ADVERTISEMENT

We just picked up a heck of a receiver..

HeulenHund2

Letterman and National Champion
Apr 30, 2015
Davion Curtis might just have 3 stars, but he's going to be a player for us.
Watching film it's clear he has elite speed, quickness and most impressive agility in the open field. The kid can stop, stutter and start in a short instant. He makes tacklers completely miss him at point blank, then, BAM he's gone.

There are people going work in the background now who are going to make a real difference for us. He has a lot to learn about route running, but the talent is there. To find this guy in Texas, look past his low rating, see the ability and sell him on our program is something we weren't seeing just a couple of years ago.

Watching film it's clear he has elite speed, quickness and most impressive agility in the open field. The kid can stop, stutter and start in a short instant. He makes tacklers completely miss him at point blank, then, BAM he's gone.

There are people going work in the background now who are going to make a real difference for us. He has a lot to learn about route running, but the talent is there. To find this guy in Texas, look past his low rating, see the ability and sell him on our program is something we weren't seeing just a couple of years ago.

4.58 is elite?

4.58 is elite?

Athlete Name: Davion Curtis
School Name: Temple ( TEMPLE, TX)
Class: 2016

Performances by Season

2015 Outdoor
Date Event Performance Notes Meet
2015-04-15 B-100 10.72 pre NWI TX 5A District 17 Hutto (#1)
2015-04-02 B-100 10.73 NWI Waco Midway Relays (#1)
2015-04-23 B-100 10.96 NWI TX 5A Area 17-18 College Station (#4)

Read more: Curtis, Davion - DyeStat.com TFX - The Internet Home of High School Track, Field and Cross Country

Reactions: HeulenHund2
And we haven't picked anyone up until they sign and show up to school. We need big nasty defensive and offensive lineman. We seem to always be soft.

How come neither of TAMU, Texas, Baylor nor TCU offered him?

Athlete Name: Davion Curtis
School Name: Temple ( TEMPLE, TX)
Class: 2016

Performances by Season

2015 Outdoor
Date Event Performance Notes Meet
2015-04-15 B-100 10.72 pre NWI TX 5A District 17 Hutto (#1)
2015-04-02 B-100 10.73 NWI Waco Midway Relays (#1)
2015-04-23 B-100 10.96 NWI TX 5A Area 17-18 College Station (#4)

Read more: Curtis, Davion - DyeStat.com TFX - The Internet Home of High School Track, Field and Cross Country

Curtis also finished a close 2nd in the 110 meter hurdles at the same meet.
He's an athlete.

I don't know, and I don't care.
There was a period where we had almost none of the in state players on Rivals old power position rankings of CFB players. One year around 2007 there were 16 Georgia boys ranked at various positions, none played for UGA.
We could have had probably 10 of those 16 if we'd offered.
This kid can play, I'd bet on it.

And we haven't picked anyone up until they sign and show up to school. We need big nasty defensive and offensive lineman. We seem to always be soft.

We're getting some great interior DLs, we had one of the best OLs in CFB last year and we have 4 out of 5 starters back.
We have the best defensive player at any position in the 2015 class in Trenton Thompson and in my opinion the best DT for 2016 is Julian Rochester, who is committed to UGA.

Last edited:
Reactions: doofusdawg
We need big nasty defensive and offensive lineman. We seem to always be soft.

You calling Julian Rochester soft too? Derek Brown gonna join soon as well!

rbqSxw6.jpg

This guy is from Temple Tx which is in the middle of nowhere. I bet they don't even have a motel in town so probably easy to overlook him. I traveled there during my sales days. Ralph Wilson Plastics used to be the only employer in town.

This guy is from Temple Tx which is in the middle of nowhere. I bet they don't even have a motel in town so probably easy to overlook him. I traveled there during my sales days. Ralph Wilson Plastics used to be the only employer in town.

I used to travel there, too. Not too far from Tyler, Nocogdoches, all the other piney woods towns. Looks kinda like middle Ga. with all the pine trees.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT