ADVERTISEMENT

Elon banning journalists

willdup

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2002
Elon has permenently banned a number of journalists for negative reporting of Elon. His excuse is that they were doxxing him by reporting on the story of Twitter banning an account that tracks his jet.

Of course, as college football fans who have gone through a coaching search, we all know that all aviation data is publicly available in real time and in no way constitutes doxxing.

Elon then joined a Twitter Spaces chat that included some of the banned journos and made a statement, refused to answer any questions, left the session and then shut down Spaces across all of Twitter.

He also ran a poll regarding reinstatement, didn’t like the result and redid the poll and got the same undesirable result. Funny.

Perhaps the free speech warrior has a different agenda? Not a good look for a person who is supposed to be running three large companies.

Elon has permenently banned a number of journalists for negative reporting of Elon. His excuse is that they were doxxing him by reporting on the story of Twitter banning an account that tracks his jet.

Of course, as college football fans who have gone through a coaching search, we all know that all aviation data is publicly available in real time and in no way constitutes doxxing.

Elon then joined a Twitter Spaces chat that included some of the banned journos and made a statement, refused to answer any questions, left the session and then shut down Spaces across all of Twitter.

He also ran a poll regarding reinstatement, didn’t like the result and redid the poll and got the same undesirable result. Funny.

Perhaps the free speech warrior has a different agenda? Not a good look for a person who is supposed to be running three large companies.

This is instructive of highlights how there is much more hypocrisy on the left than right with this issue. It seems that while most people on the right are enjoying watching these journalists (which for some is a very generous term) get banned, they are also almost all saying that they disagree with the ban. Essentially saying that free speech is important regardless of who or what is being said, whether from right or left. This is very different than the left, including many of the banned journalists, who fully promoted the banning of people they disagreed with.

Last edited:
This is instructive of highlights how there is much more hypocrisy on the right than left with this issue. It seems that while most people on the right are enjoying watching these journalists (which for some is a very generous term) get banned, they are also almost all saying that they disagree with the ban. Essentially saying that free speech is important regardless of who or what is being said, whether from right or left. This is very different than the left, including many of the banned journalists, who fully promoted the banning of people they disagreed with.

Some of you guys really aren't very bright. Everybody, both left and right understand private companies have a right to enforce their TOS. Idaf if Musk is right or wrong here but his reasoning that being doxxed and it being against the TOS is at least credible and isn't GOVERNMNENT censorship.

Otoh, Dorsey's twitter was violating their TOS and labeling credible news stories as misinfo and were also removing users at the request of government officials and agencies. Imo everyone should be opposed to the government censoring dissent, especially when they are trying to use backdoor methods to quash opponents.

Last edited:

Twitter Suspends Far-left Reporters from CNN, NYT, Washington Post, and Other Independent Reporters Related to Doxxing Event that Endangered Musk’s Child​

On Thursday night, Twitter banned more than half a dozen of far-left journalists from CNN, New York Times, Washington Post, and other independent reporters who had been reporting on Elon Musk and Tesla.

The decision comes after Elon Musk declared war on sharing location information on the platform following a stalking incident with his son X.

Last night, car carrying lil X in LA was followed by crazy stalker (thinking it was me), who later blocked car from moving & climbed onto hood,” Musk wrote.

“Legal action is being taken against Sweeney & organizations who supported harm to my family,” he continued.
Jack Sweeney, is a 20-year-old college sophomore and programmer who started the @elonjet account to track Elon Musk.

Musk suspended Sweeney’s account immediately.

“Any account doxxing real-time location info of anyone will be suspended, as it is a physical safety violation. This includes posting links to sites with real-time location info,” Musk wrote.

On Thursday evening, Musk also suspended former MSNBC host Keith Olbermann, The New York Times’ Ryan Mac, CNN’s Donie O’Sullivan, Mashable’s Matt Binder, Micah Lee of The Intercept and independent journalists Aaron Rupar, Keith Olbermann and Tony Webster.

Musk said, “same doxxing rules apply to “journalists” as to everyone else.”

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Not a permanent ban. That was only done by the extreme left and highlighted in the twitter files by Tiabi and Weiss, and often at the behest of the Biden admin.

Twitter Suspends Far-left Reporters from CNN, NYT, Washington Post, and Other Independent Reporters Related to Doxxing Event that Endangered Musk’s Child​

On Thursday night, Twitter banned more than half a dozen of far-left journalists from CNN, New York Times, Washington Post, and other independent reporters who had been reporting on Elon Musk and Tesla.

The decision comes after Elon Musk declared war on sharing location information on the platform following a stalking incident with his son X.

Last night, car carrying lil X in LA was followed by crazy stalker (thinking it was me), who later blocked car from moving & climbed onto hood,” Musk wrote.

“Legal action is being taken against Sweeney & organizations who supported harm to my family,” he continued.
Jack Sweeney, is a 20-year-old college sophomore and programmer who started the @elonjet account to track Elon Musk.

Musk suspended Sweeney’s account immediately.

“Any account doxxing real-time location info of anyone will be suspended, as it is a physical safety violation. This includes posting links to sites with real-time location info,” Musk wrote.

On Thursday evening, Musk also suspended former MSNBC host Keith Olbermann, The New York Times’ Ryan Mac, CNN’s Donie O’Sullivan, Mashable’s Matt Binder, Micah Lee of The Intercept and independent journalists Aaron Rupar, Keith Olbermann and Tony Webster.

Musk said, “same doxxing rules apply to “journalists” as to everyone else.”
Yeah, that's not what happened at all. The reporters in question reported on the banning of the ElonJet account, which does nothing more than share publicly available information readily available from the FAA regarding plane traffic.

Whatever happened with his child had nothing to do with the information presented by the ElonJet account. Elon can ban whatever accounts he wants for whatever reasons strike him in the moment, but suggested he was doxxed is not being truthful.

Elon purchased the right to manage Twitter however he wants, but he shouldn't be surprised when he gets called out for hypocrisy. He has an agenda, which is fine, but his agenda isn't simply a matter of supporting free speech.

Yeah, that's not what happened at all. The reporters in question reported on the banning of the ElonJet account, which does nothing more than share publicly available information readily available from the FAA regarding plane traffic.

Whatever happened with his child had nothing to do with the information presented by the ElonJet account. Elon can ban whatever accounts he wants for whatever reasons strike him in the moment, but suggested he was doxxed is not being truthful.

Elon purchased the right to manage Twitter however he wants, but he shouldn't be surprised when he gets called out for hypocrisy. He has an agenda, which is fine, but his agenda isn't simply a matter of supporting free speech.
that is what happened

While not a fan of banning anyone (unlike all our liberal friends who seem to believe all alternate thoughts/ beliefs counter to the script are dangerous and must be eliminated.... Covid being example 1), I do find it amusing that the liberals are getting a taste of their own medicine and hopefully will now have a shared opinion to all the rest of us who just want all voices to be heard. Hope folks get reinstated but also become more tolerant of others beliefs.

Yeah, it's not publicly available information.

Reactions: Lumpdawg
Yeah, it's not publicly available information.
It was when he banned the journalists. His plane was trackable until today. Fine that he wants to change the status (didn't know that was possible) but at the time of the ban it was easily accessible information.

While not a fan of banning anyone (unlike all our liberal friends who seem to believe all alternate thoughts/ beliefs counter to the script are dangerous and must be eliminated.... Covid being example 1), I do find it amusing that the liberals are getting a taste of their own medicine and hopefully will now have a shared opinion to all the rest of us who just want all voices to be heard. Hope folks get reinstated but also become more tolerant of others beliefs.
You may want all voices to be heard, but many non liberals on here have no tolerance for other opinions. In fact, they attack people who don't agree with them.

I have always welcomed different opinions. Now there have been people banned here and that was appropriate.

If you are talking about Twitter, I couldn't care less.

It really takes gall for a lefty to call out anyone for hypocrisy !!!

Reactions: Dawgfan1966
It was when he banned the journalists. His plane was trackable until today. Fine that he wants to change the status (didn't know that was possible) but at the time of the ban it was easily accessible information.
If it was easily accessible up until yesterday then how come the kid who tracked it bragged about writing a program to expose Elon’s hidden location in February? I don’t know, but in Elon and others’ opinions, this program and its mission were illegal.

It seems to me Elon did not mind that the kid found a workaround legal or not until Elon’s son was threatened.

I don’t agree with the band, but I also don’t have people trying to track my every move and harass my family. Maybe if I did, I would feel differently.

If it was easily accessible up until yesterday then how come the kid who tracked it bragged about writing a program to expose Elon’s hidden location in February? I don’t know, but in Elon and others’ opinions, this program and its mission were illegal.

It seems to me Elon did not mind that the kid found a workaround legal or not until Elon’s son was threatened.

I don’t agree with the band, but I also don’t have people trying to track my every move and harass my family. Maybe if I did, I would feel differently.

Well, we know in the past that twitter was used to track Trump cabinet officials and calls to harass them for nothing more than having dinner with their families. Antifa has also used Twitter to track Andy Ngo and he has been attacked after calls for violence against him. As I said above, I don't care if Musk is in the right or wrong on this because I don't twitter but a ban on using the platform for tracking anyone seems to be a reasonable inclusion in the TOS.

I want anyone that wants to express an opinion to have the freedom to find a place to express that opinion. Otoh, I think anyone using any service to intimidate or bully others are great candidates for removal from the forum and legally liable if they cross that line.

Omg. Don’t even start

You mean 7 day ban. And the rest of your complaint is just as wrong.

You may want all voices to be heard, but many non liberals on here have no tolerance for other opinions. In fact, they attack people who don't agree with them.

I have always welcomed different opinions. Now there have been people banned here and that was appropriate.

If you are talking about Twitter, I couldn't care less.
HA HA HA yeah,,, libs never attack conservatives for disagreeing with there perverted ideas.. You are hopelessly naive. How old are you actually? Not much experience in life or just never learned much.

You meant to say propagandist and fbi agents right?

HA HA HA yeah,,, libs never attack conservatives for disagreeing with there perverted ideas.. You are hopelessly naive. How old are you actually? Not much experience in life or just never learned much.
Thank you for proving my point once again.

Reactions: shonuff253
Thank you for proving my point once again.
I proved nothing. You prove exactly what I said is true with each and everything you post. Alway's siding with the libs and ignoring all their lies and hypocrisy. You are as naive as they come. It's laughable you claim not to be a lib.

Oh NOW you care about people getting banned. Also they are not journalists. They are Democrat propagandist.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT