ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you who like Senator Perdue's Fairtax...............

MRDAWG

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Jasper, Ga
The Fairtax www.fairtax.org........

Recently I needed some plumbing work. The bill came to $1000. If the Fairtax was law, he would have to add $300.00 federal tax and submit it to the federal government. HA , HA , HA!

However, if he didn't our Federal deficit would grow as the Fairtax proposed law is revenue neutral.

I pay my dentist $100 for a checkup. He would have to add $30 and send it to the feds.

Proponents call it a national sales tax; that sounds good. However services would be taxed too. Haircuts, doctors, dentists, marriage counselors, attorneys, accountants, golf lessons etc would be Fairtaxed.

May sound good but it just won't work. They won't submit the taxes.

Recently I needed some plumbing work. The bill came to $1000. If the Fairtax was law, he would have to add $300.00 federal tax and submit it to the federal government. HA , HA , HA!

However, if he didn't our Federal deficit would grow as the Fairtax proposed law is revenue neutral.

I pay my dentist $100 for a checkup. He would have to add $30 and send it to the feds.

Proponents call it a national sales tax; that sounds good. However services would be taxed too. Haircuts, doctors, dentists, marriage counselors, attorneys, accountants, golf lessons etc would be Fairtaxed.

Brilliant analysis

On the other hand, he wouldn't have to charge as much in the first place, because he wouldn't have to account for all the taxes he would've paid anyway. Sooooooooo..............600.00 plumbing job, +300.00 Natl Sales Tax = 900.00. Hmmmm.....I'm not familiar with the new math. Is 900.00 less than 1000.00?

Recently I needed some plumbing work. The bill came to $1000....
FALSE. Read the books and do some more research. His taxes are lower and you get your entire paycheck. You'll pay roughly the same amount.

And it's not Perdue's...

Reactions: PEARL44
FALSE. Read the books and do some more research. His taxes are lower and you get your entire paycheck. You'll pay roughly the same amount.

And it's not Perdue's...
But that doesn't fit with their narrative. In addition, it would never be revenue nuetral because the economy would take off like a rocket. Increased economic activity means more tax revenue. Think about this: Since the tax would be embedded instead of after the fact, we'd almost immediately flip the trade balance. Our goods and services would be much cheaper overseas. But then again, those in power wouldn't be able to tweak the tax code to benefit their friends and contributors, so it's obviously no good.

D,JD. You truly have no concept of the concept.

You might want to read the fair tax books as you clearly do not understand the economics of it. this is th standard democrat scare tactic line of "they want to add a25% tax to everything you buy" which is a lie.

It also eliminates using the tax code to drive the behavior you want. For example, if the government decides they hate the color beige, they simply tax the color beige until the public will not buy it...which I'm sure I'd fine until they get to something you care about. The fair tax is as fair as fair can be.

You are wrong in your premise. Embedded tax would be eliminated therefore the cost of materials cheaper, the labor is the same, but you keep your whole paycheck. If you do the research you will come out way ahead of the current system. Spend a few minutes to review it. It also would shut down the IRS forever.

Reactions: PEARL44
On the other hand, he wouldn't have to charge as much in the first place, because he wouldn't have to account for all the taxes he would've paid anyway. Sooooooooo..............600.00 plumbing job, +300.00 Natl Sales Tax = 900.00. Hmmmm.....I'm not familiar with the new math. Is 900.00 less than 1000.00?
So plumber is paying $400 in tax and expense now?

You might want to read the fair tax books as you clearly do not understand the economics of it. this is th standard democrat scare tactic line of "they want to add a25% tax to everything you buy" which is a lie.

It also eliminates using the tax code to drive the behavior you want. For example, if the government decides they hate the color beige, they simply tax the color beige until the public will not buy it...which I'm sure I'd fine until they get to something you care about. The fair tax is as fair as fair can be.
I have read both of Boortz's books. Pay attention to how he backs off on all the claims in the second book.

What we have now sucks. You never know how much you owe. Its too complicated and as we have seen recently subject to government corruption. it makes us have to hire thousands of IRS employees. I personally favor a consumption tax, but with a fair tax at least you would know how much you owe.

Spoken like an economic misfit. You clearly don't understand the plan, nor do you understand that we're paying those taxes currently. The fair tax would drive down the cost of your plumbing to the point you won't notice the tax, its embedded as it is currently. . In that $1000 you paid your plumber his tax cost were included in the price.....I'm happy to be of assistance

Plus you would have more money to pay that $300 because it wasn't taken out of your paycheck before you received it. At least that is the way I understand it.

ADVERTISEMENT