ADVERTISEMENT

so my dad passed the other week...very sad...yesterday his widow told me i could have his lake cabin

socialcircledawg

National Champion
Jun 10, 2012
in Plum Branch, SC.....

....for $30,000

same place my mom bought about 20 years ago for about that same amount, with money she got from my grandfather about 10 years before she passed

i was pretty dumbfounded by the offer of sale.

Had that happen with my grandfathers cabin on Fightin town creek. Had a beautiful stream running by and everything.
He married some lady right before he died. She got everything. Cleaned out the bank and split. Our family got nada.
Not that all that means anything but she was on husband number 4 at that point. All got cleaned out. One of the other
fellows sons called my dad to tell him that was her M.O.
I do feel sorry for you Social. It hurt me to lose grand dads personal items more(like his shotguns, books, rifles he used to
hunt with us with) to strangers than the cabin(it was his second home) and the land.

in Plum Branch, SC.....

....for $30,000

same place my mom bought about 20 years ago for about that same amount, with money she got from my grandfather about 10 years before she passed

Your "dad passed" socialcircle, or the father of "M"? You have a brother posting here too?

"Well my dad DID die, and I went to his funeral today here in Duluth. Don't believe me ? GFY"

14 ''M'', Jul 7, 2015

in Plum Branch, SC.....

....for $30,000

I'm not. Seen it happen too many times. Even my own MIL shut out her husband's kids. (us too as far as that goes, although step kid here and there was PLENTY for everybody) She sold their place to the oldest of his kids. Put beach house in Seagrove on market, never offered anybody in family to buy. I will say this though, she was married to him for 26 yrs. Sometime during that time, HE should have stepped up for his own kids, imo.
Sorry for you loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT