ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Update on 3-star DL Kevin Wynn

LanceMcCurley

Letterman and National Champion
Staff
Aug 14, 2023
Athens, Ga.
I met with defensive lineman Kevin Wynn, who will take an official visit to Georgia from May 31-June 2. Wynn has a few others scheduled with South Carolina and Florida State, but Georgia gets him first. That first weekend is primarily used for the prospects Georgia's staff wants the most, but sometimes guys visit other weekends. Either way, he will be joined by Elyiss Williams, Bo Walker, Travis Smith Jr., Talyn Taylor, Zayden Walker, and others. Wynn is excited to return to Athens and still feels like a priority in this class. He talks with defensive line coach Tray Scott regularly. Wynn said Scott sees him playing the 3-tech if he ends up in Athens. Wynn visited Sanford Stadium for the first time on G-Day and was blown away by how many people attended the scrimmage. He got to spend more time with the recruits and soak in the moment. He enjoyed it. From knowing Wynn for the past few years, even before I started this job, it likely won't come down to NIL. More than anything, Wynn cares about life after football and wants to study the culinary arts. During a visit in February, Wynn toured UGA Athletics' new dining facility. He questioned the staff about the entire operation. That was a plus for Wynn, who said he could see himself eating there one day. Georgia's biggest competitors are South Carolina and Florida State. Maybe Alabama. Wynn said last week he wanted to commit before the start of his senior year. There is no exact date yet. A few months ago, I was out on Wynn at Georgia. But the communication has ramped back up. Georgia is selling Wynn on proximity and development, which he likes. He's about 40 minutes from Athens. This is one to watch over the next few months.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News