ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats and the left are fools

Hoffman_rg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2006
,Obama's own EPA estimates this carbon restriction plan would only reduce projected global temperature 0.016 degrees Celsius by 2050. That is probably a high number knowing how the climate scientists have fudged numbers in the past. http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/16/l...rted-global-warming-is-enormously-beneficial/
So we have turbulence in the middle east. We could be energy independent and use our energy resources to benefit us geopolitically. Instead,they push these stupid policies for what? They don't achieve a damn thing. Obama is totally out of touch with the real world.

,Obama's own EPA estimates this carbon restriction plan would only reduce projected global temperature 0.016 degrees Celsius by 2050. That is probably a high number knowing how the climate scientists have fudged numbers in the past. http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/16/l...rted-global-warming-is-enormously-beneficial/
So we have turbulence in the middle east. We could be energy independent and use our energy resources to benefit us geopolitically. Instead,they push these stupid policies for what? They don't achieve a damn thing. Obama is totally out of touch with the real world.
dont you think it would promote cleaner air in the USA, though? wouldn't that be a good thing to have?

Reactions: AC in Colorado
dont you think it would promote cleaner air in the USA, though? wouldn't that be a good thing to have?[/QUOTE
dont you think it would promote cleaner air in the USA, though? wouldn't that be a good thing to have?
Just unnecessary. It will increase utility rates and the middle class and working classes are already living hand to mouth. Certainly will hurt the economy. Our carbon emissions are down to 1992 levels even with a significant increase in population. Check it out. https://www.google.com/search?q=Car...LRb3Jjr9M:&usg=__Zd1YHo5aXhIKrq6DZML-N6q7nWM=

Reactions: im4thedawgs
It sounds good to say "we are at a 20 year low", but were they all that great in 1992? How about halving the level we are at right now?

I'm no lib, but I'm an environmentalist and I've spent enough time in the woods and rivers and swamps to see the effects of pollution first hand...I'm with the treehuggers on this one .... We need to be better stewards of the earth and set the example for the world

Reactions: AC in Colorado

One can't simply say it promotes cleaner air in the USA without considering activation/implementation cost VS effect. Although it would set an example for the rest of the world, is anyone willing to risk trillions of dollars and a miniscule decrease in co2, and the hope the world follows our lead? Not me.

Joe Bastardi:All This for .01 Degrees Celsius?
http://patriotpost.us/opinion/36771

Last edited:
One can't simply say it promotes cleaner air in the USA without considering activation/implementation cost VS effect. Although it would set an example for the rest of the world, is anyone willing to risk trillions of dollars and a miniscule decrease in co2, on the hope the world follows our lead? Not me.

Joe Bastardi:All This for .01 Degrees Celsius?
http://patriotpost.us/opinion/36771
You're measuring the effect on the entire globe off average temp? Global warming is pure BS anyway. We all live in the USA and taking better care of our environment helps Americans...locally

And yeah, it'll cost more .... We can afford it . We are the most prosperous country in the world

It sounds good to say "we are at a 20 year low", but were they all that great in 1992? How about halving the level we are at right now?

I'm no lib, but I'm an environmentalist and I've spent enough time in the woods and rivers and swamps to see the effects of pollution first hand...I'm with the treehuggers on this one .... We need to be better stewards of the earth and set the example for the world

Do you seriously believe that is truly what the environmental Global Warming/Climate change movement is about? There are more responsible ways of promoting clean woods, clean rivers, and clean swamps, than sending trillions of tax dollars to Washington and empowering a bloated bureaucracy. Liberal/progressive tree-huggers have preyed upon our fears for years and years with predictions of gloom and doom. Never once has one of their predictions come to fruition.

You're measuring the effect on the entire globe off average temp? Global warming is pure BS anyway. We all live in the USA and taking better care of our environment helps Americans...locally

And yeah, it'll cost more .... We can afford it . We are the most prosperous country in the world

We are broke. 18+ trillion dollars in debt. 200 trillion in unfunded liabilities. We are on the exact same path as Greece.

We are broke. 18+ trillion dollars in debt. 200 trillion in unfunded liabilities. We are on the exact same path as Greece.
Individuals are not broke .... We can individually pay more for cleaner energy. I don't think the government should pay for it. I also don't give a rip about "global warming" and "climate change" .... I am in favor of a cleaner environment and managing resources better. Less reliance on fossil fuels is a much better tHing

Individuals are not broke .... We can individually pay more for cleaner energy. I don't think the government should pay for it. I also don't give a rip about "global warming" and "climate change" .... I am in favor of a cleaner environment and managing resources better. Less reliance on fossil fuels is a much better tHing

Who do you believe will be paying that 18+ trillion dollars in debt? Our children, grand children, and their children, etc.

I consider myself an outdoors-man, fishing, camping, and boating every chance I get. I want our rivers and parks pristine for my grand children and future generations. I just believe there is a more responsible way to clean up our environment and manage our resources than to allow the EPA to regulate everything under the sun without regard to cost of their tyrannical regulations. But I digress, cleaning our environment isn't their objective. The truth is, the modern environmental movement is an anti-capitalist, anti-individual movement hell bent on totalitarianism.

Careful what you wish for.

Last edited:

On top of the announcement this week, there are also further emission cuts in autos meaning by next year the average MPH will be 35 mpg and by 2025 it will be 55mpg. Assuming no great breakthru on an alternate to gasoline, I hate to imagine what size car they will mandate we use. I don't need a big luxury car but I don't want to ride in a tiny smart car either. Safety to me is more important that mph..I am sure there are many more regs that are coming that I don't even know about. Joe, we will never get to zero C02 becasue we breathe it out. So will there ever be an end to these emission cuts? IMO, the environmentalists scare everyone with the CC stuff to control the private sector and the American people.

On top of the announcement this week, there are also further emission cuts in autos meaning by next year the average MPH will be 35 mpg and by 2025 it will be 55mpg. Assuming no great breakthru on an alternate to gasoline, I hate to imagine what size car they will mandate we use. I don't need a big luxury car but I don't want to ride in a tiny smart car either. Safety to me is more important that mph..I am sure there are many more regs that are coming that I don't even know about. Joe, we will never get to zero C02 because we breathe it out. So will there ever be an end to these emission cuts?

IMO, the environmentalists scare everyone with the CC stuff to control the private sector and the American people.

I guess that's why FPL wants me to pay into a fund each month to help those who already can't afford to pay their electric bill. Sounds like just because you are willing to pay more for a questionable benefit others should bear the cost. When Obama quits using Air Force 1 to fly to Florida to play golf in the winter I'll take him seriously. Until then he can "kiss my ass".

I guess that's why FPL wants me to pay into a fund each month to help those who already can't afford to pay their electric bill. Sounds like just because you are willing to pay more for a questionable benefit others should bear the cost. When Obama quits using Air Force 1 to fly to Florida to play golf in the winter I'll take him seriously. Until then he can "kiss my ass".
Did you even read the earlier posts ? Or are you just on a anti poor people, anti Obama tirade ?

It won't just effect the cost of energy. Energy( electricity) is used in the production and distribution of just about everything. The costs on everything will go up including the cost of social programs. Did you ever take an economics class in school?

Reactions: jenkinscreekdawg

try economics 101 !

It won't just effect the cost of energy. Energy( electricity) is used in the production and distribution of just about everything. The costs on everything will go up including the cost of social programs. Did you ever take an economics class in school?
So you want polluted air and water because some bs trinket you buy from a Chinese manufacturerer might cost more otherwise?

The Arabs / OPEC have not & will not allow an oil independent USA. Forget that irrational thought.

The Arabs / OPEC have not & will not allow an oil independent USA. Forget that irrational thought.

The only thing they can do is commit slow suicide. By that I mean lower the price below our costs of fracking and horizontal drilling which also hurts them significantly. If that keeps us from being energy independent, we still win at the gas pump. In addition, If they lower the price of oil so low, it helps us geopolitically by taking money away from terrorist states like Iran and it also hurts Russia who really is becoming a real threat to us globally. We also need to start exporting LNG to Europe but Obama slow plays export permits for LNG.

Reactions: jenkinscreekdawg
Hell..they are ALL fools you just figure out which one is least "fools" of it...

Gotta call BS on this. We are the best stewards. This EPA has nothing to do with clean air and water, it's all about power and control. Funny isn't it, the the Eco nuts aren't all that concerned with the EPA dumping toxic waste in the river in CO

Gotta call BS on this. We are the best stewards. This EPA has nothing to do with clean air and water, it's all about power and control. Funny isn't it, the the Eco nuts aren't all that concerned with the EPA dumping toxic waste in the river in CO
Pretty sure that was an accident... A terrible one , for sure

I'm also pretty sure those damned EPA idiots are the ones that made gas cans pretty much unusable...I mean , WTF? You spill more that you keep from evaporating with those stupid gizmos on them

ADVERTISEMENT