ADVERTISEMENT

FAQ: The new message boards (Most common questions since launch)

Radi Nabulsi

Publisher
Staff
Nov 17, 2003
Where can I find my old signature picture and how do I get that in to my new signature?

You can still go to the "Member Services" link in the top right hand corner of any current front page. From there, clicking "Message Board Options" will take you to a page to log in once more to access your preferences. Yout can find their signature code in "Message Board" options.

Once you have the URL only of the images you want to carry over they can simply however over your username in the top right hand corner of the new boards and click Signature.
_TGht4mlD7OsRLH-aYPMljpkSiZ93xiJOegwM5XzePQww_7uhnsUQwguw4qsqGKjaHg6IoVK_qdUeQ4_Qt-hjlv97ckz-Q7QykPXi40lf9QuvLSV_ABIdco0kiBLrvvsxg
- Click the image icon. Insert the URL of the photo you wish to embed. Click “Insert.” That will add it to your signature area.

I want to alert someone ... how do I tag a user?

Simply use the @ symbol and begin typing the username of the person you wish to tag in a new thread or reply. Their name will appear in the drop down menu after the @ symbol. Click their username and you're set.

I don't want to get alerts on every thread I participate in. How do I turn that off?

Hover over your username in the top right hand corner and click "Preferences."

A window will pop up to manage your Preferences. Uncheck the first option that says: Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...

I want the message board to fill my screen. How do I do that?
On the bottom left of any page of the new boards you'll see an icon that looks like this:
1679809.jpg

Clicking that once will adjust it to fill the screen or keep it as is.

I don't want to see signatures, how do I turn those off for my username?

Top right hand corner, hover over your username and then click "Preferences."

You can uncheck the option for... Show people's signatures with their messages.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT