ADVERTISEMENT

Should the term African-American be outlawed?

wayx

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
After all it should bring up some very embarrassing memories for black Americans.

Because EVERY slave brought to America was sold into slavery by some other African.

Most of them were the unwanted members of a tribe or either prisoners of war captured
by other black Africans and sold for profit.

Most slaves were sold to Muslim slave traders from the middle East but many were also sold
to Yankee slave traders from Massachusetts.

Now I agree that in cases where the placement of a flag might be viewed as an In-Your-Face insult,
perhaps it should be placed somewhere else, but I do not agree that mountains have to be defaced,
or that the Jefferson Memorial has to be torn down.

So I question how one people's history can continue to be trashed while blacks want the right to honor
their African-American heritage despite the fact that it was black Africans who sold their ancestors into
slavery to begin with.

Reactions: jenkinscreekdawg
You can't use logic in these situations. It's political, which typically never makes sense.

After all it should bring up some very embarrassing memories for black Americans.

Because EVERY slave brought to America was sold into slavery by some other African.

Most of them were the unwanted members of a tribe or either prisoners of war captured
by other black Africans and sold for profit.

Most slaves were sold to Muslim slave traders from the middle East but many were also sold
to Yankee slave traders from Massachusetts.

Now I agree that in cases where the placement of a flag might be viewed as an In-Your-Face insult,
perhaps it should be placed somewhere else, but I do not agree that mountains have to be defaced,
or that the Jefferson Memorial has to be torn down.

So I question how one people's history can continue to be trashed while blacks want the right to honor
their African-American heritage despite the fact that it was black Africans who sold their ancestors into
slavery to begin with.

waycross, I don't care what they call themselves , what concerns me is that we ( as a country ) are letting " the tail wag the dog " and it needs to stop . it's time to get over " white guilt " and the FIRST this or the FIRST that . do we do the same for Asians or other minority groups ? NO ! we can't change history , but we can help all groups equally to assimilate and become AMERICANS .

Of great concern to me is all these illegals coming from Mexico bringing "their" flag and still honoring it over the American flag that they "claim" they want to be a part of. IMO they want to establish a Mexican beachhead in this country... not to become Americans.

You can't use logic in these situations. It's political, which typically never makes sense.

You could also say "you can't use logic in these situations. It's religious, which typically never makes sense". Agree I assume?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT