ADVERTISEMENT

Slavery aka Human Trafficking is on the upswing globally. (link)

Boost Assendahm

Always Ready, Never Prepared
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Per this article most of the hubs of human trafficking can be found in Russia, China and its bordering countries, every country in Africa, most of South America and Mexico. These areas/countries all make the ranks of heavyweights in this unseemly activity. All of Europe and the U.S. and Canada lead the planet in active pursuit of and punishment of those involved in human trafficking (the new slave trade).

http://www.theguardian.com/news/dat.../jul/28/map-countries-worst-human-trafficking

That can't be true. I was informed that it was wiped out by liberals
everywhere. And not a single conservative lifted his finger against it.
Damn. They missed a spot. Or two. And India.

That can't be true. I was informed that it was wiped out by liberals
everywhere. And not a single conservative lifted his finger against it.
Damn. They missed a spot. Or two. And India.

Also think it is interesting to note that China, not France, not England, not the U.S. is the primary source of "imperialism" (aka foreign investment and influence) on the continent of Africa and has been the chief "capitalist" influence there over the past 7-8 years. Funny how things work out......most of the time.

Also think it is interesting to note that China, not France, not England, not the U.S. is the primary source of "imperialism" (aka foreign investment and influence) on the continent of Africa and has been the chief "capitalist" influence there over the past 7-8 years. Funny how things work out......most of the time.
Funny how?

China is popularly believed to be ruled by a communist regime, right? But they are doing things in Africa that traditionally democratic countries (aka Imperialists) have done (and been skewered for doing) in Africa during previous eras. With me so far? That is ironic, which to me is kind of funny in a "told you so" sort of way.

ADVERTISEMENT