ADVERTISEMENT

What will hold the Dawgs back from winning the East this year ?

Same thing that happens every year...one or two unexplained losses to teams we should beat by Mark Richt coached teams. It happens to often for it to be bad luck. Ok...the Disney dawg fans can blast me now. Here are their typical responses.

1. You going to fire a coach that wins 9. whatever games a year? Yes, if you want to win another SEC championship and possibly a Natty. Mark Richt doesn't have it in him.
  2. You want to end up like TN? Nope, TN is not Georgia. This is a hot bed of recruiting. You can't compare GA with TN. But, It could happen. I willing to take the risk.
  3. Who you going to hire? I don't know. That's not my job. We can find one. Who had heard of Malzahn when Auburn hired him. He can coach.
  4. Next year we are going to be loaded...yeah right.
  5. Tough breaks
  6. Its the refs fault
  7. Game suspension because Richt is so tough and honest about his players...ad nauseam. It's something every years.

Reactions: UgaTom
Tell me what you fear happens .
1. Over-thinking key plays in games. I think Schotty eliminates most of these scenarios.
2. Looking unprepared for what a team does. I've heard all the "team was hungover" excuses from the UF game last year but we looked as lost on O and D as the Boise game several years ago - and that was the worst prepped UGA team I have ever seen.
3. Our qb is so afraid of an int costing him the starting job that we are simply ineffective throwing the ball and Chubb/Michel get hammered every game.

There are more but these pop to the top for me.

There is definitely a pattern. If nothing changes this year, we have a common denominator...Mark Richt. Everything else has changed. He is the only reason for the pattern.

Reactions: Rolodawg2011
Or it could be the fan's fault, I haven't thought of that yet. We are just not giving the right kind of support to Mark Richt! Unbelieveable!

Chubb goes down. He is a wrecking ball, and we will need him with a new QB and Center. Sony needs to step up and stay healthy as well. With them remaining effective, it will really help. I fear our O just won't be able to put up the points, so defense is going to be KEY.

1. - Ineffective QB play 2. - We just don't know how good of an OC Briam Shottenheimer will be. 3. Team preparation. Mark Richt's teams have lost 7 games that they were favored to win in the last 2 seasons

We play what looks to be the 2 best teams in the west.
We have a 30 year habit of being Spurrier's bitches.
Tenn will be tough in Knoxsvegas.
Can Missouri do it yet again ?
We choked balls in Jax last season.

Other than that, it's gonna be a breeze.

Chubb goes down. He is a wrecking ball, and we will need him with a new QB and Center. Sony needs to step up and stay healthy as well. With them remaining effective, it will really help. I fear our O just won't be able to put up the points, so defense is going to be KEY.

It's underselling My home town boy calling him a wrecking ball.
Chubb is a bi-pedal, bio terrestrial locomotive, with the best qualities of a cheetah, jack rabbit and rhino.. all rolled into one polite, humble DL wrecking machine with terminator like determination,

Reactions: Riotch
OCD will run out of Blue Moon midway through the Tennessee game. While trying to fire up the lawn mower to go to the gas station for more, the Dawgs will suffer a letdown knowing the foggy, inebriated eyes of OCD are not upon them, putting the game in peril.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT