ADVERTISEMENT

‘Judge dismisses classified documents case….

Elections Matter

My guess is that she will be first in line for a Supreme Court spot if Trump wins

Beat me to it. Get the popcorn ready, there's going to be some property destroyed tonight.

Michael Jackson Reaction GIF

Elections Matter

My guess is that she will be first in line for a Supreme Court spot if Trump wins
Actually, this may be a win for Biden and the dems. As of today, it appears the Dems will be losing the exec branch and limiting the ability to open politically motivated investigation will be good for them and quite frankly the country.

Actually, this may be a win for Biden and the dems. As of today, it appears the Dems will be losing the exec branch and limiting the ability to open politically motivated investigation will be good for them and quite frankly the country.
Maybe…..but if all of this has been contrived like some believe, don’t won’t anyone to “turn the other cheek”.

Go after their azzes……there should be a price to pay.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
Maybe…..but if all of this has been contrived like some believe, don’t won’t anyone to “turn the other cheek”.

Go after their azzes……there should be a price to pay.
I agree that if there is strong evidence of crimes committed, investigations are warranted. Otoh, we shouldnt be using special prosecutors to go on fishing expeditions.

Last edited:
“Elections matter”??…..what do you mean, expand.
Trump won the Presidency and appointed this women.

Trump is favored to win in November, and Cannon knows there are many opportunities for appointment that would be much more compelling than a federal judge in south Florida. Appeals court, maybe even the big prize if one of the Supremes passes away.

She is setting herself up for advancement.

Trump won the Presidency and appointed this women.

Trump is favored to win in November, and Cannon knows there are many opportunities for appointment that would be much more compelling than a federal judge in south Florida. Appeals court, maybe even the big prize if one of the Supremes passes away.

She is setting herself up for advancement.
OR…..it could be that the prosecutor for the case “violated the appointments clause of the U.S. Constitution??”

Boy, some of y’all are just some “speculating” mofo’s aren’t you, always drama……..”whatever it takes”, hey?

Last edited:
OR…..it could be that the prosecutor for the case “violated the appointments clause of the U.S. Constitution??”

Boy, some of y’all are just some “speculating” mofo’s aren’t you, always drama……..”whatever it takes”, hey?
Speculating or regurgitating what they heard from the loser TV media at CNN/MSNBC?

I'm curious here, what is the difference in the appointment of Mr. Smith from all the other special counsels that have been appointed over the years?

Have they all been illegal as well, and now some brilliant jurist has figured it out?

Reactions: celticdawg
I'm curious here, what is the difference in the appointment of Mr. Smith from all the other special counsels that have been appointed over the years?

Have they all been illegal as well, and now some brilliant jurist has figured it out?
He was a private citizen. From Andrew McCarthy
Last month, Andy wrote:

In the coming weeks, there is a very real possibility that the federal district court in Florida will rule that Attorney General Merrick Garland’s appointment of Jack Smith as a special counsel (SC) violated the Constitution’s appointments clause (Art. II, §2, cl.2).
He reasoned:

Attorneys who authorize the investigation and prosecution of federal crimes must be officers of the United States because they wield significant government power. Under the clause, there are just two ways of qualifying as an officer of the United States: the appointee must either be (a) nominated by the president and confirmed by the Senate, or (b) appointed to a position that “shall be established by law” — which is to say, by a congressional statute.
Smith, who has run the Trump investigations since his SC appointment by Garland on November 18, 2022, was not appointed under either of those procedures. To the contrary, he was purportedly appointed under the Justice Department’s SC regulations.
For those looking for a deeper explanation of the reasoning that led to today’s ruling, I encourage you to read the whole thing, as well as a follow up piece with more historical context, going back to Watergate.

Why are you asking me, I didn’t make the ruling.

I certainly don’t know all of the details as some pretend to know. But I do believe in our court system, gotta go with it.

Reactions: ClydeDawg
OK, I read the article.

If a Special Prosecutor has to be confirmed by the Senate, won't the side in power try to block the appointment if the person being prosecuted is one of their own?

Thought politics was supposed to be kept out of prosecutions, guess not.

Why are you asking me, I didn’t make the ruling.

I certainly don’t know all of the details as some pretend to know. But I do believe in our court system, gotta go with it.
So then you are okay with the rest of Trump's convictions and trials. Right?

Reactions: nice marmot
OK, I read the article.

If a Special Prosecutor has to be confirmed by the Senate, won't the side in power try to block the appointment if the person being prosecuted is one of their own?

Thought politics was supposed to be kept out of prosecutions, guess not.
DOJ doesn't need spec prosecutors to investigate crimes and was free to conduct the Mueller and Smith investgations in house. The ONLY purpose of a spec prosecutor is to avoid claims of partisanship because the CIA, DOJ and FBI don't need spec prosecutors to effectively investigate. Bringing in a guy like Jack Smith or Andrew Weissman is actually the opposite of what the special prosecutor role is supposed to fill.

Reactions: doerunn
It was the one place where I truly thought they had him. He was guilty of bragging about having the docs. Whether he could at any time have declassified is another issue. Either way this was going to be a problem. As always, the dems tried to stack the deck in their favor. It backfired here. They got a judge who could use their own shenanigans against them. And she did.

All that is left is to see if they will put him in jail for the crazy Bragg case. I think if they do trump may win 48 of 50 states. Bad time to be a democrat. All of their bs has come home to roost.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
He was a private citizen. From Andrew McCarthy
Last month, Andy wrote:

He reasoned:

For those looking for a deeper explanation of the reasoning that led to today’s ruling, I encourage you to read the whole thing, as well as a follow up piece with more historical context, going back to Watergate.
MERRICK GARLAND AGAIN…so butt hurt! Shi+s all over the laws he is supposed to be protecting

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT