ADVERTISEMENT

There is a just a basic lack of humanity on Memorial Drive...

Grew up not far from there (Glenwood) before we moved to Conyers. Life is cheap there. Compassion is lacking.
Isn’t Conyers where all those high school kids were passing around syphilis at their sex parties? Happened around the early 90’s? Any stories you want to share with the class @Radi Nabulsi ?
JC

Grew up not far from there (Glenwood) before we moved to Conyers. Life is cheap there. Compassion is lacking.
Where were u? I grew up off Snapfinger and Columbia drive. Went to Columbia thru 10th grade (78). Played all my ball growing up at Belvedere.

I still drive back Glenwood and Memeorial (and the old neighborhood) every time I go to Eastlake,

Smokerise was considered the finger Bowl section as my mom would say....very affluent
It was a great place to grow up… I could get on my bike and ride all day thru Smoke Rise and The Forest… some great woods and creek behind my house that never seemed to end… really was lucky to live there looking back now.

This evening at the Walmart in Stone Mountain I had to call an ambulance for some old lady in a wheelchair, hyperventilating in the parking lot. People were just casually walking by. I literally said "are you ****ing serious?" to several of the young able-bodied teenagers that walked right past her in front of me, not even acknowledging her. It seems like I have said that a lot. In the past months I've had to push two stranded scared women out of an intersection, change a tire and rescue a bloody pit bull that had its legs snapped after getting ran over. He was dragging himself on a sidewalk by a bunch of drunks who were unfazed. The damndest incident was when I called the ambulance for kid riding a dirt bike that got hit by a car and his friends just took off and left him. The place needs those blue-helmet UN Peacekeepers. If you EVER want to bitch about your life, go to Memorial between the jail and Stone Mountain. It's a cross between a third world Mad Max and Repo Man. Or hell... go to the QT nearby on N Decatur Road... you might get rabies... from a human.
You are besmirching the actual road, Memorial Drive.

The road itself is just blacktop and gravel, same as any other in the USA.

It’s the $hithole people who hang out there who are the issue.

This evening at the Walmart in Stone Mountain I had to call an ambulance for some old lady in a wheelchair, hyperventilating in the parking lot. People were just casually walking by. I literally said "are you ****ing serious?" to several of the young able-bodied teenagers that walked right past her in front of me, not even acknowledging her. It seems like I have said that a lot. In the past months I've had to push two stranded scared women out of an intersection, change a tire and rescue a bloody pit bull that had its legs snapped after getting ran over. He was dragging himself on a sidewalk by a bunch of drunks who were unfazed. The damndest incident was when I called the ambulance for kid riding a dirt bike that got hit by a car and his friends just took off and left him. The place needs those blue-helmet UN Peacekeepers. If you EVER want to bitch about your life, go to Memorial between the jail and Stone Mountain. It's a cross between a third world Mad Max and Repo Man. Or hell... go to the QT nearby on N Decatur Road... you might get rabies... from a human.
How is the pit bull doing?

The moral fiber in our society has been in a sharp decline for several years now. Metropolitan areas are ground zero for the vast majority of this behavior. The left wants to take law & order as well as God out of the equation. Trust me, that won't work, not a chance in hell that our nation will stand long term without God in the equation! Fire away libs, but remember the Lord will judge us all one day whether you believe in him or not!

Last edited:
I grew up til the 4th grade off Rockbridge Road just down from the Winn Dixie & Wade Walker Park. Went to Pine Ridge Elementary and would have gone to Stephenson.

Isn’t Conyers where all those high school kids were passing around syphilis at their sex parties? Happened around the early 90’s? Any stories you want to share with the class @Radi Nabulsi ?
JC
Yep. The Lost Children of Rockdale County.
I graduated before all the fun sex started happening. I always miss out on the fun stuff.

Where were u? I grew up off Snapfinger and Columbia drive. Went to Columbia thru 10th grade (78). Played all my ball growing up at Belvedere.

I still drive back Glenwood and Memeorial (and the old neighborhood) every time I go to Eastlake,
I was just down the street on Hillsdale Drive. Our house backed up to Shoal Creek park. My brother went to Columbia.

I was just down the street on Hillsdale Drive. Our house backed up to Shoal Creek park. My brother went to Columbia.
know it all well. Funny thing is, we moved to Conyers too! Except, if I recall, you were north of I-20, and went to RCHS. I was way south/went to Heritage.

and also pre the STD days!!

hey man you talking about my hood
memorial drive is a hidden gem on the east side lol
spent my high school years running up and down memorial

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
We are a sad lot. I took a summer class at the DekalbCC campus over there many years ago. It was like being transported to a different planet every time I got off the 285 exit.
stop it
that place is great education and they have a huge football stadium pal

That and Covington hwy right though Lithonia and Conyers
Used to date a girl who lived in Avondale Estates back in the 50s. This was before the interstates I knew I was in good shape if I found Memorial Drive. Knew I could get on Covington Highway then. Long way back to Milledgeville about 3 o’clock in the morning had to get out of my car and slap my face a many of time to stay awake. Back then that was a long lonely drive home.

Reactions: Georgia Jim
Used to date a girl who lived in Avondale Estates back in the 50s. This was before the interstates I knew I was in good shape if I found Memorial Drive. Knew I could get on Covington Highway then. Long way back to Milledgeville about 3 o’clock in the morning had to get out of my car and slap my face a many of time to stay awake. Back then that was a long lonely drive home.
Raised in Redan/Lithonia. I remember
well before 1-20 and 285 were built. Had to take highways and backroads everywhere.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT