ADVERTISEMENT

Places to stay in San Fran?

AshburnDawg1

Doc
Gold Member
May 30, 2003
Ashburn, GA
The wife and I are going to San Francisco in mid August, but I haven't made hotel reservations yet. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

ad1

The wife and I are going to San Francisco in mid August, but I haven't made hotel reservations yet. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

ad1
If you want to be closer to Chinatown, Union Square, etc... the Omni, The Inn at Union Square, or the Warwick. If you want to be closer to Fisherman's Wharf, Columbus Motor Inn, OR to save a bit of $$, the Holiday Inn Express at Bay Street & North Point. The places I listed are all very good ('cept maybe Holiday Inn) accommodations and easily accessible by public transportation.

I should warn you though, that parking could be very expensive if you rent a car, especially near Fisherman's Wharf.

If you want to be closer to Chinatown, Union Square, etc... the Omni, The Inn at Union Square, or the Warwick. If you want to be closer to Fisherman's Wharf, Columbus Motor Inn, OR to save a bit of $$, the Holiday Inn Express at Bay Street & North Point. The places I listed are all very good ('cept maybe Holiday Inn) accommodations and easily accessible by public transportation.

I should warn you though, that parking could be very expensive if you rent a car, especially near Fisherman's Wharf.

I used to travel there a lot and woudl usually stay at the Sheraton at the Wharf. Would take a taxi or Super Shuttle to the hotel and then rent a car at the hotel for day trips to Napa or Sausalito

Parking is insane in the city. A rental car isn't needed unless you are taking trips up to Napa or headed to Highway 1 to drive up or down the coast. All of the hotels mentioned are fine, though Union Square area is probably more centrally located. Both Union Square and Fisherman's wharf are ground zero for Tourists. It all really depends on what you are looking for as far as accomodations and location.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT