ADVERTISEMENT

"Attempted" terrorist attack

Radi Nabulsi

Publisher
Staff
Nov 17, 2003
Being that I make a living using words (poorly) I must say the idea of classifying those two shooters in Texas at the Draw Muhammad contest as "attempted" terrorists strikes me as odd. They shot a guy. They were trying to inspire terror. I can see calling it a "failed" terrorist attack but attempted just seems wrong.

Attempted murder means someone tried and failed to murder. There is no body. I guess if there was no terror or fear or damage, then it would be attempted terrorism. But again, a guy was shot.

Just a random thought as I edit Dave's star-rankings vs the NFL story.

Thought it odd too, however, I'd say it was a failed attempt as one of Garlington's finest (mean that in a good way) took both down immediately. Like some one else said "Such a failed attempt, surprised ISIS wants to take credit for it."

I think it's because they were so quickly defeated by a rent-a-cop

Basically Paul Blart whupped dey asses

Reactions: Radi Nabulsi
I think it's because they were so quickly defeated by a rent-a-cop

Basically Paul Blart whupped dey asses
10dcJa3p18WpdC.gif

Thought I read that the officer was 62 and took both of them down with a handgun. So, either the old dude is a bad ass Texas lawman or the terrorist should have went to the range a few more times.

Reactions: Radi Nabulsi
Being that I make a living using words (poorly) I must say the idea of classifying those two shooters in Texas at the Draw Muhammad contest as "attempted" terrorists strikes me as odd. They shot a guy. They were trying to inspire terror. I can see calling it a "failed" terrorist attack but attempted just seems wrong.

Attempted murder means someone tried and failed to murder. There is no body. I guess if there was no terror or fear or damage, then it would be attempted terrorism. But again, a guy was shot.

Just a random thought as I edit Dave's star-rankings vs the NFL story.

The media has been doing that for years. Good call. So many times we just accept how the information is shoveled out to us.

Our country, our society, has been so dumbed down, truth is negotiable.

The media has been doing that for years. Good call. So many times we just accept how the information is shoveled out to us.

Our country, our society, has been so dumbed down, truth is negotiable.
I bitch about the media all the time even though i guess I am part of it. I just don't see myself that way as we just write sports. But Friday news dumps ans massaging the news cycle and/or presentation to favor the political party you favor bugs me more than a story on cheating and over-signing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT