm brace design and that’s how they originally came into existence and tons have been sold. Now the same agency arbitrarily says it should not be allowed, which speaks volumes to their incompetence.

The govt has 4 agents working on NFA registration. If everyone sent in their registration for braces before the 120 days, it would take them 102 years to process everything, especially with all of the other form 4’s and crap they do every day.

One of the beauties of how it all has worked is there being a lack of a central database of gun owners. They know that and that’s what it’s about. They just can’t stand not having control.

I’m waiting the 120 days. It’s very likely this rule will be overturned in the court system the same way the ridiculous bump stock rule was eliminated. If it doesn’t happen, it will be easy and cheap to simply exchange out to an 16” barrel on rifles. I’d wait before investing too much.

It will have zero effect on safety, as all gun laws do. Makes weapons more inaccessible to handicapped people. It’s a move to get owners to register their guns, under the NFA at that. What a joke.

The ATF first gave its blessing to the arm brace design and that’s how they originally came into existence and tons have been sold. Now the same agency arbitrarily says it should not be allowed, which speaks volumes to their incompetence.

The govt has 4 agents working on NFA registration. If everyone sent in their registration for braces before the 120 days, it would take them 102 years to process everything, especially with all of the other form 4’s and crap they do every day.

One of the beauties of how it all has worked is there being a lack of a central database of gun owners. They know that and that’s what it’s about. They just can’t stand not having control.

I’m waiting the 120 days. It’s very likely this rule will be overturned in the court system the same way the ridiculous bump stock rule was eliminated. If it doesn’t happen, it will be easy and cheap to simply exchange out to an 16” barrel on rifles. I’d wait before investing too much.
The two reasons I’m not waiting are, first, because all 16” barrels for the MPX are on backorder. I was told by ILWT they will never be back in stock because they will be only filling backorders. The other reason is that I had already decided I would be happier with a PCC than a braced pistol. I intended to sell the pistol and buy a PCC face-to-face but it seems their spooking everybody has made both transactions difficult. A lot of people are trying to sell pistols and buy carbines or long barrels.

If Democrats are not aware that their government does not give a diddly damn about public safety then they are dumbasses, which we already knew. Registering braced pistols as short barreled rifles will not stop one single, not one, shooting in the entire country. It is about eventual confiscation and subjugation, which should not bother the dems much as they seem to desire subjugation and a monthly allowance.

What do these fools think? That once you change the name of braced pistols to short barreled rifles they can no longer be used for drive-by shootings?

Not I, but wtf is this ATF doing? This rogue agency is an abomination to the constitution. What else do they have up their sleeve?
Yeah the mpx is a tough one. I thought there would be a non-sig barrel available but haven’t looked yet.
If owning an unregistered weapon means I'm a felon then yes.
Bingo. Except for SCOTUS giving abortion back to the states as it should be, there is hardly another major issue which has been brought into constitutionality. Republicans in congress are a huge zero. This HOR can't do anything because the RATs control the Senate and WH.
The courts are the only way right now and they should be utilized for that purpose.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon

Yep. There has never been a database created that the government has not abused. This is all about registration. The lawyer kept talking about a form 1 but I would think these would be registered with a form 4, who knows what the dumbass atf is doing.

One I do know is that anyone who submits to the paperwork and registration will regret it at some point. No way in hell I will register a brace as an sbr. I have about 5 registered Sbrs along with many other NFA items that I have had for a long time and no way I will obtain any more.

I am swapping barrels. They can stick their registrations up their bureaucratic ass. This was conceived with bad intentions and to try and sweep as many guns into the NFA as they possible can.

Another thing I don’t understand is the 88 day issue. Current wait times are running 11-12 months. I guess they have been throwing all applications into pending status to keep from killing them, but could/would they do that for everyone registering a brace gun sbr? Doubtful.

This also goes to show how terrible both republicans and dems can abuse our rights. Government is the people’s enemy. Fvck you Reagan for forcing this NFA bullshit on us to begin with, which is what’s being abused by the democrats. What a terrible 2A prez he was. Never trust the government.

Yep. There has never been a database created that the government has not abused. This is all about registration. The lawyer kept talking about a form 1 but I would think these would be registered with a form 4, who knows what the dumbass atf is doing.

One I do know is that anyone who submits to the paperwork and registration will regret it at some point. No way in hell I will register a brace as an sbr. I have about 5 registered Sbrs along with many other NFA items that I have had for a long time and no way I will obtain any more.

I am swapping barrels. They can stick their registrations up their bureaucratic ass. This was conceived with bad intentions and to try and sweep as many guns into the NFA as they possible can.

Another thing I don’t understand is the 88 day issue. Current wait times are running 11-12 months. I guess they have been throwing all applications into pending status to keep from killing them, but could/would they do that for everyone registering a brace gun sbr? Doubtful.

This also goes to show how terrible both republicans and dems can abuse our rights. Government is the people’s enemy. Fvck you Reagan for forcing this NFA bullshit on us to begin with, which is what’s being abused by the democrats. What a terrible 2A prez he was. Never trust the government.
Exactly. I had already decided braced pistols do not fit me nor do they meet my perceived threat as well as a high cap pistol or rifle. So, it’s an easy decision for me to spend the money and convert to a rifle.

I really like the PCC deal. They are a real joy to target shoot with. The braced pistols are small yet heavy and bulky for a pistol and do not fit my XLT frame. I will be happier with the carbine. They aren’t getting any more paperwork out of me.

Exactly. I had already decided braced pistols do not fit me nor do they meet my perceived threat as well as a high cap pistol or rifle. So, it’s an easy decision for me to spend the money and convert to a rifle.

I really like the PCC deal. They are a real joy to target shoot with. The braced pistols are small yet heavy and bulky for a pistol and do not fit my XLT frame. I will be happier with the carbine. They aren’t getting any more paperwork out of me.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadduckdawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT