ADVERTISEMENT

What I learned on the Internet Today

Zonadog

War Daddy
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
This is Madonna as she appeared at the Grammy Awards show this week. She believes that people are criticizing her appearance because "The world is threatened by my power and my stamina, my intelligence and my will to survive" and not because she has injected so much silicone and botulism toxin into her face that she looks like a satanic muppet.

FoaIOM6XoAQ1nG3

This is Madonna as she appeared at the Grammy Awards show this week. She believes that people are criticizing her appearance because "The world is threatened by my power and my stamina, my intelligence and my will to survive" and not because she has injected so much silicone and botulism toxin into her face that she looks like a satanic muppet.

FoaIOM6XoAQ1nG3
Artificially altering oneself strictly for image isn't a trait of power and stamina.

It amuses me that people get angry for body shaming others, criticizing how someone looks, how everyone is beautiful, etc. etc. Yet these same people will put on tons of makeup, wear outlandishly expensive clothes, do botox, do plastic surgery, and on and on.

Which is it? If everyone is beautiful, being overweight is sexy, not judging people for their looks...then why all the other stuff? Why the makeup and glitter and fancy clothes, and photo shoots in exotic places? If everyone is beautiful then why go through all that trouble to look more beautiful?

Then...if you get attention for what you do, and you're obviously doing it for the attention...why be petulant about it?

I wasn't even sure Madonna was still alive...decidedly not threatened by her power or anything else about her...just wondering why she can look in a mirror and not think "maybe this wasn't the best idea".

And for the record...I didn't watch the grammies or any other hollywood thing...just saw this post and found it comical.

FoaIOM6XoAQ1nG3
south-park-eric-disgusted-ugh-3bi4l981l1hy9ya6.gif

FoaIOM6XoAQ1nG3
what in the holy hell is that ?

FoaIOM6XoAQ1nG3
chris-farley-face.gif

Looks like she was hit with a 2x4.

FoaIOM6XoAQ1nG3
Good Lord she looks like a rag doll she. Horrible!

FoaIOM6XoAQ1nG3
images

It amuses me that people get angry for body shaming others, criticizing how someone looks, how everyone is beautiful, etc. etc. Yet these same people will put on tons of makeup, wear outlandishly expensive clothes, do botox, do plastic surgery, and on and on.

Which is it? If everyone is beautiful, being overweight is sexy, not judging people for their looks...then why all the other stuff? Why the makeup and glitter and fancy clothes, and photo shoots in exotic places? If everyone is beautiful then why go through all that trouble to look more beautiful?

Then...if you get attention for what you do, and you're obviously doing it for the attention...why be petulant about it?

I wasn't even sure Madonna was still alive...decidedly not threatened by her power or anything else about her...just wondering why she can look in a mirror and not think "maybe this wasn't the best idea".

And for the record...I didn't watch the grammies or any other hollywood thing...just saw this post and found it comical.
I am a long time musician and educator. I have always loved the Grammys. Us musicians tend to be rebellious in nature - it is part of the creative process. But the hijacking of the event in recent years has destroyed it for me as the focus has shifted from the actual rewarding of music making process.

Tarantino discusses Madonna with great accuracy in "Reservoir Dogs"

dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick
iu
c

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: maugwa and Zonadog
Susanna Hoffs and Madonna are the same age. She puts the bang in Bangle.
iu
This point was a hot topic on Twitter the day I started this thread. The point is true, even using the latest photos of Susanna Hoffs for comparison, but this particular photo is 7 years old. Since Hoffs has been married for 30+ years, has children of her own and a quasi-normal life, there is also the inference that clean living and being a good person also help one to avoid the ravaging effects of "ageism and misogyny."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT