ADVERTISEMENT

Voluntears in Cola

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
I'm lost and can't find my GPS Vol: We’re in the hunt for the playoffs and this is what we do. This loss is on everyone on the coaching staff and every player on the roster. The team seemed disinterested in playing a football game today and this baffles me. Do we have locker room issues or something? I just can’t wrap my mind around this performance against a mediocre South Carolina team with so much on the line.

Multiple Personality Vol: You have a different team every week. No game is a lock. Winning is hard. And all wins should be respected.

Knows his place Vol: South Carolina was the better team on this night. Simple as that. They out coached us and flat out out played us on both lines of scrimmage. We got embarrassed by a garbage football program in a season where we had a real shot to make some serious waves. Now we are back to being laughingstocks again. Pathetic.

Jeremy "the Domino" Banks Vol: Its very odd. I expected to turn a corner tonight maybe take a lead back. But the defense looked lost. The loss of Jeremy Banks was huge. Kind of wondering the impact of that and the players that look to him as a leader..

"That's what she said" Vol: F@#ked by the cocks. What a dissapointment.

The Steve Spurrier spelling bee champ Vol
: Citrus bowl if we beat Vandy.

We had delusions of grandeur Vol: We'll be fine. If we're being honest with ourselves there's a rebuild ahead of us. Somebody started a thread several days ago that rebuilds are a thing of the past. Wrong. Even Danny White has recently said it's a few years. We'll be fine. But we ain't making a playoff game this year.

"That light at the end of the tunnel was a Gamecock locomotive" Vol:
This is probably the most overrated team in UT history. Played against a weak LSU and Alabama and we thought the dark days were over. Joke’s on us.

"Funny how a game or two can change outlooks" Vol:

Heupel is a great offensive coach. Not good, great. But he has ignored the issues on offense all year. Look at his biggest critics at UCF. It was all a hit his disconnection from the problems on defense. Remember, each year their record got worse. In his 3rd and last year, they were ranked 2nd in the nation in offense, exactly where we were entering this game.
DEFENSE wins championships. Period, end of f***** story.

Group of Five Vol: Reminds me of 2016 with the collapse. Ironically, South Carolina ended our SEC East hunt that year as well. College Football is such a ****** sport to be honest. Same teams win it all the time. I am thinking about going NFL because sick of seeing the same stupid teams like Georgia and Ohio State always win it. Probably need to have some kind of rules to give more parity such as limiting 4/5 stars each team can pick up.

"Lane Kiffin ain't made no lateral move" Vol:
We haven’t been better than ole miss in years. Until we are, they are better. It’s that simple.

Dawgvent 2009 Vol: Willie Martinez needs to be left in Columbia.

Hobnailed again Vol: Feels like 2001

"Tennessee has two top five wins over Tennessee. Hope the committee pays attention." Vol: This was painful tonight. Everything Rattler threw up they caught and a lot of the passes we threw hit our receivers in the hands but we couldn’t catch it. Everything was off. Bad day to have a bad day.

"The Emperor is naked" Vol: Yes, we have been overrated for a big portion of this season. We were never a #1 team and are not a top ten team. Where we fall in the rankings is a more accurate representation for what we are this season.

Fond memories Vol: Me and my brother had the privilege of attending that epic meltdown (2016 SC loss). Quite the experience. Locks for ATL and blow it to a pedestrian SC team. The Cock lover who kept turning and singing Rocky Top to our small group of TN fans was a nice touch. That horrible night pales in comparison to this. UT as 3 TD faves and SC covers our spread... easily. Virtually locks for the playoff and instead do something even more impressive: turn a season of emphatic "TN IS BACK" sentiment into somehow one with the added "to their usual pathetic antics" which is almost impossible to fathom. Yet, they did it. With a single game. Even with the bad memory of that night in Columbia in mind, my worst fear was not shining enough for the committee by allowing SC to hang around for too long. Leaving us out of the playoff with the best resume by far was what I envisioned for a letdown to this epic season. They still have the old Tennessee soul after all.

Josh Heupel has lost control Vol: Has all the look of a serious locker room issue to me…. Rumors of infighting…. Banks not playing… Tillman loafing

Elm Street Vol: Wake me up from this nightmare

Positive energy Vol:So you called it in the pre-season we were going to the championship 4 this year right? Of course, everyone knew that. We'll be ok if Heupel can recruit. We exceeded expectations this year. There's no need to fire anyone. Let's see what happens against Vandy and our bowl game then take next year one game at a time. We're losing some seniors so there might be a drop off. Maybe not but who knows.

We are UCF junior Vol: Such a Tennessee thing to mail it in when the win is critical to bowl positioning, with a piss poor defense and an offense than cannot come from behind, Tennessee is not CFP material this season, Heupel and staff reminded us tonight of the American Athletic Conference skill sets they possess and how ill suited that preparation is for big ticket games on the road in the SEC, we think they can do better, but 10-2, 6-2 in the conference may be Heupel's ceiling, competitiveness in all games, in all phases of the game may be beyond his staff's capability

Coach speak Vol: To add that more that, no opponent should ever be taken lightly and each one should be prepared for with them same level of focus and attention.

Lab testing Vol?: The Banks absence may or may not have been an injury. I’ll just leave it at that.

ESPN and Sandstorm in the chicken coop with a knife, CLUE Vol: All the TV timeouts gave South Carolina the opportunity to play Darude Sandstorm 100x

Pre ordered my commemorative book Vol : Hendon Hooker's stats and our win/loss record are no joke. It has been a wonderful season. Tonight was embarrassing and disappointing, but this season will not be remembered as a joke.

Walking Dead Vol: Gonna take a lot more than a loss to South Carolina to kill our football program. Maybe a humbling loss is what this team needed. Maybe it will bring about much-needed change or it might just go down as another L in the record books, but it isn't the first time we have been embarrassed on the field and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last.

"It's like that cousin you keep taking back who cheats on you with another cousin over and over and over again and then finally with your brother" Vol: For as good as they have looked, that team played so badly they took me back to Dooley sitting on a stool level Vols mind state. Bc they were that bad. The scary thing is they managed to do it with one game in a season so magical that it was almost impossible to conceive such ruination. Beating two bad teams for the committee to screw them out of the rightful spot they earned is the negative outcome I was already mentally preparing for. Or getting in and getting handled round 1. Either of those would have been fine endings to a season of massive leaps forward. To lose to this SC team at this time in such disgraceful fashion is almost hard to comprehend.

Alternate Universe Vol: I'd like to compare us to Georgia when they began to get really good under their current coaching staff. If you remember, they were good on offense, but not as good on defense. But they saw their weakness and went out and got quality players and now they are balanced where they don't depend on the offense to cover for the defense or vice versa. I think we need to follow that road and just get solid DB's .....it may take a while or just good luck in the transfer portal. Maybe get a better defense coordinator as they don't seem prepared today.

Kirby stole our mojo Vol: Ever since the Georgia game, something has been off. Hooker looks rattled, Hyatt has been missing catches, and we aren't the same offense confidence wise. As for what happened tonight with the defense, I have no clue. It was a complete failure on every level.

I don't follow recruiting Vol: The problem with Tenn defense all year ( at least at Florida, Georgia, and Bama, USC ) was we got burned by the passing game and NOTHING changed throughout the game. What do they talk about at half time ? We either have really bad players or really bad coaching to not be able to adapt to game conditions time after time.

Where were those adjustments we made when it started raining and Kirby stopped throwing the ball Vol: Not true. We have made adjustments at times. In the Georgia game for example they only had 31 passing yards in the second half and scored 3 points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News