ADVERTISEMENT

It's high time we ban the United States of America!

Or the Germans or the Japanese.

Japanese love us. Just returned from there. Great folks with a great society. Very clean and organized with incredible food and beauty I hadn't expected. The people of Japan were gracious and generally love Americans. Especially in he Osaka areas. Kids constantly coming up to speak English and greeting is with a big happy "hello!" Highly recommend it. They love their society but actually look up to ours, especially in the younger generations. IMHO

I can only imagine how bad the British feel when they see our flag and status as a nation.

One of the remarkable things about successful people and nations is that they don't waste time sulking over defeat. They move on. I doubt the present British government or its people have any ill feelings toward the United States government or its people. I also doubt that the British government of the 1780s had much time to think about the former American colonies, since its leaders were administering a very lucrative worldwide empire in the Americas, the Caribbean, India, and East Asia. The British were only concerned with two revolutions at the time---the Industrial Revolution taking place in their own country, and the more ominous French Revolution happening just across the English Channel.

The British Army did get some measure of revenge on the United States in 1814 when it invaded Washington city and set fire to the Executive Mansion (later to be known as the White House).

Any residual enmity between the two countries ended with the Anglo-American alliances of World War I and World War II.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT