ADVERTISEMENT

You guys, think Tebow makes it this year? Not going to lie

I think it makes it in the other way too

I'm pulling for him even though he is from UF. My reasoning has more to do with how he has been judged and ridiculed for his religious beliefs. In a day where we applaud gay athletes who come out but yet condemn a man for
Living a clean, moral life I find disturbing. Plus the talking heads at ESPN built him up to fail, now they dismiss him as a QB. I hope he's successful and they have to explain why they were wrong.

I don't think it necessary to announce to the world your religious beliefs. You show people what you believe by the way you act. I watch how people act, not how they talk. I can make my mouth say anything. Even Jesus himself didn't announce to the world who he was. As a matter of fact, he told his disciples not to tell people who he was. Putting a sticker on your car or hitting your knees in front of millions of people doesn't necessarily mean you are a spiritual person.

Just my 10 cents worth...

I'm pulling for him even though he is from UF. My reasoning has more to do with how he has been judged and ridiculed for his religious beliefs. In a day where we applaud gay athletes who come out but yet condemn a man for
Living a clean, moral life I find disturbing. Plus the talking heads at ESPN built him up to fail, now they dismiss him as a QB. I hope he's successful and they have to explain why they were wrong.
In describing Christians and church attendance, my mom used to say, "Just because you stand in a garage doesn't make you a car."

In describing Christians and church attendance, my mom used to say, "Just because you stand in a garage doesn't make you a car."

Agree with your comment. But have you ever seen or heard anything on Tebow that is in direct contradiction to the Christian man we see on TV. I certainly haven't and won't judge him otherwise.

Reactions: kdsdawg
Agree with your comment. But have you ever seen or heard anything on Tebow that is in direct contradiction to the Christian man we see on TV. I certainly haven't and won't judge him otherwise.
I'll just say that I REALLY don't believe he's still a virgin and has to be lying by claiming that he is. Other than that, and the fact that he once played for Flarda, he's OK by me.

When he was at Fla I didn't like him because he was a showboat and played for the enemy. Now I am ok with him because he rubs ESPN and those other "geniuses" the wrong way. ESPN has become an extension of this whole politically correct narrative that all media promotes.

I am pulling for him.

Me, too! Not a fan of his or his way of representing his religious convictions, and I hate UF and everything/everyone associated with it, BUT most media outlets' bizarrely intense (daily almost hourly) disdain for everything Tebow was beyond childishly insecure and that "hated recess" crowd (and their groupie parrots) conjured every negative image of news media ever conceived. Some of my best friends are card carrying nerds, but their fear based hatred for Tebow has been twisted and obsessive. For that reason and that reason only, I am pulling for him to succeed even if only as a journeyman backup. At that level he will still have earned a pretty lofty platform (where he can promote his way or not) compared to most athletes. Bless his heart.

If he were a phony, we would know about. TMZ sent a crew down there there, and they could not find a speck on him.

But when it comes to football, I don't see how he makes it. There is so much that is wrong with his game, he doesn't stand a chance, even as a 3rd stringer.

If he were a phony, we would know about. TMZ sent a crew down there there, and they could not find a speck on him.

But when it comes to football, I don't see how he makes it. There is so much that is wrong with his game, he doesn't stand a chance, even as a 3rd stringer.

After winning a playoff game against the Steelers he was basically dumped by the NFL. Rex Ryan never gave him a shot. While I agree that his game is not typical NFL, he's a winner and that can't be refuted. I think it has more to do with the media circus and constant questions about his starting status etc. that scares off most NFL teams. They simply do not want the distraction.

After winning a playoff game against the Steelers he was basically dumped by the NFL. Rex Ryan never gave him a shot. While I agree that his game is not typical NFL, he's a winner and that can't be refuted. I think it has more to do with the media circus and constant questions about his starting status etc. that scares off most NFL teams. They simply do not want the distraction.

During the 2011 season, Denver pretty much backed into the playoffs. They were 8-8, and lost their final three games. They got lucky by beating a Pitttsburgh team, which had three secondary players that were out.

Yeah, he was a winner in college. A lot of Quarterbacks could claim that. A lot of Alabama Quarterbacks fit this. They flame out.

I don't think it necessary to announce to the world your religious beliefs. You show people what you believe by the way you act. I watch how people act, not how they talk. I can make my mouth say anything. Even Jesus himself didn't announce to the world who he was. As a matter of fact, he told his disciples not to tell people who he was. Putting a sticker on your car or hitting your knees in front of millions of people doesn't necessarily mean you are a spiritual person.

Just my 10 cents worth...

hmmm, how ironic that you say this above and this.

"I think he will hold one in his mouth."

Tebow IS living his life with actions as well as his words. Jesus also told us to go and TELL the world about Him.

I'll just say that I REALLY don't believe he's still a virgin and has to be lying by claiming that he is. Other than that, and the fact that he once played for Flarda, he's OK by me.

When is the last time he proclaimed to be a virgin?

hmmm, how ironic that you say this above and this.

"I think he will hold one in his mouth."

Tebow IS living his life with actions as well as his words. Jesus also told us to go and TELL the world about Him.

How do you know what he is doing? There is none without sin, no not one.

How do you know what he is doing? There is none without sin, no not one.
I do know what his public actions are thanks to the way the media hounds him. They would love to catch him or any Christian in the public eye of anything unbecoming to their faith, but to this point they haven't been able to do that. I don't know what his private actions are, no, that is between him and God, but to accuse someone who is a Christian of sucking on one is pretty disgusting and low. You are accusing him of living in sin and you have no clue. So, in conclusion, the one we do know for a fact has an issue, is you.

I figure that if he lived a life different than what we all see it would be revealed in a big way. The media would like nothing more than to bring down a white Christian man to show the world that he is a phony just like all Christians. I think he's pretty much what he says he is and as a Christian I'm pulling for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT