ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite tailback

special

Letterman and National Champion
Jul 5, 2001
to watch run at UGA. Mine was Rodney Hampton. Remember when playing Oregon State He ran a long kickoff back. The state players were throwing their helmets at each other on the sideline. Not that fast but could cut and stop and go as good as anyone I saw play live.

HW
Gurley
Chubb
Really wish we could have seen TG have a full season last year. He was just a man among boys, much like #34.

HW
Gurley
Chubb
Really wish we could have seen TG have a full season last year. He was just a man among boys, much like #34.
Have seen all the backs going back for a long time. Many were more talented the Hampton. It just looked the the game was in slow motion for him. Very unique and fun to watch.

to watch run at UGA. Mine was Rodney Hampton. Remember when playing Oregon State He ran a long kickoff back. The state players were throwing their helmets at each other on the sideline. Not that fast but could cut and stop and go as good as anyone I saw play live.
It seemed like about two times a game Rodney would go into a big pile of folks and disappear, only to come out the other side still on his feet and gaining more yards. Reminded me of that Scooby Doo character that could go through cracks underneath doors and such. Also, was probably the best of all the Dawg running backs as a pro too.
That being said, still ain't nobody yet like Herschel was.

hearst could turn up that sideLINE like no other..Disappointed Robert Edwards play healthy for a full season would have been special
One of the best runs in pro ball was Hearst down the sideline with about 6 or 7 broken tackles. Disappoined in Jax. when he would cut and bounce to the outside. Gators had speed. After the game they taunted the section I was in. Heisman pose and then fall. Grabbing their crotch and so forth.

One of the best runs in pro ball was Hearst down the sideline with about 6 or 7 broken tackles. Disappoined in Jax. when he would cut and bounce to the outside. Gators had speed. After the game they taunted the section I was in. Heisman pose and then fall. Grabbing their crotch and so forth.
why in the heck was my post changed...I did not say disappointed in my original statement..but the quote showed in your reply that I did

South+Carolina+v+Georgia+tmMCR9lq5M2x.jpg

Edwards is high up there for me. Guy had cartoon air brakes and could stop while a defender lunged. But then this is impressive too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT