ADVERTISEMENT

Belated post 10K: Remembering the Dawgvent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcduffiedawg2

War Daddy
May 29, 2001
It has been a wild ride. I realize this isn't my true post 10K, as we have changed servers and another venter knows my password, but still pretty good little mark that people achieve. Granted mine are mostly saying good Morning when I can. Or the fact that I try to bring up sports debates and knowledge that honestly most people on here do not care about or are left wondering why in the world does McDuffiedawg care about that? Well it is just me and my statistics fascination. Anyway on with some good memories of mine:

1. Rolo's planned and calculated attacks on the vent with his cohorts McDuffiedawg and Thomsondawg. Pretty funny. We were all called racists even though that couldn't be further from the truth on my end. I work with more blacks than I do whites every day and I have hired them for positions and I have even helped them get schollies at UGA. Still funny time as we had nightly flurries on why we thought David Greene should be starting and how accurate he was. It was of course misconstrued.

2. TVDawg83 calling Sugah a Waffle House Waitress. Well that was interesting. I still say it was uncalled for and I am surprised me and Swainsboro didn't get blacklisted for cussing that guy. The ladies on here should never be chewed out.

3. TiredofbeingAvg's air conditioning going out one summer night. He had it pretty rough and was definately told he would be TiredofBeingHot pretty soon. He was a character who disappeared about 3 years ago after changing his handle to NotAvgAnymore or something to that effect.

4. Bassn constantly taking up for JD. Hell he had half the vent acting like they thought he was Todd Donnan. One of the all time most humorous venters that can make you think he has all the answers. He and I were two crazy idiots who booked hotels after the Alabama game in 2002 to Tempe thinking we were going. As you know we ended up in New Orleans.

5. The next one was not on the vent, but was my first real vent get together. The camping trip was a ton of fun. Other than Jaimoe yelling at everyone early one morning after he had the most sleep most got a long fine. It was great meeting such people as Hot Dawg and Mater, BubbaNearl, BigDrew, Opie, CD, the X's, etc.

6. The next one was our trip to Orlando. We had a great time meeting new venters and Tee found one of those girls he likes the thong girl. These are the same types that come from his hangout the Marine Room if you folks didn't know. Many of our friends were there including Toprow, Dawgana, Uga508 and the guy who came up with the name for Tee's grilling company. Oh if I could meet that girl I met right at kickoff at our tailgate. I was the last one in the stadium due to that. We also had a blast with the X's at the park. Nothing like seeing Tee ride the dueling dragons.

7. The recruiting guru's. Well I guess we have to give these guys a hoorah as they were the one's that first brought it up big time on here. Ghost, Swainsboro, Kebo, etc. While I cannot say I cared for all of their personalities, they helped make part of the vent. I became a junkie as did many others. Ghost also had a knack for changing handles and CD would be able to pick him out everytime. You can tell a person by the way they post if you are observant that is for sure. Just quit using the profanity boys.

8. My buddy sex, dawgs and rocknroll used to start the morning off with all kinds of topics from the papers and we would talk about them. This has been a couple of years, but it was kind of like me, OldDawg, Ignatius, Snarlin, Kenny, Cincinnati and others starting the day off now. Just he would get some sports topics going and wasn't scared to take a hit from venters either.

9. LadyQ as Larry Munson. Just kidding Q, but some will remember her calling play by play on the vent for the UGA baseball team in the playoffs. I did my best to help her, but she might can type faster than me. Anyway everyone got up to the minute calls on the games by Q for a couple of games. They need her up in the booth in Athens. And thanks for the Cd's and posters through the years my friend.

10. The Vent get together at Turner Field. Great time by all. It was nice to meet the famed Severed Head. He has graciously allowed me to play on his baseball teams for years. For once someone was exactly like I pictured them. I met Stretch, Kenny, Old Marine, DawgSong, Monty and many others that day. We had a great time and we pulled the dawgs on to a victory. Perno was mighty animated that day as he knew it was big for recruiting.

Honorable Mention: Me as Clemdawg and Thomsondawg got blacklisted for six months for questioning the recruitment of Danny Davis. It was honest, but we were blasted to high heaven. We wouldn't give up and later got blacklisted. This was about the time I quit to play EQ. It was still one of the most hilarious nights as we were proven right later on in a newspaper link on the vent. Some folks had to eat crow that day. Everyone has the right to an opinion if factual.

Many of you may not remember some of these things. Just some things that stuck in my memory. It has been fun for five years or so. Hope we have many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News