ADVERTISEMENT

This fella rocks.....

Don’t even know why he’s bringing God into the convo when God and religious teachings are not taught in public schools. Wasted all of those people time. Now if you can push religious values at a school board, you definitely can push diversity and inclusion. Hopefully he has a church he can preach at on Sundays.

Reactions: shonuff253
Don’t even know why he’s bringing God into the convo when God and religious teachings are not taught in public schools. Wasted all of those people time. Now if you can push religious values at a school board, you definitely can push diversity and inclusion. Hopefully he has a church he can preach at on Sundays.
There is no obligation for any student, educator, or parent to check their religion at the door of a public school.

You can't teach scripture as part of a lesson or preach as part of the official school day, maybe just mention of religion in topics of relevance in a social studies class.

Personal values may or may not be of religious influence for any individual. The idea that influence of any nature can be sifted out of people just by walking into a public education meeting is moronic.

The idea that pushing diversity and inclusion somehow doesn't include religion is also moronic given that plenty of Hindu, Jewish, and Muslim people have sought acknowledgement of their customs and observances over the years.

I think what you meant to say is "Christianity is bad, everything else is fine".

Religious values ARE diversity and inclusion.

Tell me WHERE and at WHAT point of this video, did he say we need to teach or push religious teachings? You completely distorted what he said; and just plain made-up lies and falsehoods. He said God would judge decisions made by the school board. You can believe that or not (I do)... but he DID NOT SAY teach religion. You missed completely the majority of his points (or ignored to make your false statements and show your misguided bias) about black students being behind in MATH and READING in HIS county he is a citizen of. He even gave statistics. What he said, is black students need options: school choice; math and reading success so they CAN have the opportunity to succeed. That is true equality. Giving OPPORTUNITY. Not pre-determined outcomes that let NO one reach their full potential (equity).

Last edited:
Tell me WHERE and at WHAT point of this video, did he say we need to teach or push religious teachings? You completely distorted what he said; and just plain made-up lies and falsehoods. He said God would the judge decisions made by the school board. You can believe that or not (I do)... but he DID NOT SAY teach religion. You missed completely the majority of his points (or ignored to make your false statements and show your misguided bias) about black students being behind in MATH and READING in HIS county he is a citizen of. He even gave statistics. What he said, is black students need options: school choice; math and reading success so they CAN have the opportunity to succeed. That is true equality. Giving OPPORTUNITY. Not pre-determined outcomes that let NO one reach their full potential (equity).
It was a dumb argument and he used diversity and inclusion as a scapegoat for low reading and math scores. Historically test scores have been low in poor communities which are disproportionately made up of minorities and test scores are always going to be low in economic areas.

No one said we needed to take history or other subjects out of schools all of these years while test scores have been low in those communities. Now that education is shifting to address the number of complex issues we deal with in America, it’s a problem.

But in order to learn anything you have to be able to read and comprehend. Reading and comprehension happens in every subject. So if a kid is reading materials on diversity and inclusion aren’t they working on their reading and comprehension skills? They are also working on their critical thinking skills. But the pastor just wants everyone to be blind loyalist to his beliefs.

I guarantee if electives were offered in biblical studies, he wouldn’t have got up there and said what he said because it falls in line with his beliefs. You think he’s going to get up there and say kids shouldn’t be learning about religion in schools and should only focus on reading and math?

The type of schools fifty and more years ago would work today strangely. And you have the college prep, technical schools (not everyone is going to college - nothing wrong with that). The insistence of parents and teachers unions that every kid go to college is ridiculous and unsupportable. We need mechanics, electricians and plumbers and pipe fitters too. Theres a sense of pride and accomplishment when you see an electrical room with hundreds of conduits done correctly or a pipe rack done right. You can make 6 figures in the trades, you just have to put in the hours.

Oh yeah, and reform school for those kids that need it.

Give them the tools to make a living rather than a useless degree in nothing.

Last edited:
The type of schools fifty and more years ago would work today strangely. And you have the college prep, technical schools (not everyone is going to college - nothing wrong with that). The insistence of parents and teachers unions that every kid go to college is ridiculous and unsupportable. We need mechanics, electricians and plumbers and pipe fitters too. Theres a sense of pride and accomplishment when you see an electrical room with hundreds of conduits done correctly or a pipe rack done right. You can make 6 figures in the trades, you just have to put in the hours.

We also need to keep manufacturing jobs in America instead of sending them abroad.

What do you want that’s free? And are you willing to sacrifice your standard of living to get the “free shat”?
You can start off by giving me 40 acres…..you can keep the mule if that makes you feel any better.

Apparently, you’re okay with the social worker thingy.

You can start off by giving me 40 acres…..you can keep the mule if that makes you feel any better.

Apparently, you’re okay with the social worker thingy.
People earned those 40 acres plus the mule and then some, but promises not kept.

It was a dumb argument and he used diversity and inclusion as a scapegoat for low reading and math scores. Historically test scores have been low in poor communities which are disproportionately made up of minorities and test scores are always going to be low in economic areas.

No one said we needed to take history or other subjects out of schools all of these years while test scores have been low in those communities. Now that education is shifting to address the number of complex issues we deal with in America, it’s a problem.

But in order to learn anything you have to be able to read and comprehend. Reading and comprehension happens in every subject. So if a kid is reading materials on diversity and inclusion aren’t they working on their reading and comprehension skills? They are also working on their critical thinking skills. But the pastor just wants everyone to be blind loyalist to his beliefs.

I guarantee if electives were offered in biblical studies, he wouldn’t have got up there and said what he said because it falls in line with his beliefs. You think he’s going to get up there and say kids shouldn’t be learning about religion in schools and should only focus on reading and math?
So the answer is no, you can't show me. All hot air about nothing.

Reactions: phoenixdawg
We also need to keep manufacturing jobs in America instead of sending them abroad.
i can agree with that. So along those lines, open back up our energy production! We could solve this economic thing pretty much in a few months.

I have worked in schools my entire life - 41 to be exact. All levels: elementary; MS; High School; 9 years in technical college. Our technical colleges offer so much OPPORTUNITY for students providing tools, education and training for industry and high paying jobs for ALL: young, old (2nd careers) no matter the race. It is about skills and opportunity. This diversity and equity cult training is a sham designed to do just the opposite.

Separate but equal, right @CocoDawg ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT