ADVERTISEMENT

Never fear on the IPF, the brain trust is on the job...

DawgHammarskjold

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Magic Mc McGarity and Deputy AD Carla "The Hammer of Adams" Williams visited the firm of Michael Collins (AIA, LEED AP- Principal) Cooper Carusi Architects recently to review planning for the new $30 million Indoor Practice Facility.

Two Lane Black Top McGarity said they’re not even sure yet what the building might look like. (Honest)

Mikey "Big Stick" Collins 'gladulated' from the Univ of 10RC in 1983.

Oh YEAH! :(

Compiled from various sources including the innerwebs of Owl Goar, The AJC, and The Cloud.

Reactions: Polk Salad
Magic Mc McGarity and Deputy AD Carla "The Hammer of Adams" Williams visited the firm of Michael Collins (AIA, LEED AP- Principal) Cooper Carusi Architects recently to review planning for the new $30 million Indoor Practice Facility.

Two Lane Black Top McGarity said they’re not even sure yet what the building might look like. (Honest)

Mikey "Big Stick" Collins 'gladulated' from the Univ of 10RC in 1983.

Oh YEAH! :(

Compiled from various sources including the innerwebs of Owl Goar, The AJC, and The Cloud.
I hope Pres. Moorehead is keeping his eyes open at all times with those two leading the charge.

Lord help and protect us...
I have it first hand McGarity and others have been all over the country looking at IPFs to get ideas for ours.

I hope they're looking at Virginia Tech's which is scheduled to open in July. If anybody has the skill to link to a youtube video of their IPF please post it here. It has much to like.

I have it first hand McGarity and others have been all over the country looking at IPFs to get ideas for ours.

I hope they're looking at Virginia Tech's which is scheduled to open in July. If anybody has the skill to link to a youtube video of their IPF please post it here. It has much to like.

I know ours is to better than anybody's. Not sure why it's a surprise we don't know the final look of it. Afterall, we had a look of what it would be on So Milledge (when Adams/Damon were here), then that was scrubbed this year because of the land and too much rock/expense to fix, then Hoke Annex and BOR won't sell to athletic dept, one design doesn't necessarily work with another plot of land. Now there's got to be more studies of land, major utilities being moved and added, water, sewage, etc. which involves the city, more misc infrastructure, etc. In Athens and campus, with the lay of the land, UGA being land locked, etc. it's not a matter of throwing up a building that looks like an airplane hangar. Which is exactly what UF is doing. We're taking time to make it the best. Besides, AA board won't have final approval till Sept anyway from what I understand.

Thanks, I'll buy you a beer some day. Are you as impressed as I am with what they've done ?
absolutely!! Have you ever seen Oregon's 68 million dollar monstrosity? To tell the truth, what we have now reminds me of Oregon's, just on a smaller scale.

ADVERTISEMENT