ADVERTISEMENT

So the crime behind Trump's supposed concealing of business records

Whosyodawgy

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2016
is a misdemeaner. 🤡😂😂🤡

"Any two or more persons who conspire to promote or prevent the election of any person to a public office by unlawful means and which conspiracy is acted upon by one or more of the parties thereto, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor," New York Law 17-152

This is a disgrace. I'm sure even some democrats agree. Unbelievable!

is a misdemeaner. 🤡😂😂🤡

"Any two or more persons who conspire to promote or prevent the election of any person to a public office by unlawful means and which conspiracy is acted upon by one or more of the parties thereto, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor," New York Law 17-152

This is a disgrace. I'm sure even some democrats agree. Unbelievable!
It's worse. Bragg can't enforce federal election law, yet that's exactly what he's trying to do. Opening statements dealt with the 2016 election. He doesn't have that authority.

Same can be said for Jack Smith. I'm not predicting it but the case could be bounced on those grounds.

Well they have a robust theory of constitutionalism there in new york that if existed in all other states and/or federal level would lead to the conviction of 535 members of Congress

It's worse. Bragg can't enforce federal election law, yet that's exactly what he's trying to do. Opening statements dealt with the 2016 election. He doesn't have that authority.

Same can be said for Jack Smith. I'm not predicting it but the case could be bounced on those grounds.
And I believe the Federal Election Commission looked at this years ago and passed, nothing there.

Reactions: ugadoc
Been doing my best to objectively monitor the proceedings. A few thoughts:

FEC dismissed their investigation of trump based on "prosecutorial discretion" because Cohen had already been sentenced; citing not the best use of agency resources. There wasn't "nothing there".

Bragg is going after alleged NY election law violations, not federal (see NY statute cited above). That's his jurisdiction, not the FEC. It's also a different charge than what the FEC was looking at (payment which was clearly a violation (FEC) vs election interference (Bragg)). Is it nuanced? Sure...but a case could be made there and it's up to prosecutors to connect the dots.

The statute has run on the misdemeanor, but argument could be made for a freeze on felony statute (Trumps time not in NY for example would "stop the count" so to speak). I believe there is case law to support that but could be wrong.

Still interested to see which way it goes from here. Trump's attorney Blanche is on thin ice with the judge (never a good thing when a judge/court starts to address your credibility). So far I'm not convinced Trump has the best representation. But I'm also waiting for Bragg and Co. to fumble the ball somewhere.

If trump is found guilty he's gonna get a slap on the wrist. I'm not convinced there is much more punishment that he would receive other than a fine.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven

FEC dismissed their investigation of trump based on "prosecutorial discretion" because Cohen had already been sentenced; citing not the best use of agency resources. There wasn't "nothing there".

Bragg is going after alleged NY election law violations, not federal (see NY statute cited above). That's his jurisdiction, not the FEC. It's also a different charge than what the FEC was looking at (payment which was clearly a violation (FEC) vs election interference (Bragg)). Is it nuanced? Sure...but a case could be made there and it's up to prosecutors to connect the dots.

The statute has run on the misdemeanor, but argument could be made for a freeze on felony statute (Trumps time not in NY for example would "stop the count" so to speak). I believe there is case law to support that but could be wrong.

Still interested to see which way it goes from here. Trump's attorney Blanche is on thin ice with the judge (never a good thing when a judge/court starts to address your credibility). So far I'm not convinced Trump has the best representation. But I'm also waiting for Bragg and Co. to fumble the ball somewhere.

If trump is found guilty he's gonna get a slap on the wrist. I'm not convinced there is much more punishment that he would receive other than a fine.
Most of this is level headed. Till you got to the judge. Don’t act like he is on the level. His credibility is complete horseshit. He ought to be disbarred. If he has trump’s lawyer on thin ice, who gives a damn. He is the most corrupt person there. And that is a mouthful.

Boston Law professor disagrees with you on what Bragg is doing.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Trump will be found guilty, higher court will overturn, jurors will all become rich. It ty up Mr. President’s time but that will be about all.

Trump and all on his team will be on thin ice since the judge is a far left liberal who contributed to Biden and whose daughter is profiting directly from her daddy’s role in this sham proceeding. Democrats destroying Democracy. Anything they accuse the right of it’s because THEY(Dims) ARE doing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT