ADVERTISEMENT

This is absolutely terrible........

And when a reply is to a reply (goes off on a tangent), how do you know it is a reply to a reply and not to the original post?

And when a reply is to a reply (goes off on a tangent), how do you know it is a reply to a reply and not to the original post?

I just replied to you. ^^^^^ You can see what and to whom I am replying to right there.

It's a little more work, but not that big of a deal.

I switched to topic view in 2007 because the Internet was so slow in Afghanistan that I could afford to wait for the banners to load for every reply and never looked back.

Trust me when I say that I survived the future and you can too

Very Similar to Obamacare then. It's more work. But we will like it or else huh?

There are other cool bells and whistles, like tagging, notifications, and I could embed a youtube video in the post. But I am also a topic view guy, so I get where people would have to get used to it.

I have used a 3rd party site to squat the sites together. It's helped me out big time.

jarsquatter.com

What a pain in the a$$ it is to have to open every topic just to see the replies. Hell, the replies are usually the best part of the thread.

So what is your complaint again? If replies are the best part of the thread and all you care to see are replies than this is the perfect opportunity for you to scroll through and read replies.

Where the problem was before is people wouldn't change the subject line and then you would have to open the post to see "LOL" inside of it or just a smiley. Yeah, those were real winners. The old system was filled with flaws. This isn't perfect either but it is a lot more intuitive and the functionality is off the charts.

Reactions: Shuu
So what is your complaint again? If replies are the best part of the thread and all you care to see are replies than this is the perfect opportunity for you to scroll through and read replies.

Where the problem was before is people wouldn't change the subject line and then you would have to open the post to see "LOL" inside of it or just a smiley. Yeah, those were real winners. The old system was filled with flaws. This isn't perfect either but it is a lot more intuitive and the functionality is off the charts.

Does this new format post newer posts(including replies to post) at the top? To me that has been a shortfall. If there is a good topic and people are continuing to post, it would get buried in the archives very fast.

Does this new format post newer posts(including replies to post) at the top? To me that has been a shortfall. If there is a good topic and people are continuing to post, it would get buried in the archives very fast.
It does. But the cool thing is if you don't like that function, you can choose to change is at the top of the board. Just click on replies or title or start date or replies and the topics wil be lined up accordingly.

A special hell awaits those folks. Especially when they did it back when we were on dial up.

A special hell awaits those folks. Especially when they did it back when we were on dial up.

That's exactly why i switched years ago, to load a page in afghanistan was brutal, I would rather have all of the conversation at once

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT