ADVERTISEMENT

Hindsight 20/20?……

No. rift raft uses a t and is a poor man's boat. https://floatingtone.wordpress.com/2011/06/25/the-riff-raff-and-the-“rift-raft”/

The first Google result for rift raft (which has 33,100 hits) only intrigued me more. On wiki.answers.com, someone has posted the question ‘what if [is] a rift raft?’ and here is the one answer which was posted:
Word Press?

If you read the link, it goes on to say that it never ended with a “t”. It’s just a misspelling and one persons story.

That the same as riff-raff??
I highly doubt riff-raff came from rift-raft. The full post on that points out that riff-raff has been used in the English language long before river boats were on the Mississippi.

I did read something a few years ago about how the Internet might be making us all spell worse. Before it, our reading was usually printed books, magazines and newspapers that were heavily edited by professionals. We read so much these days by the "riff-raff" (I'm a card carrying member, BTW) that mistakes in someone else's writing are repeated in our own. That's not to mention that the hurry to publish things on the Internet these days (even by professional media outlets) causes many more errors to be included in the articles. Professional editors don't have nearly as much time to read over and correct. Of course, these industries are hurting as well and editing departments are downsized.

Word Press?

If you read the link, it goes on to say that it never ended with a “t”. It’s just a misspelling and one persons story.

Ha! I was typing the post saying just this while you posted. I never took it to be truth.

You may want to be sure you spell it correctly next time, or someone may mistake you for a democrat.
I've already been told I'm a Democrat on the chat. You don't get to decide what you are on here. You are told what you are by the powers that be. I'm still not sure who is on the Chat Board of Elders, but it ain't me. But misspelling doesn't seem to be tied to one party. At least that's my experience.

Yes, POTUS lives like the rift raft.
??? The comparison between him and ANY OTHER politician is not even close.
They are morally, ethically and empathetically bankrupt! They have ben selling us out to the highest bidder (or often just any price) for their personal gain. I am talking both sides, they are all in the game together, pretending to care about America and its citizens.

??? The comparison between him and ANY OTHER politician is not even close.
They are morally, ethically and empathetically bankrupt! They have ben selling us out to the highest bidder (or often just any price) for their personal gain. I am talking both sides, they are all in the game together, pretending to care about America and its citizens.
Yes. Trump is the most morally and ethically sound of all politicians. Peace be upon him.

F8aXs76XwAAENjg.jpg:large

Yes. Trump is the most morally and ethically sound of all politicians. Peace be upon him.

F8aXs76XwAAENjg.jpg:large
I'm glad you finally realize the error of your ways. Maybe there is hope for you just yet!
Seriously, he has not screwed us whereas the dems and pubs have made a game out of screwing us , and then pandering for our votes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT