ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg I got a bill in the mail yesterday that was post marked Feb. 28th.

True story, friend of mine in Atlanta (we live in Nashville) received our Christmas card that was post marked 12/21/23 last week! 3 MONTHS LATER. It could have just got lost somehow, but that's wild.
My daughter got her happy Valentine’s Day card from her aunt last week.

The funny thing is my aunt took a trip to Antarctica a couple weeks ago and somehow the postcard she sent arrived in 6 days. Yet, if I mail something to my next door neighbor, it may take 10 days, if ever.

Don’t blame USPS on the whole, blame the Atlanta USPS.

I’ve received mail in a timely fashion from all over the country (east coast, west coast, etc.) over the last few weeks, yet the pieces of mail that have taken 2+ weeks to go 500 miles have been those pieces that started and went through Atlanta.

Maybe USPS Atlanta had a broken water pipe in the middle of the night, who knows.

Mother in law, who lives near Reno, put two Easter for my kids in the mail in early March. We just received them yesterday.

How can we function with mail that’s 7 weeks late? This feels worse than peak COVID back ups. Wtf.

*sorry for old man yells at cloud thread but this seems like a huge problem
USPS was gutted 4 years ago. What should we expect?

How can we function with mail that’s 7 weeks late? This feels worse than peak COVID back ups. Wtf.

Wife and I just received a Valentine’s Card from North Carolina.
I’ve got electric bills, water bills I mail to Atlanta/Athens even if sent 10 days in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatsWaterDawg

You can thank the Post Office, it needs to be shut down. They want the price of stamps to go to $.75. I have gone paperless with all my bills and pay online. The Phony Express became obsolete and the Post Office has become obsolete.

USPS takes a loss every year somehow it still manages to survive

It's rare we depend on the mail for anything anymore, what we mostly get is junk mail that just goes right into the trash. Do everything online, I do understand what you mean though.

Of course it does, with OUR tax dollars.
In the end, yes.

They receive no tax dollars for operating expenses relying on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations……problem is, they are losing money out their azz.

Looks like they are using taxpayer money in the end to keep them afloat.

Wish they would wash their hands of it all and sell it. But who they hayul would want to buy it. I certainly wouldn’t.

Pretty sure if they did indeed find a buyer, they would have to sell at a loss…..or worse, just shut it down. Which may not turn out to be a bad thing.

Last edited:
That's pretty quick for the USPS these days, just saying! Remember, these are government employees, not private business.

Why should the Post Office function any better than any other Government agency.
You get what you vote for but here it takes 4 weeks to get the notice.

Don’t blame USPS on the whole, blame the Atlanta USPS.

I’ve received mail in a timely fashion from all over the country (east coast, west coast, etc.) over the last few weeks, yet the pieces of mail that have taken 2+ weeks to go 500 miles have been those pieces that started and went through Atlanta.

Maybe USPS Atlanta had a broken water pipe in the middle of the night, who knows.
Yeah and they like to throw absentee ballots in ditches too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT