ADVERTISEMENT

HOW JOHN WAYNE SAVED THE MARINES

Uh.....Surplus? And what is the surplus going for? Is it being used to pay back the crippling debt accumulated over several administrations? Is it really a surplus, or is it the typical, "Well, if you take this expense out, and forget interest expense, and project revenues over the next five years, then we've got a surplus", or is a real "Revenues exceed expenses" surplus?
Infrastructure mostly. Perhaps you should request information from Gov. Brown's office if you're concerned.

a) Just because Spreme Court rules something okey-dokey doesn't make it constitutional. Ever read the Dred Scott decision, or Plessey v Ferguson?
b) Since when is the Bush Administration the benchmark for conservative thought?
c) Repair? Sure, keep thinking that. I never thought I'd see a worse president than James Earl Carter, but BHO continues to amaze and dismay.
A) actually, it does. That ship has sailed, after, what, 75 years of trying to drag the country into modernity so perhaps it's time to find another issue on which to be on the wrong side of history. I hear there's a rather monumental decision looming about which you can decry as the end of American civilization;
b) since conservative thought morphed into the adulation of stupidity that it is today. DDE would be appalled;
c) yes, repair. Look at the numbers. Amazed is a good word though.

Ah yes, the evil ACA. I'm sorry, wasn't that looked at by the Supreme Court? And, last I saw the Executive Branch still can't pass laws; it can though, when capable, have vision and propose and champion them. This administration, however much it's philosophy irks your regressive mind, has been very successful in undoing a lot of the damage caused by the previous. A simple 'thank you' will suffice.
That is my point, the executive branch cannot propose and then pass the bills into law. They are passing over the legislative branch intentionally to force laws the people do not want down our throats. You just made my point even clearer. Why in the heck would I want to thank these criminals for breaking the law? When someone robs from me do I thank them? Not ever! I wish again they would help this nation by hanging themselves or eating a bullet.

I think you'll find that the ACA was indeed passed by the legislative branch. And speak for yourself about not wanting it. Criminals. Crimeny.

I think you'll find that the ACA was indeed passed by the legislative branch. And speak for yourself about not wanting it. Criminals. Crimeny.
They told lie after lie to get it through a Democrat controlled Congress. They made back room deals to gain support of Mary Landrieu (hey, she USED to be a Senator from Louisiana) and Nelson from Nebraska. Roberts inexplicably re-wrote the law to get it through. I cannot WAIT until the dramatic premium increases kick in after the subsidies run out. If you think ACA is either Constitutional or good Policy, then you're just another simple minded cool-aid drinker. As for Conservative thought, what could you possible know about it. Kindly elucidate me on what the function of the Federal government is, absent the 18 Enumerated Powers.

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
They told lie after lie to get it through a Democrat controlled Congress. They made back room deals to gain support of Mary Landrieu (hey, she USED to be a Senator from Louisiana) and Nelson from Nebraska. Roberts inexplicably re-wrote the law to get it through. I cannot WAIT until the dramatic premium increases kick in after the subsidies run out. If you think ACA is either Constitutional or good Policy, then you're just another simple minded cool-aid drinker. As for Conservative thought, what could you possible know about it. Kindly elucidate me on what the function of the Federal government is, absent the 18 Enumerated Powers.
why are you still fighting yesterdays battle?

why are you still fighting yesterdays battle?
It will be repealed soon, so it is not yesterdays battle. It was a huge takeover of 1/8 of the GDP which politicians love. More money and more power for them. They have taken our choice of health care from us and forced this archaic system upon the public for bureaucrats to decide how we receive care. Thanks!! (sarcasm) in case you did not understand.

So you're a dissatisfied customer; please contact your local customer service office for a complaint form...and have a nice day!

So you're a dissatisfied customer; please contact your local customer service office for a complaint form...and have a nice day!
It's called an election and believe me I will be there, in the mean time they should hang themselves or eat a bullet. That would be the patriotic thing for the libs to do.
I hope you have a nice day as well.

Perhaps if you vote Cruz he can go off ACA! Again with the suicide imagery; either you have the emotions of a child or....well, that's the only possible excuse.

It will be repealed soon, so it is not yesterdays battle. It was a huge takeover of 1/8 of the GDP which politicians love. More money and more power for them. They have taken our choice of health care from us and forced this archaic system upon the public for bureaucrats to decide how we receive care. Thanks!! (sarcasm) in case you did not understand.
Not ever gonna get repealed, fwiw

Perhaps if you vote Cruz he can go off ACA! Again with the suicide imagery; either you have the emotions of a child or....well, that's the only possible excuse.
Emotions of a grown ass man. Upset with criminals running our government.
Examples to many to list under this administration, but bill and hillary getting funds from foreign nations after sending high tech military equipment their way. obama singing bills into law that congress did not have a say in.
Just partisan politics to them. It is still illegal. The only right thing to do would be for them to take them selves out, I might even take a pause to think of them if so. I hope you have a great day and would enjoy conversation about the Dawgs over a beer or two, but we could not talk politics obviously.

Emotions of a grown ass man. Upset with criminals running our government.
Examples to many to list under this administration, but bill and hillary getting funds from foreign nations after sending high tech military equipment their way. obama singing bills into law that congress did not have a say in.
Just partisan politics to them. It is still illegal. The only right thing to do would be for them to take them selves out, I might even take a pause to think of them if so. I hope you have a great day and would enjoy conversation about the Dawgs over a beer or two, but we could not talk politics obviously.
Do you just make up stuff to be mad about ?

Do you just make up stuff to be mad about ?
Make it up? I wish I had made this up, it's upsetting isn't it? I am a positive person about things I can control, but get fed up with criminal politicians getting rich off screwing us. Do you not believe what I wrote? look it up for yourself. I have no reason to get on a board and not use facts.

Last edited:
Make it up? I wish I had made this up, it's upsetting isn't it? I am a positive person about things I can control, but get fed up with criminal politicians getting rich off screwing us. Do you not believe what I wrote? look it up for yourself. I have no reason to get on a board and not use facts.
But you're not providing any facts

That's about a mile long article

So that is your only reply? Can you not read long articles or not admit the truth? My guess is both.
How inconvenient that you are faced to review facts, but It's just to long to read so it can't be true.
That is what I call liberal reasoning or lack of! Are you for real, read the article and give a legitimate response if you hold me to a higher standard I expect the same from you. If not I win this debate hands down, because you admit defeat by ignoring the facts.

Last edited:
So that is your only reply? Can you not read long articles or not admit the truth? My guess is both.
How inconvenient that you are faced to review facts, but It's just to long to read so it can't be true.
That is what I call liberal reasoning or lack of! Are you for real, read the article and give a legitimate response if you hold me to a higher standard I expect the same from you. If not I win this debate hands down, because you admit defeat by ignoring the facts.
Why don't you give us the highlights

I did already and you said I wasn't giving facts. Now you will just have to read the facts for yourself.
Just can't admit the one on the dems ticket for the presidency that sits while she pee's has once again gotten in a scandal.
No, you didn't give the highlights, you give a few dogmatic one liners and posted a link to a mile long story . Give us the highlights

No, you didn't give the highlights, you give a few dogmatic one liners and posted a link to a mile long story . Give us the highlights
The mile long story contains all the pertinent facts of the scam your crooked clinton's have set up.
I am not doing the work for you, Read the article and then I will answer your questions. What do you think this is special ed class?
How can you debate an issue without knowing the facts, even after being presented wit them? Oh wait that is how you libs work always with your arguments, my bad i forgot.

The mile long story contains all the pertinent facts of the scam your crooked clinton's have set up.
I am not doing the work for you, Read the article and then I will answer your questions. What do you think this is special ed class?
How can you debate an issue without knowing the facts, even after being presented wit them? Oh wait that is how you libs work always with your arguments, my bad i forgot.
I'll say it again, when presented with really bad facts, ignore them, and start a series of ad hominum attacks, complete with character assassination and name calling. We know she's a horrible person, they know she's a horrible person, and evidently, most of the American people are getting the idea that she's a horrible person. All the greasiness, corruption, and criminal behavior of Slick Willie, without any of the likability.

Here, read this and get back to me .... Don't talk to me again about anything until you've ready the entire thing, lazybones

http://www.britannica.com

John Wayne was born on May 26, 1907, in Winterset, Iowa, as Marion Morrison, weighing 13 pounds. His birthplace is a museum. There is a guest book, opened to a page with the entry, in the entrant’s handwriting, Name: Ronald Reagan, Address: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington DC.

To celebrate the birthday of a truly great American, let me tell you how John Wayne saved the Marine Corps. In the aftermath of World War II, the psychological letdown after years of war and bloodshed, the huge demobilization of servicemen, the desire to slash military spending, and the antipathy towards the military by the leftist liberals in the Democrat Party.... all combined in a call by a number of Senators and Congressmen to abolish the Marine Corps.

In this, they were supported by the Doolittle Board, created by Harry Truman, which called for the Marine Corps to be “disbanded” as a separate military force, and “unified” with the Army [yes, the board was headed by Air Force General Jimmy Doolittle].

A group of enterprising Marines – you can always depend on Marines to be enterprising – with Hollywood connections, thought a movie made around the most famous photograph of World War II, Joe Rosenthal’s photo of the Marines raising the flag on Mount Suribachi on Iwo Jima, could help sway public opinion against their disbandment.

They approached Hollywood director Allan Dwan, who agreed to commission a script. The movie was to be called “The Sands of Iwo Jima,” and everybody agreed there was only one man who could play the lead role of Sergeant Stryker: John Wayne.

To their great surprise, Wayne turned it down. He didn’t like the script, and he wasn’t enamored of the character of Stryker. The Marines came to the rescue again. The Marine Corps Commandant, General Clifton B. Cates, got on an airplane and flew from Washington to California to personally request Wayne make the picture. When General Cates explained the stakes involved – the very existence of the Marine Corps – Wayne immediately changed his mind, promising the general he would do everything in his power to have the movie be a success.

The Sands of Iwo Jima was released in 1949 and quickly became a runaway blockbuster, with millions of moviegoers packing every theatre showing it. Wayne was nominated for a Best Actor Oscar, establishing him as Hollywood’s Number One box-office star. The Doolittle Board folded its tent, and no politician on Capitol Hill ever again said a word about disbanding the Marines.

So let’s all say “Semper Fi” to the memory of John Wayne.

To further celebrate his birthday, here’s a treat and some advice. The treat is this link: A biography of John Wayne written by Ronald Reagan, in the October 1979 Reader’s Digest.

The advice is this: Don’t ever trust a man who doesn’t like John Wayne. A man’s opinion of John Wayne is a good rule-of-thumb test of his character and moral values. To admire John Wayne is to admire the heroic and the morally noble. To sneer at John Wayne is to admire the opposite. It’s revealing that you find very few liberals among his admirers, and very few conservatives among his detractors.

And John Wayne’s famous quote? “Sgt Stryker: Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.”

John Wayne was born on May 26, 1907, in Winterset, Iowa, as Marion Morrison, weighing 13 pounds. His birthplace is a museum. There is a guest book, opened to a page with the entry, in the entrant’s handwriting, Name: Ronald Reagan, Address: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington DC.

To celebrate the birthday of a truly great American, let me tell you how John Wayne saved the Marine Corps. In the aftermath of World War II, the psychological letdown after years of war and bloodshed, the huge demobilization of servicemen, the desire to slash military spending, and the antipathy towards the military by the leftist liberals in the Democrat Party.... all combined in a call by a number of Senators and Congressmen to abolish the Marine Corps.

In this, they were supported by the Doolittle Board, created by Harry Truman, which called for the Marine Corps to be “disbanded” as a separate military force, and “unified” with the Army [yes, the board was headed by Air Force General Jimmy Doolittle].

A group of enterprising Marines – you can always depend on Marines to be enterprising – with Hollywood connections, thought a movie made around the most famous photograph of World War II, Joe Rosenthal’s photo of the Marines raising the flag on Mount Suribachi on Iwo Jima, could help sway public opinion against their disbandment.

They approached Hollywood director Allan Dwan, who agreed to commission a script. The movie was to be called “The Sands of Iwo Jima,” and everybody agreed there was only one man who could play the lead role of Sergeant Stryker: John Wayne.

To their great surprise, Wayne turned it down. He didn’t like the script, and he wasn’t enamored of the character of Stryker. The Marines came to the rescue again. The Marine Corps Commandant, General Clifton B. Cates, got on an airplane and flew from Washington to California to personally request Wayne make the picture. When General Cates explained the stakes involved – the very existence of the Marine Corps – Wayne immediately changed his mind, promising the general he would do everything in his power to have the movie be a success.

The Sands of Iwo Jima was released in 1949 and quickly became a runaway blockbuster, with millions of moviegoers packing every theatre showing it. Wayne was nominated for a Best Actor Oscar, establishing him as Hollywood’s Number One box-office star. The Doolittle Board folded its tent, and no politician on Capitol Hill ever again said a word about disbanding the Marines.

So let’s all say “Semper Fi” to the memory of John Wayne.

To further celebrate his birthday, here’s a treat and some advice. The treat is this link: A biography of John Wayne written by Ronald Reagan, in the October 1979 Reader’s Digest.

The advice is this: Don’t ever trust a man who doesn’t like John Wayne. A man’s opinion of John Wayne is a good rule-of-thumb test of his character and moral values. To admire John Wayne is to admire the heroic and the morally noble. To sneer at John Wayne is to admire the opposite. It’s revealing that you find very few liberals among his admirers, and very few conservatives among his detractors.

And John Wayne’s famous quote? “Sgt Stryker: Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.”
Why don't you ask any Marine if John Wayne saved the Marines. I like John Wayne movies as much as anyone but I don't admire him at all. He choose to stay home during WWII and shoot movies instead of shooting German or Japanese soldiers and the person I admire is the is the one who stormed Normandy or Guadalcanal not the one who played one in a movie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT