ADVERTISEMENT

Not bragging

Radi Nabulsi

Publisher
Staff
Nov 17, 2003
but I am just so proud I have to tell you folks.

My wife just turned in her 500 page doctoral dissertation to Georgia. On June 22 she will defend it. If that is successful as we expect it to be, she will pick up her 2nd degree from UGA, a PHD in Linguistics/Religion.

This marks the end of a 6 year journey for her. Rachel is a smart women who understands when I have to miss our anniversary (last Saturday) or her birthday (I went to the Masters). She deserves way more support than I have given her and will make the University of Georgia proud with her future accomplishments in the field.

That's great man. My wife hopes to have hers in time to graduate in December. Middle school education. Been a 5.5 year journey so far so I can relate! Congrats to her...and you!

Reactions: Radi Nabulsi

My wife just turned in her 500 page doctoral dissertation to Georgia. On June 22 she will defend it. If that is successful as we expect it to be, she will pick up her 2nd degree from UGA, a PHD in Linguistics/Religion.

This marks the end of a 6 year journey for her. Rachel is a smart women who understands when I have to miss our anniversary (last Saturday) or her birthday (I went to the Masters). She deserves way more support than I have given her and will make the University of Georgia proud with her future accomplishments in the field.

Radi....Could you explain in layman's terms the connection between linguistics and religion?
I could guess a couple of things but would rather get it straight.

Congratulations to her for her hard work, can't imagine doing that. Congratulations to you for somehow getting her to take responsibility for you and somehow get her to keep that commitment.

Reactions: Radi Nabulsi
Radi....Could you explain in layman's terms the connection between linguistics and religion?
I could guess a couple of things but would rather get it straight.
It was a combined situation as there is no PHD program in religion at UGA. But she spent all her time looking at the development of language/words in religion, primarily the Old Testament.

Congratulations! That is an achievement to be proud of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT