ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Eason.....Is he the next Stafford?

Dawgette

Circle of Honor
Sep 6, 2002
Seattle, WA
I am just curious what the chat has to say about Eason.

I know I am looking forward to making a few of his games this fall and seeing what the hype is all about.

I know I am looking forward to making a few of his games this fall and seeing what the hype is all about.

Just from his HIGHlight reels this kid has just about everything you want from a QB. Vision, presence, patience, roll out/scramble ability, accuracy, & strength. Whether it transfers to the college level or not, remains to be seen, but he looks like the real deal on tape.

Reactions: Dawgette
Just from his HIGHlight reels this kid has just about everything you want from a QB. Vision, presence, patience, roll out/scramble ability, accuracy, & strength. Whether it transfers to the college level or not, remains to be seen, but he looks like the real deal on tape.

So, will CMR start him right out of the gate or will we hear more stories about the QB not being ready and not knowing the playbook well enough? If I had a dollar for every time I have heard that, I'd have a lot of dollars.

Well doesn't the plot thicken further with the Greyson Lambert transfer from Virginia? Is he a rising senior or does he have more than one year of eligibility?

Afternoon, Ma'am...you know where to find me if you need me...

Reactions: Dawgette
I hope Eason is great, but I can't help but think "Jamie Harris" every time we get "the next great quarterback".

No Championship under Stafford was'nt his fault. Once again, poor defense and special teams play got us beat.

Coaching, coaching, coaching...I keep wondering how long it's going to take for everyone to figure it out. Mark Richt is a great recruiter and the coach you want your kid play for, but he will never be a championship coach. He doesn't have the ability. Great guy, mediocre motivator and game winner.

I wish it wasn't true, but time as proven it to be.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg

I think he has better touch, but not as much zip on the ball. On balance I think he'd likely have better stats than Staff if Bobo coached him. This is not a knock on Schotty, just an acknowledgement to the unknown. It's no longer an apples to apples comparison, we knew Bobo produced prolific offenses, we hope Schotty does.

So, will CMR start him right out of the gate or will we hear more stories about the QB not being ready and not knowing the playbook well enough? If I had a dollar for every time I have heard that, I'd have a lot of dollars.

There's whispers about that Eason has already said he wouldn't mind redshirting. Also the same whisperers say Richt would prefer Ramsey plays well and starts 2 seasons.

No Championship under Stafford was'nt his fault. Once again, poor defense and special teams play got us beat.

Coaching, coaching, coaching...I keep wondering how long it's going to take for everyone to figure it out. Mark Richt is a great recruiter and the coach you want your kid play for, but he will never be a championship coach. He doesn't have the ability. Great guy, mediocre motivator and game winner.

I wish it wasn't true, but time as proven it to be.

There have been 2 seasons, 2002 and 2007 where we did as much as many championship teams but things just didn't quite line up for us to get the shot. In today's format we may well have at least 1 title.
Also Richt has made EVERY change many of us thought was needed. I like everything we're doing and by 2017 we'll have maybe our best front 7 in program history. We need a great replacement for Chubb, Emmon looks the part, but he seems Tenn bound as of now.

There have been 2 seasons, 2002 and 2007 where we did as much as many championship teams but things just didn't quite line up for us to get the shot. In today's format we may well have at least 1 title.
Also Richt has made EVERY change many of us thought was needed. I like everything we're doing and by 2017 we'll have maybe our best front 7 in program history. We need a great replacement for Chubb, Emmon looks the part, but he seems Tenn bound as of now.

Same thing was said when Stafford was coming. It's always something with Richt. You can't throw away two games a year against teams you should beat and expect to win any thing of significance.

I'm over it. I'm not buying the hype. So much wasted talent...he doesn't know how to put the pieces together to win big.

The last 5 Heisman winning QB's redshirted:

Cam Newton
Robert Griffin III
Johnny Manziel
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota

All of them redshirted. It is not uncommon to redshirt top flight QB talent. The only reason Stafford started is because there were no other good options. Joe T was abysmal and Cox was not good enough as a redshirt freshman. Stafford stunk that year. Played great against Auburn and decent against Georgia Tech and was terrible in the bowl game (yet somehow won Offensive MOP. God that game was ugly). If Eason starts as a true freshman it means this year was a trainwreck and we win no more than 7 games. True Freshman QB's are bad in Richt's system.

ADVERTISEMENT