ADVERTISEMENT

I like to hunt

special

Letterman and National Champion
Jul 5, 2001
all kinds of deer and elk. Like to eat them.Have a hundred plus long guns and handguns. Why would anyone want to kill a rhino,giraffe,or hippo much less a lion? I know that there is more important news. It did get Caitlyn news to slow down.

Hunting for food or for sport if the resulting food source is sold for food use, is okay with me. I have a couple guns, inherited from family, but have never fired them. Had them professionally checked out and cleaned, then put away for safe keeping. Recently bought a semi auto hand gun for home protection as the other guns are antiques and likely not as dependable as a new one. Wife and I took a hand gun safety course, which includes proper handling, cleaning and use of that gun. That was a year ago. We've not touched it since. So, my perspective is not really a well balanced one. My Dad was a musician and car salesman. One for fun. One for the bills. he never hunted or fished or played ball. But he was cool as hell, made the ladies drool. So as a role model, he's alright with me. Bless his heart.

Back to guns. I do not understand trophy hunting or big game hunting of any kind. Just me, but stuffing real animals for decor seems a bit on the creepy side of things. As for just killing certain beasts to complete a particular kill chart seems rather beastly itself. What does it prove? That you can afford a gun and airfare to Africa or out West where the buffalo roam? Bow hunting for wild boar (the really big ones) interests me, but only because the challenge is more evenly balanced....like spearfishing.

Most of my friends and family, who do hunt and fish always have their share dressed and cleaned and processed for consumption. Deer burgers or meatloaf is outstanding. Too lean by itself, but mixed 4 to one with Odum's Tennessee Pride roll pork (hot) sausage, it makes championship meat loaf. No problem with eating fish of any type (so far). But mounting fish or birds or mammals on the wall is very simply not my thing. Dead and stuffed gators never bothered me. Killing snakes and bugs, no problem either.

Yea.. I don't understand taking a animal like that(lion). When you go and tell people that you killed a lion I would say 70% of them would give you negative feed back. The hunter being a Doctor, you would have thought this guy would have thought the pros and cons of this hunt, not many of these big cats out there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT