ADVERTISEMENT

Just watched GA Lt. Gov say for HW to win he'll need to distance himself from Trump and beg Kemp and DeSantis for help...I agree but let's see if it h

Then you just watched how the est Pubs are killing their party. Kemp and DeSantis (if he has desire to be the 24 nominee) and the LT Gov should be beating a path to HW's campaign headquarters, not demanding that HW toe their line. Instead of Pubs going on the record slamming MAGA, they should start working on co-opting MAGA and a candidate that would need to be handled in DC would be a perfect place to start.

Then you just watched how the est Pubs are killing their party. Kemp and DeSantis (if he has desire to be the 24 nominee) and the LT Gov should be beating a path to HW's campaign headquarters, not demanding that HW toe their line. Instead of Pubs going on the record slamming MAGA, they should start working on co-opting MAGA and a candidate that would need to be handled in DC would be a perfect place to start.
I have been a strong proponent of President Trump, but I think he needs to work for conservatives but not run. He has too much baggage behind him. It’s his mouth, and he has already started by denigrating Governor Desantis. Does he not know that Desantis is the strongest conservative in the U.S. right now. I appreciate what Trump did for this country, his policies were spot on, but his mouth killed his potential as an effective President. I have completely lost respect for him after his derogatory statement. We need to unite instead of tearing each other down.

Kemp is essentially running HW’s campaign from this point forward, sounds like.

I have been a strong proponent of President Trump, but I think he needs to work for conservatives but not run. He has too much baggage behind him. It’s his mouth, and he has already started by denigrating Governor Desantis. Does he not know that Desantis is the strongest conservative in the U.S. right now. I appreciate what Trump did for this country, his policies were spot on, but his mouth killed his potential as an effective President. I have completely lost respect for him after his derogatory statement. We need to unite instead of tearing each other down.
I have never liked the Donald and his inability to choose his battles is what made him vulnerable but make no mistake, millions of people like me that aren't true conservatives but have been voting Pub because we were being pragmatic are done with conservative campaigners that immediately begin governing like Dems. The biggest gift Trump gave to the Pubs was proof his policy objectives were winners on the trail, winning policy and just flat out good government.

I certainly understand why patrician pubs hate Trump but if they don't get on board with MAGA policy, they are toast. As of today I'm shopping for a health insurance policy that is going to cost me about 2K per month with a deductible around 6K and a max out of pocket around 15K per yr. The pubs PROMISED to repeal and replace and when they had their chance, they went thumbs down. McConnell just went to try to save a seat for one of the liars over a MAGA policy supporter.

I agree and if he does this I will say I was wrong and he was not always about him. If he stays in the race and pulls the party apart, my biggest fear will be proven. It was always only about him

It just literally occurred to me the other day. DeSantis went all over campaigning for the GOP, but I don’t think he came to Georgia.

Ted Cruz was here yesterday and he’s coming back. I know DeSantis is dealing with a hurricane but should have made a statement in support of Walker. If he doesn’t say or show up oh boy.

Rhinos and MAGA folks should be flocking to the state, but the rhinos, old guard, the establishment (whatever you want to call them) could care less if Walker wins. If walker try’s to distance himself from trump (won’t happen) they still could care less.

It just literally occurred to me the other day. DeSantis went all over campaigning for the GOP, but I don’t think he came to Georgia.

Ted Cruz was here yesterday and he’s coming back. I know DeSantis is dealing with a hurricane but should have made a statement in support of Walker. If he doesn’t say or show up oh boy.

Rhinos and MAGA folks should be flocking to the state, but the rhinos, old guard, the establishment (whatever you want to call them) could care less if Walker wins. If walker try’s to distance himself from trump (won’t happen) they still could care less.
I mean that isn't accurate at all. McConnell's PAC gave more of their total $230M to Herschel than any other candidate. MM is single-handedly arranging for Kemp, and his entire team, to organize HW's ground game. If Kemp's rout of Abrams says anything its that you don't need to specifically cater at all to "MAGA" votes to win an election in Georgia.

Reactions: LRA Dawg
I mean that isn't accurate at all. McConnell's PAC gave more of their total $230M to Herschel than any other candidate. MM is single-handedly arranging for Kemp, and his entire team, to organize HW's ground game. If Kemp's rout of Abrams says anything its that you don't need to specifically cater at all to "MAGA" votes to win an election in Georgia.
Kemp pretty much governs like a MAGA candidate. The only knock on him was agreeing to voting protocols that weren't approved by the legislature.

I don't think most MAGA voters have a deep affection for the Donald. They just liked a leader that was strong enough to tell our allies that depending on Putin for energy was a bad move and we no longer wanted to be stiffed on NATO contributions. The list of MAGA policies the Pub party should co-opt and marginalize Trump is fairly simple.

Reactions: sanforddawg11
Good luck with that! The only reason Herschel is running is to be a yes man for Trump and grovel at his feet. The election is also only 3 weeks away. early voting starts in 2. You can't make a change that fast. One of the weeks in between is Thanksgiving break as well.

Reactions: shonuff253
like if Trump runs in 2024 and loses with Walker in the senate I'd give it a 0% chance that Walker certifies the election. Not to mention the guy probably doesn't even know how many branches there are in the federal government.

like if Trump runs in 2024 and loses with Walker in the senate I'd give it a 0% chance that Walker certifies the election. Not to mention the guy probably doesn't even know how many branches there are in the federal government.
There is nothing to be a yes man for, DT doesn’t have a path forward in politics, as much as he will be propped up by those in the D party in hopes of winning an election. Hence HW appears to be leaning on and siding with the new leaders of the party of which DT very much dislikes. My guess is he’s in McConnell’s pocket now and would follow his direction. And that is a-ok with me

Reactions: insurancedawg
I don’t see them slamming MAGA. They are criticizing Trump. He pushed bad candidates and he criticizes anyone who points out this simple fact. I love his policies, but I’m growing weary of his mouth too. It’s why I’m for RDS.

I don’t see them slamming MAGA. They are criticizing Trump. He pushed bad candidates and he criticizes anyone who points out this simple fact. I love his policies, but I’m growing weary of his mouth too. It’s why I’m for RDS.
If any pub went on air and criticized "weak" candidates instead of fully supporting them, they don't have a leg to stand on when they then criticize Trump candidates for losing elections. It's like Liz Cheney literally endorsing dems and then blaming Trump.

Trump didn't install candidates, his supporters aren't lemmings and all of Trump's candidates beat the uniparty candidates to get on a ticket. Pubs like McConnell and Chaney would rather run their fiefdoms, even a minority fiefdom, than address the issues Trump supports that are better for their constituents but not for their war chest.

There is nothing to be a yes man for, DT doesn’t have a path forward in politics, as much as he will be propped up by those in the D party in hopes of winning an election. Hence HW appears to be leaning on and siding with the new leaders of the party of which DT very much dislikes. My guess is he’s in McConnell’s pocket now and would follow his direction. And that is a-ok with me

McConnell, Trump, Chaney et al be damned. Who do you trust to push for domestic oil and coal production until a viable alternative is on line? Who do you trust to vote to curb government over-reach? Whose vote to you want approving SCOTUS justices? Who do you want voting for majority leader? And on and on. The rain man would be better in the senate if he voted for Trump policy objectives over Neil deGrasse Tyson if NdGT intended to vote to defund the police and integrate China more into our economy.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
My wife's cousin is a state senator and is VERY close to Kemp. Kemp offered HW campaign help and HW said no. Trump carries grudges too far.
I have said this before. Trump's policies were good for the country and was brilliant for Israel until he introduced The Abraham Accords. God will not allow a two State solution.

There should have been a red Sunami, not just a red wave.
One person was the reason there was not.....DJT.
Two years later, every word out of his mouth is about the election being stolen. That IS his platform.
He would only back candidates that would publicly say the same.
That may be ok in some primaries, but in the general, it is toxic.
Jan 6 changed how most see the MAGA movement.
Unless you are a hard core Trumper, it is perceived as anti-democracy, and frankly anti-American.
I have some friends now that are just coming out of the Trump fog after the midterms. They are wondering why DT is speaking negative about RD. I just listen, but thinking......you just wait!
Whether you like him or not, the facts are he is toxic.
He lost the House, Senate, Presidency, and now WAY under performed in the mid-terms by pushing nut jobs for candidates.
As a lifelong REP (now Independent), I long for the day when the Rep party kick him and his other election deniers in congress, butts to the curb,
I hope Desantis will run and be his own man and not wallow at the feet of Trump.
From what I have seen, he may be the type of Rep that could win folks like me, (and there are millions), back over to the party I once was proud to say I belonged to.

My Sat morning word salad.

Go Dawgs!

If any pub went on air and criticized "weak" candidates instead of fully supporting them, they don't have a leg to stand on when they then criticize Trump candidates for losing elections. It's like Liz Cheney literally endorsing dems and then blaming Trump.

Trump didn't install candidates, his supporters aren't lemmings and all of Trump's candidates beat the uniparty candidates to get on a ticket. Pubs like McConnell and Chaney would rather run their fiefdoms, even a minority fiefdom, than address the issues Trump supports that are better for their constituents but not for their war chest.
Well, the way our system works, you gotta win primaries. Generally, only the hard cores show up for primaries. Trump pushed bad candidates who were loyal to him. I could be wrong, but from my perch every single one of the critical races have been losses for The Donald. Then he attacks RDS because that’s what he did in 2016 to eliminate the competition. Won’t work this time. RDS and Youngkin are much smarter than the last crew.

Last edited:
Reactions: shonuff253
There should have been a red Sunami, not just a red wave.
One person was the reason there was not.....DJT.
Two years later, every word out of his mouth is about the election being stolen. That IS his platform.
He would only back candidates that would publicly say the same.
That may be ok in some primaries, but in the general, it is toxic.
Jan 6 changed how most see the MAGA movement.
Unless you are a hard core Trumper, it is perceived as anti-democracy, and frankly anti-American.
I have some friends now that are just coming out of the Trump fog after the midterms. They are wondering why DT is speaking negative about RD. I just listen, but thinking......you just wait!
Whether you like him or not, the facts are he is toxic.
He lost the House, Senate, Presidency, and now WAY under performed in the mid-terms by pushing nut jobs for candidates.
As a lifelong REP (now Independent), I long for the day when the Rep party kick him and his other election deniers in congress, butts to the curb,
I hope Desantis will run and be his own man and not wallow at the feet of Trump.
From what I have seen, he may be the type of Rep that could win folks like me, (and there are millions), back over to the party I once was proud to say I belonged to.

My Sat morning word salad.

Go Dawgs!
Republicans and Dems have lost favor with God. I can not side with either.

Well, the way our system works, you gotta win primaries. Generally, only the hard cores show up for primaries. Trump pushed bad candidates who were loyal to him. I could be wrong, but from my perch every single one of the critical races has been losses for The Donald. Then he attacks RDS because that’s what he did in 2016 to eliminate the comp. Won’t work this time.
He hasn't just attacked DeSantis but also Youngkin here in Va. He's taking shots at people who he sees as 2024 Republican rivals. Trump is and has always been for himself and no one else. Warped the Republican brand into this MAGA BS so those on the right think he's the only one with ideas but it's not the case. None of his ideas are original

Well, the way our system works, you gotta win primaries. Generally, only the hard cores show up for primaries. Trump pushed bad candidates who were loyal to him. I could be wrong, but from my perch every single one of the critical races have been losses for The Donald. Then he attacks RDS because that’;s what he did in 2016 toi eliminate the comp. Won’t work this time.
It's not about Trump. Sure, Trump endorsed Pols and a majority of primary voting Pubs , ala the base, selected MAGA candidates. For yrs, the Pub est pushed week-kneed candidates that wouldn't fight for the policies they endorsed as candidates and the people that would become the Tea Party and then MAGA would line up and support the Pubs that continued allowing our strength as a nation to be bought away.

So, what happens when a candidate actually tries to follow thru on energy independence, checking China, asks our allies to honor agreements that are sweet heart deals with them to begin with... You literally had est Pubs publicly endorsing the shit show we have today and then criticizing their candidates in the midterms. Could you imagine the reaction if a guy like Jim Jordan had endorsed Obama over McCain and criticized McCain supporters, then tried to blame McCain and his supporters for loses. All I'm saying is if you are a loyal Pub and you failed to support every Pub candidate, the loses are on you as much as anyone else.

It's not about Trump. Sure, Trump endorsed Pols and a majority of primary voting Pubs , ala the base, selected MAGA candidates. For yrs, the Pub est pushed week-kneed candidates that wouldn't fight for the policies they endorsed as candidates and the people that would become the Tea Party and then MAGA would line up and support the Pubs that continued allowing our strength as a nation to be bought away.

So, what happens when a candidate actually tries to follow thru on energy independence, checking China, asks our allies to honor agreements that are sweet heart deals with them to begin with... You literally had est Pubs publicly endorsing the shit show we have today and then criticizing their candidates in the midterms. Could you imagine the reaction if a guy like Jim Jordan had endorsed Obama over McCain and criticized McCain supporters, then tried to blame McCain and his supporters for loses. All I'm saying is if you are a loyal Pub and you failed to support every Pub candidate, the loses are on you as much as anyone else.
Of course, but Trump draws way too many Dems who hate him and consequently they show up to vote. Anyone who is engaged in persuasive organizing will tell you it’s far easier to gather opposition than support. For example, it’s easier to whip up community opposition to a proposed zoning than it is to gather support. If we ran a Kemp-like candidate who was not really connected to Trump, we wouldn’t be talking about this today. Even @shonuff253 would agree.

Of course, but Trump draws way too many Dems who hate him and consequently they show up to vote. Anyone who is engaged in persuasive organizing will tell you it’s far easier to gather opposition than support. For example, it’s easier to whip up community opposition to a proposed zoning than it is to gather support. If we ran a Kemp-like candidate who was not really connected to Trump, we wouldn’t be talking about this today. Even @shonuff253 would agree.

Which is sort of my point. Every influential Pub should have understood that Trump's support was NEVER about Trump the man. It was the fact that when they were tip toeing around immigration reform and failing to act when they had majorities, Trump didn't just touch the 3rd rail, he danced on it and promised to control the border. When everybody and their brother KNEW we were becoming way to dependent on China, Trump was the only one to ever do anything meaningful to curb their influence and ability to corner the market on necessary products. Iows Trump policies were spot on and the establishment that hated him weren't able to separate the policies from the man so they got involved in a juvenile attack that alienated everything MAGA.

There are hundreds of reasons to encourage Trump's departure from the scene but this can be accomplished without condemning his base. If you are a pub pol, you need to understand why half or better of your base have no respect for you and trust you no farther than you can be thrown. That's the issue the Pub leadership should be worried about and how to recover that base. Not giving cover to anyone in DC that consider moms at a PTA meeting or anyone other than those engaged in violence on 1/6 as threats to democracy, esp when the fed gov is engaged in censorship.

Which is sort of my point. Every influential Pub should have understood that Trump's support was NEVER about Trump the man. It was the fact that when they were tip toeing around immigration reform and failing to act when they had majorities, Trump didn't just touch the 3rd rail, he danced on it and promised to control the border. When everybody and their brother KNEW we were becoming way to dependent on China, Trump was the only one to ever do anything meaningful to curb their influence and ability to corner the market on necessary products. Iows Trump policies were spot on and the establishment that hated him weren't able to separate the policies from the man so they got involved in a juvenile attack that alienated everything MAGA.

There are hundreds of reasons to encourage Trump's departure from the scene but this can be accomplished without condemning his base. If you are a pub pol, you need to understand why half or better of your base have no respect for you and trust you no farther than you can be thrown. That's the issue the Pub leadership should be worried about and how to recover that base. Not giving cover to anyone in DC that consider moms at a PTA meeting or anyone other than those engaged in violence on 1/6 as threats to democracy, esp when the fed gov is engaged in censorship.
I think Trump thinks it’s about him.

I think Trump thinks it’s about him.
And Obama and Biden and Harris and McConnell and Pelosi... When we start disqualifying narcissist from political office, we will have limited government because there won't be about 10 people left in DC. If you are a Pub and you're still focused on Trump's personality, you're playing the game the folks that are invested in the gravy train and telling you how to live want you to play. Don't focus on the peripheral BS. Focus on what the folks spending YOUR money are doing with it and what they are buying/receiving.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT