ADVERTISEMENT

Election in FL just got interesting; amendment to protect abortion and Marijuana are potentially on the ballot potentially in Nov.....

How exactly does one "soften" their stance when the six week ban in FL starts May 1st and the total ban in AZ starts in two weeks? Are you suggesting the GOP is going to attempt to walk back the laws they have worked so aggressively to enact?

FL will definitely have a abortion rights ballot measure in November and the pro-abortion rights forces in AZ have already gathered 500k signatures to accomplish the same.

My conservative male friends on the Chat can insist that this won't be a big issue in November but I believe they are wrong. Abortion absolutely played a role in GOP underperformance in 2020 and 2022 and the anti-abortion forces have only grown louder and more extreme since then.

If I'm a Dem media consultant, I'm putting together simple spots that present the words and actions of the GOP on the topic of abortion. There is plenty to work with. AZ representatives were on the floor of the state senate Monday speaking in tongues to conjure God's support for a law that was implemented by a Judge appointed by Abraham Lincoln, before AZ was a state. That is going to completely freak out a lot of normal, moderate people, as it should, and it is going to impact the outcome of the election.
Bump. As predicted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT