ADVERTISEMENT

I see a lot of "regulars" have left...

Can't say I'm surprised. Yahoo made a mistake.
I'll say again. Yahoo couldn't care less. If they cared, they would have backed off on the changes to this board and the Vent. It would've cost very little to leave it alone. They could have covered the cost with a nominal increase in membership fees on the pay site.

It's not the same fo sho.......thread view allowed a quick glimpse at posts and eliminated needless clicking. The Chat will never be the same and, depending on the pay site subscription renewal, it may die a slow painful death. I'm waiting to see how things go but I have cut off my auto-renewal option.

Yahoo screwed the pooch.....

I kind of wonder if they did or not. We'll see as time goes on. Throwing a tantrum over how a free board is set up seems a little pointless.

I kind of wonder if they did or not. We'll see as time goes on. Throwing a tantrum over how a free board is set up seems a little pointless.
I think most rational people would agree with you.

While folks are complaining about how the free board is set up...most should know that a lot of the ones complaining...moving on etc..are paying members that enjoy the chat version on UGA rivals as well as the pay side..and a lot of the same ones have been around here for over 10 years.. so I think it is a bit more than folks complaining about the setup of a free board.

Problem is a lot of us are paying members that come during slow season for entertainment. If we just go month to month and cancel during slow times, is that what the want. Surely that will cost them $$.

While folks are complaining about how the free board is set up...most should know that a lot of the ones complaining...moving on etc..are paying members that enjoy the chat version on UGA rivals as well as the pay side..and a lot of the same ones have been around here for over 10 years.. so I think it is a bit more than folks complaining about the setup of a free board.
Bingo, I jumped back and forth a pretty good bit. TEE and some others leaving bothers me some, because after 14 years, a lot of these people have become friends. The younger crowd always talks about change is good, but its not always for the better.

I'll say again. Yahoo couldn't care less. If they cared, they would have backed off on the changes to this board and the Vent. It would've cost very little to leave it alone. They could have covered the cost with a nominal increase in membership fees on the pay site.

you realize their bidness decisions don;t revolve around the Chat, don't you?

Reactions: LumpLump
Well, I've been riding the gravy train here since back in the Donnan years. I honestly can't remember if I came in here in 96 or 97, but I've seen a lot of folks come and go over the years. I personally prefer the thread view bu I'm not going to get in an uproar if I have to deal with topic.

One reason a lot of folks left over the years is that the board quit being a sports board and first went to a general topic board and then went to what I call "Dawg P&M". I was a regular poster until about 2008 when it became so damn political.

Today I'll drop by and see how the place goes, but I still think that Yahoo, like Rivals, is too cheap to put a moderator on a free board, which is what the place could use.

Reactions: LumpLump
Me too Old. It was not a UGA board anymore. It was a hangout of old, white men reliving their teens.:D I'm an old lady and don't want to do that. : ) I was first on in the late 90s, then back again later as a paying member. Then Rivals ticked me off for something Oceandawg said about Mike Adams and I dropped my paid side.

Lots of people run off because of pics (especially women), all the political stuff, etc. NOTHING that had to do with UGA hardly being said. That said, I've met several and all good people.

But they have their new thread view board, can cuss and post all the nasty pics they want from what I understand. That is a GOOD thing for them and good it's not a representation of UGA to the general public, imo. I have actually had to explain it is NOT a UGA school sponsored board.

I just looked and I joined in 2000. I worked at a helpdesk and a guy I went to school with showed me. We worked late hours and then a few other Bulldogs work with us so we had a lot of fun with out posts. 95% of the post were about football or the Dawgs or it got nuked. It seems like it really went down when the started the pay vent maybe around 2006. I don't see why some guys like the guy who did Dawgtreasures site don't start a new message board; a new Dawg vent. It doesn't see like it would be that hard to do and if you generated a fraction of the traffic the Dawg chat did it would pay for the site.

It was a fun board back then.......especially if you weren't talking sports, it was all the hoopla with Adams, Dooley, etc. Lots of opinions on that. But......it was still UGA talk.

Me too Old. It was not a UGA board anymore. It was a hangout of old, white men reliving their teens.:D I'm an old lady and don't want to do that. : ) I was first on in the late 90s, then back again later as a paying member. Then Rivals ticked me off for something Oceandawg said about Mike Adams and I dropped my paid side.

Lots of people run off because of pics (especially women), all the political stuff, etc. NOTHING that had to do with UGA hardly being said. That said, I've met several and all good people.

But they have their new thread view board, can cuss and post all the nasty pics they want from what I understand. That is a GOOD thing for them and good it's not a representation of UGA to the general public, imo. I have actually had to explain it is NOT a UGA school sponsored board.
WCPAYW?
My apologies........

Used to be set up like a mullet. Party in the front(The Chats). Business in the back(the Vent/Jacque Sniffers). Now you get jack squat on the Chat. "Topics" gonna drip along and only because dill weeds like M, OCD, etc are here. Gradulations....

Well, I've been riding the gravy train here since back in the Donnan years. I honestly can't remember if I came in here in 96 or 97, but I've seen a lot of folks come and go over the years. I personally prefer the thread view bu I'm not going to get in an uproar if I have to deal with topic.

One reason a lot of folks left over the years is that the board quit being a sports board and first went to a general topic board and then went to what I call "Dawg P&M". I was a regular poster until about 2008 when it became so damn political.

Today I'll drop by and see how the place goes, but I still think that Yahoo, like Rivals, is too cheap to put a moderator on a free board, which is what the place could use.
We do have a moderator here. A couple. But they pop in and out. One new function is the "Report" button that anyone can use if you feel a post is out of line. Or use the tag function. What you do is type the @ symbol and then the name of the person you want to reach. Their name will automatically come up and then yuo click on it. They will receive an alert in that upper right hand area at the top of the page. So you can let me or any of the staff know there is an issue. just type @Radi Nabulsi

]WCPAYW?
My apologies........
LOL! No apologies needed! This is the thing....."code" words were funny. But for me, so is OCD. Half the language people use such as "fly fock", "bake ham", etc. wouldn't make the board near as entertaining without OCD. Why he got under everyone's skin so bad amazes me. And for me, also entertaining he could pull it off.

As another former chatter who met OCD said and told me once, "It takes a lot of thinking and creativity to write like that." It DOES. Team Tulsa is annoying for some, entertaining for others. May be because I wasn't on everyday.

Will miss Waycross and his stories of conquests. : )

]WCPAYW?
My apologies........
LOL! No apologies needed! This is the thing....."code" words were funny. But for me, so is OCD. Half the language people use such as "fly fock", "bake ham", etc. wouldn't make the board near as entertaining without OCD. Why he got under everyone's skin so bad amazes me. And for me, also entertaining he could pull it off.

As another former chatter who met OCD said and told me once, "It takes a lot of thinking and creativity to write like that." It DOES. Team Tulsa is annoying for some, entertaining for others. May be because I wasn't on everyday.

Will miss Waycross and his stories of conquests. : )

Thank you for those nice words . Part of my job help me come up with a lot of it . I admit my grammar isn't the best and thankfully I found away to get through EH 101 and 102 .

This board has always been a stress relief for me . Bake ham came from a Sgt that was killed . Everyone called him Doc ( I know funny ) , some would arrive a shootings or wrecks and say Doc how is he ? Doc never liked saying he or she going to die so he would say they're bake ham . You knew when he said that you were going to be there a while or call investigators.

Fly Fock came from a jailer that didn't like cussing . He would say I don't give a fly fock . To his credit I never heard him slip up and say the real thing .

Beef cow I really don't know where that came from . Thanks again for those nice words .

Thank you for those nice words . Part of my job help me come up with a lot of it . I admit my grammar isn't the best and thankfully I found away to get through EH 101 and 102 .

This board has always been a stress relief for me . Bake ham came from a Sgt that was killed . Everyone called him Doc ( I know funny ) , some would arrive a shootings or wrecks and say Doc how is he ? Doc never liked saying he or she going to die so he would say they're bake ham . You knew when he said that you were going to be there a while or call investigators.

Fly Fock came from a jailer that didn't like cussing . He would say I don't give a fly fock . To his credit I never heard him slip up and say the real thing .

Beef cow I really don't know where that came from . Thanks again for those nice words .
you are just a puppy at heart,but I need more to take to the board.....................................................................................................................................................................

you are just a puppy at heart,but I need more to take to the board.....................................................................................................................................................................

Im not starting anymore topics to this board for some time . I'm not going to be blame for sinking a board .

It's your job and others to spark interest in others and me . Fail to do that we will sink . Jaman lead us . I can't swim so we better sail . I trust that you make this work .

You and dawg4sure and waycross better get right and move us . I'm going to watch . Make topics roll .

On a more serious note I hope things are better and excitement setting in about being a papa .

>Thank you for those nice words . Part of my job help me come up with a lot of it . I admit my grammar isn't the best and thankfully I found away to get through EH 101 and 102 .

Beef cow I really don't know where that came from . Thanks again for those nice words .[/QUOTE]

No thanks needed OCD. Thanks for how they came about. I have to admit to using some of these sometimes. : )

>Thank you for those nice words . Part of my job help me come up with a lot of it . I admit my grammar isn't the best and thankfully I found away to get through EH 101 and 102 .

No thanks needed OCD. Thanks for how they came about. I have to admit to using some of these sometimes. : )[/QUOTE]

Funny..

caring.png

Back in 96 and 97 the whole world was different. When it got highly political, they started the Coffee Shop. It gave us a forum to talk politics, God and country.

But then, they pulled the plug on the Coffee Shop. All of us political junkies came back to the chat. Well, not all. Many left. It was either talk politics or come to the chat to talk about rock groups or concerts.

96 and 97 was frustrating because, for me, it was dial up. The simplicity of the Grapevine and the vent was exciting. Hey, I loved the Coffee Shop. It is where I spent much of my time. It was in there somewhere I changed my handle. I guess in 2009 based on what it says in my profile.

Back in 96 and 97 the whole world was different. When it got highly political, they started the Coffee Shop. It gave us a forum to talk politics, God and country.

But then, they pulled the plug on the Coffee Shop. All of us political junkies came back to the chat. Well, not all. Many left. It was either talk politics or come to the chat to talk about rock groups or concerts.

96 and 97 was frustrating because, for me, it was dial up. The simplicity of the Grapevine and the vent was exciting. Hey, I loved the Coffee Shop. It is where I spent much of my time. It was in there somewhere I changed my handle. I guess in 2009 based on what it says in my profile.
Thems the good old days

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT