ADVERTISEMENT

SMDH.......can of worms has been opened

I guess the next thing is someone will be married to a man and a woman

That didn't take long

no it did not....Don't think it will work though. Mulitple supreme court cases related to polygamy that set precendent for it
That didn't take long

agreed.. not long. There is precendet for refusing this with supreme court case involving mormons and polygamy so I doubt this will go anywhere....will be interesting to see. The times they are a changin'

Just curious, but how does any of this actually have an effect on your daily life? Who gives a sh*t?

I am ready for the first father marrying his son to evade estate taxes.

Just curious, but how does any of this actually have an effect on your daily life? Who gives a sh*t?

Didn't you hear the Republican Senator tell us homosexuality is the biggest problem facing this nation in the 21st century ? How can we argue with that logic ?

Righty tightys will welcome any way for the wealthy to avoid paying taxes.
Why should there be an estate tax? In a lot of cases, that means that a dollar EARNED (I know that's a foreign concept to you) is taxed 3 times. How about this? Everybody pays a given percentage of their income, period. Hell, I'd be willing to go up to 20%. But that's it. Instead, we have a regressive tax, enforced by a highly corrupt, and overly powerful government agency, supported by clowns like YOU

Didn't you hear the Republican Senator tell us homosexuality is the biggest problem facing this nation in the 21st century ? How can we argue with that logic ?
Which Senator, and what was his comment? Please provide link. Why do I think you either won't reply, or you'll provide a link that shows one saying something completely different than what you just said? Nobody cares who you're boinking, we really don't. As I've said about a zillion times, just don't cost me money.

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
Care to give an example?

Churches out of business, religious charities ruined, estate laws turned upside down, lose your job, lose your opportunitis for gov contracts, I mean the list is long. Ppl are too stupid and too shallow to understand that the Constitution as we know it....or have known it is now gone. State gov's and congress is now thrown to the trash heap of history.

Churches out of business, religious charities ruined, estate laws turned upside down, lose your job, lose your opportunitis for gov contracts, I mean the list is long. Ppl are too stupid and too shallow to understand that the Constitution as we know it....or have known it is now gone. State gov's and congress is now thrown to the trash heap of history.
Churches are not going out of business unless people feel they no longer have need for religion. Estate laws would have to change, but that wouldn't have anything to do with current estate plans, only those for polygamous marriages. As for the others, those don't make sense at all. Basically, there really wouldn't be an impact to you in your daily life.

funny how you use the terms "Church" and "Business" in the same sentence. Shouldn't those terms be unrelated?

Churches are not going out of business unless people feel they no longer have need for religion. Estate laws would have to change, but that wouldn't have anything to do with current estate plans, only those for polygamous marriages. As for the others, those don't make sense at all. Basically, there really wouldn't be an impact to you in your daily life.
That's a very niave view. Tax exempt status will be under assault from the deviants. Business will have to conform inorder to get gov contracts, if you refuse to cater deviant weddings you'll be put out of business.

You're mistake is you assume this is about marriage, its not, its part of the lefts assault on the core of America. And one of the very things it depends on is the ignorance and stupidity of the American public.....which is very reliable....I mean after all they voted in the most unqualified empty suit every to hold any office.

It doesn't, but I dont want it being sold to my kids as normal in schools and on tv, like it is now. I know you will probably be offended by the use of the world normal but if 97% of people do one thing and you are part of the other 3%, by definition you are not normal.

Reactions: jenkinscreekdawg
That's a very niave view. Tax exempt status will be under assault from the deviants. Business will have to conform inorder to get gov contracts, if you refuse to cater deviant weddings you'll be put out of business.

You're mistake is you assume this is about marriage, its not, its part of the lefts assault on the core of America. And one of the very things it depends on is the ignorance and stupidity of the American public.....which is very reliable....I mean after all they voted in the most unqualified empty suit every to hold any office.
What does any of that have to do with the original post, which was about polygamy? Any impact to businesses will already have been felt due to gay marriage by the time polygamy is legalized. FWIW, a business can simply choose not to give benefits to employees' spouses. That would completely solve the problem.

I always have to laugh when people talk about the threat of churches losing tax-exempt status. Romans were feeding early Christians to lions, but somehow losing tax-exempt status will end Christianity as we know it. If churches can't figure out how to survive (consolidate, build simpler structures) or people aren't willing to dig deeper to keep them afloat (would you give up going to UGA games if it meant keeping your church solvent?), then they don't need to survive. Even if they didn't survive, religion is not about buildings. People can keep religion alive by meeting in coffee shops and people's basements if they have to.

You make me question my conservative beliefs.

Businesses will have to conform with what? Are you talking about bakeries making gay cakes? If so, what government contracts are bakeries after?

What does any of that have to do with the original post, which was about polygamy? Any impact to businesses will already have been felt due to gay marriage by the time polygamy is legalized. FWIW, a business can simply choose not to give benefits to employees' spouses. That would completely solve the problem.

I always have to laugh when people talk about the threat of churches losing tax-exempt status. Romans were feeding early Christians to lions, but somehow losing tax-exempt status will end Christianity as we know it. If churches can't figure out how to survive (consolidate, build simpler structures) or people aren't willing to dig deeper to keep them afloat (would you give up going to UGA games if it meant keeping your church solvent?), then they don't need to survive. Even if they didn't survive, religion is not about buildings. People can keep religion alive by meeting in coffee shops and people's basements if they have to.

You can laugh all you want, i guess its true that ignorance is bliss. But its already started. I mean your statement makes the point, it doesn't matter cause we can all mean in our basements....think about that? Does that not change everyday lives? Geez. Maybe you're just a low information type that just needs time to do the research...in the meantime here ya go

liberals go after churchs tax exempt status

You make me question my conservative beliefs.

Businesses will have to conform with what? Are you talking about bakeries making gay cakes? If so, what government contracts are bakeries after?

You don't think the governemnt hires bakers? Have you seen what's happened to the couple in Ore? I mean c'mon man, are you not paying attention? If I make you question your conservative beliefs.....Conservative may have a different meaning to you. For me its about freedom and INDIVIDUAL rights.

You can laugh all you want, i guess its true that ignorance is bliss. But its already started. I mean your statement makes the point, it doesn't matter cause we can all mean in our basements....think about that? Does that not change everyday lives? Geez. Maybe you're just a low information type that just needs time to do the research...in the meantime here ya go

liberals go after churchs tax exempt status
How would Christians meeting in a basement change their lives? Would it prevent them from reading the Bible? Praying? Singing hymns? What does the setting for worshiping God matter? Are stained glass windows required to worship God? Wooden pews? You clearly don't know the difference between Church and church. People's faith in God is not predicated on having a pretty building to be able to go to on Sundays.

You don't think the governemnt hires bakers? Have you seen what's happened to the couple in Ore? I mean c'mon man, are you not paying attention? If I make you question your conservative beliefs.....Conservative may have a different meaning to you. For me its about freedom and INDIVIDUAL rights.

Answer the question, what government contracts were you talking about? Baking contracts?

Answer the question, what government contracts were you talking about? Baking contracts?

How the hell do I know, do you know how HUGE the federal gov is? Do you know how many time they hire outside services. C'mon man . Good grief LOL

How would Christians meeting in a basement change their lives? Would it prevent them from reading the Bible? Praying? Singing hymns? What does the setting for worshiping God matter? Are stained glass windows required to worship God? Wooden pews? You clearly don't know the difference between Church and church. People's faith in God is not predicated on having a pretty building to be able to go to on Sundays.

You don't think that having to meet in a basement would change their lives? Why would they have to meet in a basement in the first place? Damn man I have to say, that's really quite a stupid question....you're answer lies in the question itself. If ppl have to hide in a basement...well.... Hell I guess Hitler banning Jews didn't change their lives, I mean they could do what ever in the getto's right?

How the hell do I know, do you know how HUGE the federal gov is? Do you know how many time they hire outside services. C'mon man . Good grief LOL

So when you said business will have to to conform to get government contracts, you were just making stuff up that you thought sounded good.

Dear God are you uga tom unable to fore see what that means? If Christians have to worship under the cover of secrecy we have lost our freedoms, which is the way things are going. If a Christian refuses to provide a service based on their religious beliefs they will be fined or possibly imprisoned. The couple in Oregon that refused to bake the cake was fined 135K, really the lesbians were emotionally scarred according to their testimony. BS grow a pair and go to another baker you whining wenches. It was a show of force to make someone go against their religious beliefs which is supposed to be protected under the Constitution. Can you understand that? We will now have to make a choice to go against our religious beliefs or pay the price. That is the way our society has set it up. This is just the first step of many intrusions into our lives. get used to it. I guess if you are not a christian, you feel "Oh well it does not effect me". It will at some point and you may then see what we are trying to fight for.

It can be universally agreed that 2 chicks at the same time is the pinnacle of sexual accomplishments. So what's the big deal about locking down that one night of awesome long-term? Who's it hurting - other than the feelings of those less fortunate?

It's never the two chicks in the movies unfortunately.

It can be universally agreed that 2 chicks at the same time is the pinnacle of sexual accomplishments. So what's the big deal about locking down that one night of awesome long-term? Who's it hurting - other than the feelings of those less fortunate?

Depends on the two chicks, Two Pats wouldn't be a the apex of anything.

It doesn't, but I dont want it being sold to my kids as normal in schools and on tv, like it is now. I know you will probably be offended by the use of the world normal but if 97% of people do one thing and you are part of the other 3%, by definition you are not normal.

I'm not offended. I'm a rational thinking, under 35, white male. I'm Really looking forward to when you and all of the old white men who fear change are retired and/or in a home.

The reason for all of this knee-jerk reaction from you isn't a result of what you deem "right" or "normal", it's about control. You're losing your influence and power as a WASP and that scares you.

Get used to it.

I'm not offended. I'm a rational thinking, under 35, white male. I'm Really looking forward to when you and all of the old white men who fear change are retired and/or in a home.

The reason for all of this knee-jerk reaction from you isn't a result of what you deem "right" or "normal", it's about control. You're losing your influence and power as a WASP and that scares you.

Get used to it.

So what you're saying is that you're upset that you never had 2 chicks at the same time, or that you're morally against it...I'm confused...

Get used to it.
It is not about control of others, but control of our own lives. I do not want a minority to tell me I have to accept their lifestyle, I do not inflict my heterosexual lifestyle upon gays. If you want to be gay do it, just don't expect me to accept that as normal.
Live and let live. As I saw on another post ,don't force me to accept others behavior (3% of the population) and I sure as hell don't want to subsidize it!

Reactions: Rolodawg2011
So when you said business will have to to conform to get government contracts, you were just making stuff up that you thought sounded good.

Look I'm assuming your not a dumbass...so you probably missed the point....but then I'm assuming. Yes, any business that wants to get a gov contract will have to adhere to their rules....which means they won't be able to use their religious convictions. If POSOTUS wanted to have a celebration at the white house and the bakers from Ore bid on the jobs, they wouldn't have a prayer in hell of getting the gig. If you don't see that this HUGE Federal Gov hires independent business for ALL SORTS OF JOBS......Then maybe I should stop assuming

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT