ADVERTISEMENT

Regina Pizza, Boston . . .

SLC_Dawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2015
So I was anxious to eat at Regina’s. i Made the walk north with my wife and brother from the Seaport District, along the harbor from, stopping at Trilliums for a couple beers. Through the winding streets of the North End, the endless brick fronts and occasional copper fronted buildings. There it was, it looked like it did 50 years ago. We ordered a pepperoni, onion and mushroom pizza, and sat back. I saw the table that I sat at 54 years ago and celebrated winning the Somerville Rec basketball league with the team and my coach. That was a big deal then. Practicly the entire State Championship team of 1971 would come from that league. We had three starters playing for us, but not me since I went to BC High. We had won in the last minute like the Celtics because, out of timeouts, our coach lobbed a pocket full of change on to the floor, put me back in, and I stole the ball twice in a row. Now some might say that wasn’t sporting, the coach of the other team had to be held back, but I look at it differently. And our pizza showed up. It was good and I ordered another Peroni.

I’m so jealous. Only a few short weeks until I’m back on The Cape!

By chance, have you ever been to Dom’s in Malden? I’ve heard great things about it (especially the steak tips) but haven’t had the chance to go myself yet.

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
I’m so jealous. Only a few short weeks until I’m back on The Cape!

By chance, have you ever been to Dom’s in Malden? I’ve heard great things about it (especially the steak tips) but haven’t had the chance to go myself yet.
No, I haven’t. You know how it goes in Mass, so many great places to eat. If you’ve never heard of it, somebody will tell you, jeez its only been around since 1939. If you get downtown, South Boston really, go to Trilliums. It’s hard to find, around the corner from what I think is the old Fisherman’s Chapel. It’s very good.

Try the Sail Loft or the Daily Catch for seafood. We didn’t get to stop, but my brother said they’re very good, and they were both packed. The Sail Loft was my favorite Boston bar, then called The Wharf, back in the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: MassachusettsDawg
No, I haven’t. You know how it goes in Mass, so many great places to eat. If you’ve never heard of it, somebody will tell you, jeez its only been around since 1939. If you get downtown, South Boston really, go to Trilliums. It’s hard to find, around the corner from what I think is the old Fisherman’s Chapel. It’s very good.

Try the Sail Loft or the Daily Catch for seafood. We didn’t get to stop, but my brother said they’re very good, and they were both packed. The Sail Loft was my favorite Boston bar, then called The Wharf, back in the day.

Appreciate the tips. I need to find some good seafood spots in the city, most of my usual stops are on the Cape or north of Boston (Woodman's in Essex being the best one).

Appreciate the tips. I need to find some good seafood spots in the city, most of my usual stops are on the Cape or north of Boston (Woodman's in Essex being the best one).
I love the fried clams at Woodmans.

And the portions are outstanding. I still remember the first time I saw one of those plates lol.

That was a great day, went up to Gloucester with my dad and aunt and got to see Bill Belichick's boat.
My aunt and uncle had a place up in Essex, on the marshes. Most mosquitoes ever.

Reactions: MassachusettsDawg
My aunt and uncle had a place up in Essex, on the marshes. Most mosquitoes ever.
What about midges? Y'all got midges? Not sure if that's what they're called (tiny black flies). Those things are worse IMHO because you feel the bites. They basically bite out a tiny chunk of skin, then slurp up the blood that pools in the wound.

What about midges? Y'all got midges? Not sure if that's what they're called (tiny black flies). Those things are worse IMHO because you feel the bites. They basically bite out a tiny chunk of skin, then slurp up the blood that pools in the wound.
Yes, the whole coast is full of them.

So I was anxious to eat at Regina’s. i Made the walk north with my wife and brother from the Seaport District, along the harbor from, stopping at Trilliums for a couple beers. Through the winding streets of the North End, the endless brick fronts and occasional copper fronted buildings. There it was, it looked like it did 50 years ago. We ordered a pepperoni, onion and mushroom pizza, and sat back. I saw the table that I sat at 54 years ago and celebrated winning the Somerville Rec basketball league with the team and my coach. That was a big deal then. Practicly the entire State Championship team of 1971 would come from that league. We had three starters playing for us, but not me since I went to BC High. We had won in the last minute like the Celtics because, out of timeouts, our coach lobbed a pocket full of change on to the floor, put me back in, and I stole the ball twice in a row. Now some might say that wasn’t sporting, the coach of the other team had to be held back, but I look at it differently. And our pizza showed up. It was good and I ordered another Peroni.

I always figfured you for subterfuge.
it takes time for we to figure one another out, eh!?

I consider you a friend.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT