ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis's campaign launch was a disaster. Tim Scott has to be on the phone right now talking to big money donors. If things don't change......

shonuff253

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
May 3, 2003
By the end of the summer this is going to get interesting. DS has to talk about something other than "woke mind virus"...normal American's don't care about that and Tim needs to fill that void. I wouldn't mention Trans, LGBTQ+ or woke if I were TS. I stick to the economy and the boarder...that's it. If they mention abortion I'd say I'm against a nation wide ban and it's a state matter. Stay away from Twitter and do good old fashion barn-storming. People forget Twitter isn't real life, normal people don't share the talking heads views. People are burnt our on Social Media and think now is a chance for resurgence of classic media.

I love Tim but he and everyone else not named trump or DeSantis is running for VP. DeSantis will absolutely close in the polls as folks see him as a smart / normal alternative to trump. And someone who would destroy Biden. Even then don’t know if he can take down the cult that is Trump in the primary. In which case we will get another term of weekend at Biden’s.

Twitter mess up moves the needle zero ultimately when push comes to shove.

I love Tim but he and everyone else not named trump or DeSantis is running for VP. DeSantis will absolutely close in the polls as folks see him as a smart / normal alternative to trump. And someone who would destroy Biden. Even then don’t know if he can take down the cult that is Trump in the primary. In which case we will get another term of weekend at Biden’s.

Twitter mess up moves the needle zero ultimately when push comes to shove.
Conservatives see him that way but the Disney thing and issues with potential book banning doesn't look good. And when you look at polls, American's actually have a positive view of the term "woke". So DS is basing his entire campaign around something most American's see as positive. His campaign is living in Twitter world and again, Twitter isn't a real place. DS is in trouble if he doesn't change up his campaign by the time the Dawgs kickoff.

“Great American Comeback”
They should really checked trumps speeches before using that.
Even that...the most unoriginal tag line for a campaign they could have possibly come out with. This is legit not me ragging on the GOP but DS really is not a good candidate. Again, TS right now is someone if I were the GOP would seriously be looking at

I just wish people would quit looking at the stupid things like slogans, twitter, etc. Look at the person's record. Desantis has turned Florida into a power house. Main concern would be if he overtakes Trump and Trump decides to run as independent....That would be suicide.

I just wish people would quit looking at the stupid things like slogans, twitter, etc. Look at the person's record. Desantis has turned Florida into a power house. Main concern would be if he overtakes Trump and Trump decides to run as independent....That would be suicide.
DeSantis needs to distract people from his record. If you are so right wing (whatever label you want, but we have those people on the Chat) then yes, you think he is the greatest thing you have seen and I know you want him to beat Trump. But for most people the "power house" means that he has taken as much control away from people - meaning taking away freedoms which existed before him. Do you realize that so much of what he has had the legislature do winds up in the courts because he doesn't care if it is constitutional (and we the taxpayers have to pay for his attorneys). Florida passed the six week abortion law, but it can't even go into effect because last year's fifteen week ban is still in the courts.

DeSantis needs to distract people from his record. If you are so right wing (whatever label you want, but we have those people on the Chat) then yes, you think he is the greatest thing you have seen and I know you want him to beat Trump. But for most people the "power house" means that he has taken as much control away from people - meaning taking away freedoms which existed before him. Do you realize that so much of what he has had the legislature do winds up in the courts because he doesn't care if it is constitutional (and we the taxpayers have to pay for his attorneys). Florida passed the six week abortion law, but it can't even go into effect because last year's fifteen week ban is still in the courts.
What do you think you’re President has done to the people in this country. He has trashed the Constitution to get what he wants. And by the way Florida loves DeSantis.

What do you think you’re President has done to the people in this country. He has trashed the Constitution to get what he wants. And by the way Florida loves DeSantis.
Again this isn't about Biden but DS's horrible kickoff. Celtic and I are attempting to give honest advice on how the GOP can retake the WH and what DS is doing right now ain't cutting it. You can demand better from your candidate

Again this isn't about Biden but DS's horrible kickoff. Celtic and I are attempting to give honest advice on how the GOP can retake the WH and what DS is doing right now ain't cutting it. You can demand better from your candidate
Have to give him a chance first you are dogging him before he has said anything yet.

Have to give him a chance first you are dogging him before he has said anything yet.
We're talking about DeSantis and the record he's running on. This has nothing to do with your current President. If you don't like trashing the Constitution and I agree with that, you don't want DeSantis. And Florida doesn't love DeSantis; it's only that minority that agrees with him. I bet you there are plenty who voted for him that don't agree with him but thought he was the better choice. And remember only 25% of those of voting age voted for him.

Before he has said anything? You must be kidding. He has made it clear what he is. Even yesterday he was talking about all the people in DC that he will get rid of the first day (yes, some should go, but based on his appointments in Florida it may not be an improvement.

Reactions: shonuff253

This is going to eventually come to the forefront and be an issue. We have two get off my lawn dudes who will be in their 80’s at the end of the term. I love my father. I loved my grandfathers at 80 years old. They were unbelievable and I tried to learn everything I could from them. But they were consultants at that point. And valuable ones. But in no way should they be running a company or the country for that matter. We know Biden is a vege. Trump is in good health for the most part, but Mother Nature is undefeated.

If you don’t want to read it. 4 outta ten democrats admit his age is a problem. 7 outta ten independents. 8 outta 10 pubs. I would like to know the twenty percent of pubs who said it isn’t an issue.

This is going to eventually come to the forefront and be an issue. We have two get off my lawn dudes who will be in their 80’s at the end of the term. I love my father. I loved my grandfathers at 80 years old. They were unbelievable and I tried to learn everything I could from them. But they were consultants at that point. And valuable ones. But in no way should they be running a company or the country for that matter. We know Biden is a vege. Trump is in good health for the most part, but Mother Nature is undefeated.

If you don’t want to read it. 4 outta ten democrats admit his age is a problem. 7 outta ten independents. 8 outta 10 pubs. I would like to know the twenty percent of pubs who said it isn’t an issue.
My friend, I agree with you but you are so obsessed with this (and accuse others of TDS) that you bring it up while the discussion is about finding a viable candidate instead of those two.

We're talking about DeSantis and the record he's running on. This has nothing to do with your current President. If you don't like trashing the Constitution and I agree with that, you don't want DeSantis. And Florida doesn't love DeSantis; it's only that minority that agrees with him. I bet you there are plenty who voted for him that don't agree with him but thought he was the better choice. And remember only 25% of those of voting age voted for him.

Before he has said anything? You must be kidding. He has made it clear what he is. Even yesterday he was talking about all the people in DC that he will get rid of the first day (yes, some should go, but based on his appointments in Florida it may not be an improvement.
Here are the facts as I see it:

1. DeSantis got 60% of vote of Floridians against a fairly good opponent. I love Kemp, he only got 55% of vote against a well funded but awful opponent.
2. Economically and Pamdemic - DeSantis ran state excellent - opened it up, got school back going protected risky as best you could do
3. The Don’t say gay bill as it was called by some liberals is an excellent piece of legislation. It actually says don’t teach about any form of sex thru the 3rd grade. Again ANY, not heterosexual or homosexual. Disney was FOOLISH in attacking this legislation. They started a fight i don’t think they can win.
4. Florida is a better place to do business than California period. Thus, DeSantis can Jack around Disney all he wants. If Disney wants to increase profits they must invest in Florida. Investing more in Disney California would be foolish.
5. Media and most liberals know DeSantis will beat Biden, today / tomorrow or in November of 2024. Thus the constant attacks and negative headlines.
6. DeSantis has to beat Trump like Kemp did, low key WITHOUT alienating Trump’s core voters. kemp has the playbook, just copy it.

DeSantis is NOT a perfect politician or candidate, but he is exponentially better than Biden or Trump. Let’s see if he can do it, I wouldn’t wager either way.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven

Need to get rid of a lot of people in government it’s gotten to big. You said he made it clear what he is I don’t think he has.

Reactions: celticdawg

You libs are going to trash a Republican candidate it doesn’t matter who it is. You people must watch the View because you sound just like them.

You libs are going to trash a Republican candidate it doesn’t matter who it is. You people must watch the View because you sound just like them.
I'm sorry but this is a typical meaningless comment. You don't agree with me which is your right, but you just try and trash me. I'm giving you my reasons why DeSantis is unsuitable to be President. It's not that he's a Republican, it's what he represents. Look, he's not even what he was when he ran for Governor the first time. I've heard of the View, but have no idea who's on it now and certainly have not watched it.

And if you don't know what DeSantis is (meaning what he represents) then you haven't been paying attention or don't care.

Reactions: LawDawg6
My friend, I agree with you but you are so obsessed with this (and accuse others of TDS) that you bring it up while the discussion is about finding a viable candidate instead of those two.
Hoping this makes him the most viable candidate my man. I know you don’t like him. But we have to unite against the alternative at the moment. Did you catch the latest gaffe. They were posing for a picture at a dinner of leaders. Biden had no clue what planet he was on.

Hoping this makes him the most viable candidate my man. I know you don’t like him. But we have to unite against the alternative at the moment. Did you catch the latest gaffe. They were posing for a picture at a dinner of leaders. Biden had no clue what planet he was on.
We definitely need someone else. I don't think he can get widespread support and hope he doesn't, but if he can good for him. That's how the country works (or is supposed to work). Unfortunately Florida doesn't let me vote in the primaries so I'll just have to wait until next November to see what our choice will be available.

By the end of the summer this is going to get interesting. DS has to talk about something other than "woke mind virus"...normal American's don't care about that and Tim needs to fill that void. I wouldn't mention Trans, LGBTQ+ or woke if I were TS. I stick to the economy and the boarder...that's it. If they mention abortion I'd say I'm against a nation wide ban and it's a state matter. Stay away from Twitter and do good old fashion barn-storming. People forget Twitter isn't real life, normal people don't share the talking heads views. People are burnt our on Social Media and think now is a chance for resurgence of classic media.

Conservatives see him that way but the Disney thing and issues with potential book banning doesn't look good. And when you look at polls, American's actually have a positive view of the term "woke". So DS is basing his entire campaign around something most American's see as positive. His campaign is living in Twitter world and again, Twitter isn't a real place. DS is in trouble if he doesn't change up his campaign by the time the Dawgs kickoff.

Stay Woke!

• Haha
He raised $8.2 million in the 24 hours since the “disaster”. Everyone else is praying to fail like that.

Id say the people of fl kind of like him.

Just one man's opinion here, DS is going to have to run right of Trump to win. In turn, that is going to kill him in the general should he make it. Trump has put the GOP in a bad spot assuming he can't beat Biden (again). Of course, Trump may run as an independent if he doesn't win which assures a GOP loss. Not a good situation.

Florida not representative of normal people?
Bro, we're on a UGA football board...of course, they aren't representative of normal people. We've spent our entire lives making fun of the "Jort" wearing freaks. Has DS also ended our hatred for FL? 🤔

Reactions: nice marmot
Pretty good case study in executive leadership no? State is performing for its residents. There is a reason it is kicking everyone else’s ass economically. Gimme some of that nationally please.
Yes, let's bring year-round sunshine, gorgeous weather, Disney Land Resorts, and world-famous Gulf Coast Beaches to every state in the Union😏🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: celticdawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT