ADVERTISEMENT

“1-2” starting players…

maddawg mdc

National Champion
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2002
There have been posts suggesting we might lose 1-2 starters, and what I am wondering is how much of that is informed by specific names vs an actuarial guess or simply applying probability to guys leaving. Obviously, mathematically, every guy on our roster has a “non-zero” chance of leaving. It’s theoretically possible a program could offer our QB $10M. It is also highly improbable.

If you look by position group, it’s tough to identify a “starter” at many of the position groups.

QB- no
RB - no
OL - is it possible one of our OGs leave? Sure it’s possible, but it’s not probable.
WR - Dom isn’t leaving. Is it possible someone throws a bag at Bell? Maybe. Beyond that, who is our “starter”? Rara?
TE - don’t think Delp is leaving

DL - Stackhouse and Brinson both could have left and came back. Neither appears at risk of losing PT to younger guys
DE/edge/OLB - it’s Chaz and Mykell. Could someone throw a bag at Mykell? Sure. Could Chaz see more limited snaps and want to leave? Maybe

ILB - Mondon/Raylen/CJ/Jalon - again, why would any of these guys leave but for a bag?

CB - Humphrey/Harris/Daylon - is it possible one leaves? Sure, I wouldn’t be shocked if Humphrey left.

S - is DDS a “starter”? I could see him looking at Jacorey and KJ and thinking his PT might decline. Then again, he has had numerous windows before and hasn’t left. could another program throw a bag at him? Perhaps, is it probable? No.

Star - why would Joenel leave?

Again, we may lose guys. It is tough to identify ones we think of as entrenched returning starters leaving - unless the offers are too good to refuse. Of course, every program that makes such an offer has to fit that offer within some type of budget, and the general commentary in media has been that no programs are particularly satisfied with the amount of money their collectives have.

Bottom line - other than somone throwing and enormous number at Mykell, I am not particularly concerned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News