ADVERTISEMENT

The Global warmers..err Climate changers, get embarrassed again

First....Breitbart? Seriously? Then, the 'article' mentions a peer reviewed article on the subject; why not read that instead of a blurb from this blithering idiot? Rhetorical question.

They came up with a 100 year weather forecast and the first 20 years couldn't be more wrong, yet people who doubt their conclusions are "deniers". Extending their logic, the dinosaurs would be alive and well if those naive reptiles had formed a government that they could've sent unlimited funds to.

They came up with a 100 year weather forecast and the first 20 years couldn't be more wrong, yet people who doubt their conclusions are "deniers". Extending their logic, the dinosaurs would be alive and well if those naive reptiles had formed a government that they could've sent unlimited funds to.
I realize this may violate your 'science, schmience' attitude but...dinosaurs weren't reptiles.

I realize this may violate your 'science, schmience' attitude but...dinosaurs weren't reptiles.
Lol, once again your heros are FOS, so THEY commission a review of why they were wrong . Don't believe what's actually happening, believe us, forget what you see. LOL, Moron

Hydro - why is Al Gore so interested in this subject? We'll all hang up and listen.

I tell you a person I like talked about this bs a couple of years ago . Name James Spann you tube search him. He main weather guy for about all of Alabama :

He says he doesn't believe in it and explains why .

Hydro - why is Al Gore so interested in this subject? We'll all hang up and listen.

And why is it that every solution offered by these moonbats, just happens to support the liberal agenda? Funny how that works

Probably more closely related to birds, but what does that have to do with the argument? Did you step out from behind the BP screen and catch one in the noggin?

Thanks for the correction. I forgot also that your great leader tells us regularly that the "science is settled". The antithesis of science. While libs hate to be questioned, science actually thrives on it...

To me THE biggest problem with the whole global warming/cooling/climate change debate is that it is one of the polarizing issues between the Left and the Right. It being polarizing, a complete vacuum is left in the middle wherein nothing gets done correctly because we are all left pointing fingers at either side again.

There is almost always some truth in between two polar opposites, and those truths get lost when the rhetoric is as it is.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm all for protecting the environment. We're over regulated as it is, but no regulation can lead to disaster. We've proved that in our own country at one point and the developing world (Asia, South America, & Africa) are all proving that once again. The problem I have from the arguments of the Left is their doomsday predictions continue to not come to fruition AND mostly how it's been proven several times that much of the data is doctored. The problem I have from the Right is seemingly complete denial that man can alter his own environment.

For me the truth lies somewhere in between, but sadly it won't be addressed as we're so divided, so ready to "cheer for our team", so determined to prove the other guy wrong that the middle ground gets completely ignored.

To me THE biggest problem with the whole global warming/cooling/climate change debate is that it is one of the polarizing issues between the Left and the Right. It being polarizing, a complete vacuum is left in the middle wherein nothing gets done correctly because we are all left pointing fingers at either side again.

There is almost always some truth in between two polar opposites, and those truths get lost when the rhetoric is as it is.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm all for protecting the environment. We're over regulated as it is, but no regulation can lead to disaster. We've proved that in our own country at one point and the developing world (Asia, South America, & Africa) are all proving that once again. The problem I have from the arguments of the Left is their doomsday predictions continue to not come to fruition AND mostly how it's been proven several times that much of the data is doctored. The problem I have from the Right is seemingly complete denial that man can alter his own environment.

For me the truth lies somewhere in between, but sadly it won't be addressed as we're so divided, so ready to "cheer for our team", so determined to prove the other guy wrong that the middle ground gets completely ignored.

This has nothing to do with the environment. Its 100% about politics. There is ZERO truth in what they say. They have a history of loony predictions that have NEVER come true. Its all dependent on the stupidity and ignorance of a group of ppl. Think about it, Man can change the climate. Forget that the climate has been changing to bigger extremes long before SUVs. Man can not alter his environment, unless he moves. If so, then after 100 years of this BS they should be able to tell us what the perfect temp should be?

It is nothing but the new home of the old Commies. Why are the only solutions less freedom and more Gov control? No regulation can lead to disaster? Have you noticed our economy?

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
Liberal commies are ready to throw someone else's money at almost anything. Most of the liberal elites that are pushing these focked up ideas probably can't believe that people buy this BS they're selling.

Reactions: Rolodawg2011

Let's assume you are correct and you may very well be, here are my concerns and issues:

1. The science, at best, is guessing at outcomes and the time frames for them to occur.
2. There has been much corruption among scientist (especially those involved at the UN) and they have an agenda, so how do you trust their conclusions?
3. The left seems to want unilateral punishment for the US which would place us at a severe economic disadvantage just as China, Russia and India are making a move to capture world markets. They are not going to comply with self imposed sanctions, so this is economic suicide.
4. If global warming is occurring, how much is man made and how much is natural and how much can man control (especially unilateral actions by the US).

The left also amused me with their double standards. When we have the coldest winter on record, the left tells us that the stupid rubes on the right are confusing weather with climate, but as soon as we have a major hurricane, they are quick to tell us this is the result of climate change.

This has nothing to do with the environment. Its 100% about politics. There is ZERO truth in what they say. They have a history of loony predictions that have NEVER come true. Its all dependent on the stupidity and ignorance of a group of ppl. Think about it, Man can change the climate. Forget that the climate has been changing to bigger extremes long before SUVs. Man can not alter his environment, unless he moves. If so, then after 100 years of this BS they should be able to tell us what the perfect temp should be?

It is nothing but the new home of the old Commies. Why are the only solutions less freedom and more Gov control? No regulation can lead to disaster? Have you noticed our economy?

The first bold text "This has nothing to do with the environment. Its 100% about politics" Is perzactly what I'm talking about. Instead of dealing with real problems with real solutions, environmental issues/concerns actually wind up ignored.

As to the second bold text "Man can not alter his environment" That's perzactly what I'm talking about when I talk about the Right being in complete denial.

I can alter my environment, you can too. I can fart and my environment is "altered" albeit for a short and smelly period of time and completely inconsequential. I can spray chemicals on trees and that alter my environment albeit for a short period of time and mostly inconsequential. Large chemical spills, oil spills, nuclear meltdowns, massive plastics pollution in our waters, large air pollutants all alter our environment for long periods of time and are very consequential.

Let's assume you are correct and you may very well be, here are my concerns and issues:

1. The science, at best, is guessing at outcomes and the time frames for them to occur.
2. There has been much corruption among scientist (especially those involved at the UN) and they have an agenda, so how do you trust their conclusions?
3. The left seems to want unilateral punishment for the US which would place us at a severe economic disadvantage just as China, Russia and India are making a move to capture world markets. They are not going to comply with self imposed sanctions, so this is economic suicide.
4. If global warming is occurring, how much is man made and how much is natural and how much can man control (especially unilateral actions by the US).

The left also amused me with their double standards. When we have the coldest winter on record, the left tells us that the stupid rubes on the right are confusing weather with climate, but as soon as we have a major hurricane, they are quick to tell us this is the result of climate change.

That's perzactly what I'm talking about. The real issues, the truth gets lost in between when we're fed BS.

The first bold text "This has nothing to do with the environment. Its 100% about politics" Is perzactly what I'm talking about. Instead of dealing with real problems with real solutions, environmental issues/concerns actually wind up ignored.

As to the second bold text "Man can not alter his environment" That's perzactly what I'm talking about when I talk about the Right being in complete denial.

I can alter my environment, you can too. I can fart and my environment is "altered" albeit for a short and smelly period of time and completely inconsequential. I can spray chemicals on trees and that alter my environment albeit for a short period of time and mostly inconsequential. Large chemical spills, oil spills, nuclear meltdowns, massive plastics pollution in our waters, large air pollutants all alter our environment for long periods of time and are very consequential.

Instant then gone. Doesn't alter the environment. We're not talking short term smells. Look at the large spills , The Gulf, The first Gulf war, The exxon spill in Alaska. You'd never know they took place. The earth is an amazing place, it can clean itself. We (man) are just a very small part of the world, but we're very arrogant, we think we're the end all be all. We aren't. But some need that self importance, and that's why these eco nuts can push a hoax like this on them

BOOM, and there it is. Proper science is coming up with a hypothesis, and then go about trying to disprove it. They came up with a hypothesis, then set about gathering data to support it. It went directly from that point, directly to settled science. They covered up, paid people off, and then started a campaign of character assassination of anyone who disagreed with them.

Anyone remember the 'debate' about the affects of smoking that played out between the scientific community and the impacted industry and its friendly portions of the media? Research it and see if you see any similarities to the current, I hate to call it a debate,...

So, how many of you, when your personal physician looks at your blood work and comes to a conclusion about an impending issue, how many question his intentions or capability? I'm betting few because you accept his learned opinion. Yet you are willing to discount the learned opinions of a vast majority (pick whatever percentage you're comfortable with) of scientists with, sorry, vastly more expertise in their field than your GP. Why? Because their conclusion doesn't fit your political ideology or, more precisely, that of the for-profit conspiracy theorist that blasts from your car radio. I responded to the dinosaur posts to point out, again, that a vast majority of the population is absolutely speaking from a position of, sorry it's a harsh word, ignorance when discussing science, just as you would be if you debated your GP on the implications of a rise in your triglycerides.

Instant then gone. Doesn't alter the environment. We're not talking short term smells. Look at the large spills , The Gulf, The first Gulf war, The exxon spill in Alaska. You'd never know they took place. The earth is an amazing place, it can clean itself. We (man) are just a very small part of the world, but we're very arrogant, we think we're the end all be all. We aren't. But some need that self importance, and that's why these eco nuts can push a hoax like this on them

So, you truly believe that man does not possess the capability to alter the environment (for good or bad) around him?

All I can say is "Alrighty then"

Dirty, a lot of that positioning comes from the religious objectors, those that believe it is presumptive of man to assume he can impact God's creation. Funny, not really, that a significant percentage of those doubting the science and claiming it's all a cash grab are completely willing to accept religious doctrine that has no basis in fact and is history's longest running con game.

Funny, not really, how most if not all of the people trying to sell the Global Warming con game are atheists. But if you can believe that the vast universe down to the intricate formation of 1 cell just appeared out of nowhere with no Creator, then it is easy to see how one could also believe the Global Warming con game for cash scheme.

Funny, not really, how most if not all of the people trying to sell the Global Warming con game are atheists. But if you can believe that the vast universe down to the intricate formation of 1 cell just appeared out of nowhere with no Creator, then it is easy to see how one could also believe the Global Warming con game for cash scheme.[/
Funny, not really, how most if not all of the people trying to sell the Global Warming con game are atheists. But if you can believe that the vast universe down to the intricate formation of 1 cell just appeared out of nowhere with no Creator, then it is easy to see how one could also believe the Global Warming con game for cash scheme.
Probably more agnostics than atheists but then I'm sure there are many theists as well. And, who created the creator?

Well defined, my logical and reasonable brother. We want to spew our smug arrogance around the room, whether we're talking types of breakfast cereals or brands of cars/trucks. You're right about us. We'd rather fight over our team/brand/colors/gang/tribe being right all the time and yours being wrong all the time than to discuss things openly and honestly. The more we argue and disagree, the better our "leaders" like it (both/all sides). Makes it so much easier for them to manipulate and control us. We are willing dupes with much, much more in common with each other than with ANYONE inside the Beltway.

So, you truly believe that man does not possess the capability to alter the environment (for good or bad) around him?

All I can say is "Alrighty then"

Not for long, no. As proven by every disaster ever made, the Earth recovers. Climate we're talking not polution. Remember when the "ozon" hole was going to kill us all? Turns out that was BS too. Just like this. No man can't change the climate. If he could these same moonbats would have proof we could, they don't, zip , zero, nadda. alrighty??

Probably more agnostics than atheists but then I'm sure there are many theists as well. And, who created the creator?
No one created God. He has always been and will be. A difficult thing to grasp for us as we all live in a finite period of time. Eternity is very hard for us to understand.

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
No one created God. He has always been and will be. A difficult thing to grasp for us as we all live in a finite period of time. Eternity is very hard for us to understand.
Yet so many seem to know his/her/its code of conduct. Perhaps a more logical explanation is that the need for a greater power has always been part of the human psyche. But we digress; the point is the fatalism of many who see this life as only a waiting room.

Dirty, a lot of that positioning comes from the religious objectors, those that believe it is presumptive of man to assume he can impact God's creation. Funny, not really, that a significant percentage of those doubting the science and claiming it's all a cash grab are completely willing to accept religious doctrine that has no basis in fact and is history's longest running con game.

So you're saying your FAITH is stronger than our faith? Cause you have no basis in fact what so ever. Nothing, all you have is computer models with data imput by Guys who depend on that date for their living, because they can't make a living in the private sector. The same guys who have been exposed time and time again changing date to get a desired result, the same guys that have a record and history of predictions that have never come close to being accurate, the same guys that write papers to eachother without a single absolute conclussion, just a bunch of qualifiers

Reactions: Jett Rink
Yet so many seem to know his/her/its code of conduct. Perhaps a more logical explanation is that the need for a greater power has always been part of the human psyche. But we digress; the point is the fatalism of many who see this life as only a waiting room.
Yes we do know His code of conduct. It is on full display in His Word which we call the Bible. As for this life being a "waiting room" I would agree with that but with one addition - we are commanded to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while we are here and obey His commandments. I am very thankful many people were continually patient with me for sure. 75-80 years (if we are lucky) is not a long time when compared to eternity, so I like your description of waiting room but it is by no means fatalistic.

So you're saying your FAITH is stronger than our faith? Cause you have no basis in fact what so ever. Nothing, all you have is computer models with data imput by Guys who depend on that date for their living, because they can't make a living in the private sector. The same guys who have been exposed time and time again changing date to get a desired result, the same guys that have a record and history of predictions that have never come close to being accurate, the same guys that write papers to eachother without a single absolute conclussion, just a bunch of qualifiers
Not what I'm saying by any stretch of your conspiracy theory-riddled mind. From the complex models you've been involved with, how easy was it to come up with accurate predictions on a short time frame? Or did you constantly recalibrate the models with the additional data and look at trends? Your requirement is that models of incredibly intricate systems, systems with an amazing amount of data points, be absolutely perfect from initiation....or the whole thing is a hoax. Science doesn't work that way. It is based on the premise that the basics are understandable and the interaction of understood systems will respond to changes in a consistent manner. The difficult part is identifying all the necessary inputs. In sum, perhaps you should educate yourself on the process...or just realize that you're out of your depth and confine your hoax-busting efforts to the faked Moon landing and the Elvis' 'death'.

Yes we do know His code of conduct. It is on full display in His Word which we call the Bible. As for this life being a "waiting room" I would agree with that but with one addition - we are commanded to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while we are here and obey His commandments. I am very thankful many people were continually patient with me for sure. 75-80 years (if we are lucky) is not a long time when compared to eternity, so I like your description of waiting room but it is by no means fatalistic.
Beats using your own brain...I guess.

Probably more closely related to birds, but what does that have to do with the argument? Did you step out from behind the BP screen and catch one in the noggin?
Wow, somebody saw Jurrasic Park! That's Horners theory, not everyone's. And, I explained that above; has to do with general scientific ignorance.

Not for long, no. As proven by every disaster ever made, the Earth recovers. Climate we're talking not polution. Remember when the "ozon" hole was going to kill us all? Turns out that was BS too. Just like this. No man can't change the climate. If he could these same moonbats would have proof we could, they don't, zip , zero, nadda. alrighty??
The ozone hole issue actually argues in favor of impact and intervention so, thanks. Still an issue but better thanks to the banning of chlorinated fluorocarbons.

Wow, somebody saw Jurrasic Park! That's Horners theory, not everyone's. And, I explained that above; has to do with general scientific ignorance.
As opposed to coming up with a hypothesis, sorting through the data, casting off anything that doesn't support your position, and then attacking anyone who questions you? Good Grief, Global Climate Change has so many holes in it, it looks like swiss cheese. It also doesn't help that Big Al and his buddies actually set up a commodity exchange to trade carbon credits. Nobody is saying we shouldn't be good stewards of the environment, but what the Climate Nuts are proposing would destroy this country.

As opposed to coming up with a hypothesis, sorting through the data, casting off anything that doesn't support your position, and then attacking anyone who questions you? Good Grief, Global Climate Change has so many holes in it, it looks like swiss cheese. It also doesn't help that Big Al and his buddies actually set up a commodity exchange to trade carbon credits. Nobody is saying we shouldn't be good stewards of the environment, but what the Climate Nuts are proposing would destroy this country.
Are you talking about Generation Investment Management? And what are these 'nuts' proposing that has you so weak in the bladder?

Complete List Of World Afflictions Scientifically Proven To Have Been Caused by Man Made Global Warming:

Acne, agricultural land increase, Afghan poppies destroyed, aged deaths, poppies more potent, Africa devastated, Africa in conflict, African aid threatened, African summer frost, aggressive weeds, Air France crash, air pressure changes, airport farewells virtual, airport malaria, Agulhas current, Alaskan towns slowly destroyed, al-Qaida and Taliban being helped, allergy increase, allergy season longer, alligators in the Thames, Alps melting, Amazon a desert, American Dream end, amphibians breeding earlier (or not), anaphylactic reactions to bee stings, ancient forests dramatically changed, animals head for the hills, animals shrink, Antarctic grass flourishes, Antarctic ice grows, Antarctic ice shrinks, Antarctic sea life at risk, anxiety treatment, algal blooms, archaeological sites threatened, Arctic bogs melt, Arctic in bloom, Arctic ice free, Arctic ice melt faster, Arctic lakes disappear, Arctic tundra lost, Arctic warming (not), a rose by any other name smells of nothing, asteroid strike risk, asthma, Atlantic less salty, Atlantic more salty, atmospheric circulation modified, attack of the killer jellyfish, avalanches reduced, avalanches increased, Baghdad snow, Bahrain under water, bananas grow, barbarization, bats decline, beer and bread prices to soar, beer better, beer worse, beetle infestation, bet for $10,000, big melt faster, billion-dollar research projects, billion homeless, billions face risk, billions of deaths, bird distributions change, bird loss accelerating, bird strikes, bird visitors drop, birds confused, birds decline (Wales), birds driven north, birds face longer migrations, birds return early, birds shrink (Australia), birds shrink (U.S.), bittern boom ends, blackbirds stop singing, blackbirds threatened, Black Hawk down, blizzards, blood contaminated, blue mussels return, borders redrawn, bluetongue, brain-eating amoebae, brains shrink, bridge collapse (Minneapolis), Britain one big city, Britain Siberian, Britain's bananas, British monsoon, brothels struggle, brown Ireland, bubonic plague, Buddhist temple threatened, building collapse, building season extension, bushfires, butterflies move north,butterflies reeling, carbon crimes, camel deaths,

cancer deaths in England, cannibalism, caterpillar biomass shift, cave paintings threatened, childhood insomnia, Cholera, circumcision in decline, cirrus disappearance, civil unrest, cloud increase, coast beauty spots lost, cockroach migration, cod go south, coffee threatened, coffee berry borer, coffee berry disease, cold climate creatures survive, cold spells (Australia), cold wave (India), cold weather (world), computer models, conferences, conflict, conflict with Russia, consumers foot the bill, coral bleaching, coral fish suffer, coral reefs dying, coral reefs grow,coral reefs shrink, coral reefs twilight, cost of trillions, cougar attacks, crabgrass menace, cradle of civilization threatened, creatures move uphill, crime increase, crocodile sex, crops devastated, crumbling roads, buildings and sewage systems, curriculum change, cyclones (Australia), danger to kid's health, Dartford Warbler plague, deadly virus outbreaks, death rate increase (U.S.), deaths to reach 6 million, Dengue hemorrhagic fever, depression, desert advance, desert retreat, destruction of the environment, dig sites threatened, disasters, diseases move north, dog disease, dozen deadly diseases — or not, drought, ducks and geese decline, dust bowl in the corn belt, earlier pollen season, Earth axis tilt, Earth biodiversity crisis, Earth dying, Earth even hotter, Earth light dimming, Earth lopsided, Earth melting, Earth morbid fever, Earth on fast track, Earth past point of no return, Earth slowing down, Earth spins faster, Earth to explode, Earth upside down, earthquakes, earthquakes redux, El Nino intensification, end of the world as we know it, erosion, emerging infections, encephalitis, English villages lost, equality threatened, Europe simultaneously baking and freezing, eutrophication, evolution accelerating, expansion of university climate groups, extinctions (human, civilization, koalas, logic, Inuit, smallest butterfly, cod, penguins, pikas, polar bears, possums, walrus, tigers, toads,turtles, plants, ladybirds, rhinoceros, salmon, trout, wild flowers, woodlice, a million species, half of all animal and plant species, mountain species, not polar bears, barrier reef, leaches, salamanders, tropical insects) experts muzzled, extreme changes to California, fading fall foliage, fainting, famine, farmers benefit, farmers go under, farm output boost, farming soil decline, fashion disaster, fever, figurehead sacked, fir cone bonanza, fires fanned in Nepal, fish bigger, fish catches drop, fish downsize, fish deaf, fish get lost, fish head north, fish shrinking, fish stocks at risk, fish stocks decline, five million illnesses, flesh eating disease, flies on Everest, flood patterns change, floods, floods of beaches and cities, flood of migrants, flood preparation for crisis, flora dispersed, Florida economic decline, flowers in peril, fog increase in San Francisco, fog decrease in San Francisco, food poisoning, food prices rise, food prices soar, food security threat, football team migration, forest decline, forest expansion, foundations threatened, frog with extra heads, frosts, frostbite, frost damage increased, fungi fruitful, fungi invasion, games change, Garden of Eden wilts, geese decline in Hampshire, genetic changes, genetic diversity decline, gene pools slashed, geysers imperiled, giant icebergs (Australia), giant oysters invade, giant pythons invade, giant squid migrate, gingerbread houses collapse, glacial earthquakes, glacial retreat, glacier grows (California), glaciers on Snowden, glacier wrapped, global cooling, glowing clouds, golf course to drown, golf Masters wrecked, grain output drop (China), grandstanding, grasslands wetter, gravity shift, Great Barrier Reef 95% dead, Great Lakes drop, great tits cope, greening of the North, Grey whales lose weight, Gulf Stream failure, habitat loss, haggis threatened, Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, harvest increase, harvest shrinkage, hay fever epidemic, health affected, health of children harmed, health risks (even more) heart disease, heart attacks and strokes (Australia), heat waves, hedgehogs bald, hibernation affected, hibernation ends too soon, hibernation ends too late,

ADVERTISEMENT