ADVERTISEMENT

“S#+ hole countries”

Boost Assendahm

Always Ready, Never Prepared
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Are we silly or naive enough to really believe that “third world” country is anything but a euphemism for “3rd rate” or “s#+ hole?”

And how do you prefer to typecast a country’s government/leadership that implements an official government enforced edict forbidding menstruating females from bathing in the river for fear of angering the river gods?

Oh, and Tuesday’s in the river are out for ladies too, menstruating or not. Ghana’s visionary leaders are all about this accomplishment (like most of ours, more about votes than progress). Google it.

And for the realists among us, we understand that third world or s#+ hole is meant to demean the leadership and define circumstances, NOT to defile the people themselves.

But we do love us some opportunities to whine and cast blame, while we kick the can down the road, solving absolutely nothing for anybody we so quickly stand up for by seeking blame over resolution.

We are one freaking special bunch.

Last edited:
He denied that he said it. (Figures)....
If he was really this "GREAT" president, own that shit. Don't tweet that u didnt say it and try to spin it.

Reactions: Lionel Mandrake
I don’t like the guy either. But he can’t say hello without pissing off at least half of us. How can you know what to say or how to say it or when, without immediate backlash for the sake of backlash?

We the people are the biggest obstacle to getting anything done, anything that has productive, long term and realistic value for most of us. Seems we don’t really care about solutions. We’re giddy as hell just to have someone or something to blame and whine about. Kind of tired of our BS and those who play us for fun and profit.

So what did he deny?
"Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said 'take them out.' Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings - unfortunately, no trust!" Trump tweeted.

"Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said 'take them out.' Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings - unfortunately, no trust!" Trump tweeted.
And you believe it?

Reactions: ARealMunson
The President of the United States calls 3-4 countries "shithole countries" and @Boost Assendahm comes on here talking about menstruation.

incredulous.gif

We get our water out of the rivers. Keeping menstruating Africans out seems like a good idea to me. Not letting them swim on non-menstrual Tuesdays seems a bit misogynistic.

Do what? You are accusing me of deflecting after making a post that tries to rationalize yet more classless statements by trump by bringing up MENSTRUATION? I just don't even know where to start. Clearly you are not going to be swayed from your bunker but hey, I'll bite.

To your second post. I imagine I know what your follow up is going to be and I truly can't wait for the MENSA statement.
Third World
ˈˌTHərd ˈwərld/
noun
  1. the developing countries of Asia, Africa, and Latin America.

Lastly, are you implying that Trump is helping Haiti, El Salvador, and whatever the other countries are by calling them "shitholes"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lionel Mandrake
Do what? You are accusing me of deflecting after making a post that tries to rationalize yet more classless statements by trump by bringing up MENSTRUATION? I just don't even know where to start. Clearly you are not going to be swayed from your bunker but hey, I'll bite.

To your second post. I imagine I know what your follow up is going to be and I truly can't wait for the MENSA statement.

Lastly, are you implying that Trump is helping Haiti, El Salvador, and whatever the other countries are by calling them "shitholes"?
Actually, we're helping them by taking large numbers of their useless populations, including MS-13 savages, off their hands and forcing working Americans to support them. Additionally, I've been to over 40 of the 54 African countries; they're bona fide shitholes. Also been to two countries bordering El Salvador; they're shitholes, too.

Reactions: Eastmandawg
Actually, we're helping them by taking large numbers of their useless populations, including MS-13 savages, off their hands and forcing working Americans to support them. Additionally, I've been to over 40 of the 54 African countries; they're bona fide shitholes. Also been to two countries bordering El Salvador; they're shitholes, too.
That settles that. Pack up the tent.

Lastly and firstly, no one (including Trump or any other politician) is doing much of anything functional to better the circumstances and incredibly shallow leadership in third world or third rate countries.

Taking in more of their faultless citizens is obviously and pitifully NOT a long term solution. Just fodder for headlines and feigned outrage among our do nothing leaders.

Trump’s definitely an easy target. Blaming him has become our new mindless and wasteful topic of idle chat. Like gossip st the water cooler. Totally vapid BS.

Yes, the Ghana story is real and current and on point. Comparing our same comically tragic obsession with making changes that accomplish little more than buying votes, while “deflecting” or “passing the buck” or kicking the can down the road.”

We suck. Our leadership sucks equally , and we’ve allowed it for decades upon decades.

LOL. Nicely said.

I know this will probably be missed on some of you, but the outrage isn't that he pointed out that those places are shitholes. The outrage is that he basically said that Americans aren't supposed to take people who desperately want to be here to escape their country. You know, the tired, weary and the poor.

Anyone here like Sony Michel, by the way? You know, child of Haitian immigrants

What took you to 40 of the 54 African countries?

I know this will probably be missed on some of you, but the outrage isn't that he pointed out that those places are shitholes. The outrage is that he basically said that Americans aren't supposed to take people who desperately want to be here to escape their country. You know, the tired, weary and the poor.

At some point, if you keep taking the tired, weary and poor, you become the tired, weary and poor. Sony was born here, so his parents came a long time ago. Times change, you have to adapt. Obviously we have always done so, changing innumerable laws, even constitutional provisions, which became obsolete due to changing situations and norms. Some, considered perfectly acceptable upon enactment, became reprehensible.

How many of those tired and weary we took in long ago were supported by the welfare state, as a huge number are now? I’m tired of paying, watching them drag the country down, cranking out welfare babies. Build the wall, control immigration; times and circumstances have changed.

At some point, if you keep taking the tired, weary and poor, you become the tired, weary and poor. Sony was born here, so his parents came a long time ago. Times change, you have to adapt. Obviously we have always done so, changing innumerable laws, even constitutional provisions, which became obsolete due to changing situations and norms. Some, considered perfectly acceptable upon enactment, became reprehensible.

How many of those tired and weary we took in long ago were supported by the welfare state, as a huge number are now? I’m tired of paying, watching them drag the country down, cranking out welfare babies. Build the wall, control immigration; times and circumstances have changed.
With all due respect, this narrative about immigrants being "supported by the welfare state" is almost entirely a farce. It's just not supported by most research. At best it's debatable. At worst, it's entirely a lie.

I should also note, you're bringing up the wall which confuses legal and illegal immigration. Two entirely separate things. I suspect that's where your "welfare state" comments come front.

With all due respect, this narrative about immigrants being "supported by the welfare state" is almost entirely a farce. It's just not supported by most research. At best it's debatable. At worst, it's entirely a lie.

I should also note, you're bringing up the wall which confuses legal and illegal immigration. Two entirely separate things. I suspect that's where your "welfare state" comments come front.
Also with due respect, i think your distinction is incorrect. A huge percentage of RECENT immigrants is reaping one or more forms of taxpayer-funded welfare. Many legal immigrants come from Europe, Asia, and India. They come here and get high-paying jobs and never need or take welfare. It is the legal and illegal immigrants from the “shitholes” who are bleedng the system, cranking out babies like rats. https://cis.org/Welfare-Use-Immigrant-Households-Children

Also with due respect, i think your distinction is incorrect. A huge percentage of RECENT immigrants is reaping one or more forms of taxpayer-funded welfare. Many legal immigrants come from Europe, Asia, and India. They come here and get high-paying jobs and never need or take welfare. It is the legal and illegal immigrants from the “shitholes” who are bleedng the system, cranking out babies like rats. https://cis.org/Welfare-Use-Immigrant-Households-Children
But, again, as I read that study it lumps in legal and illegal immigrants. Which is what you're doing.

I'm talking about legal immigration. It's pretty clear that author intentionally conflates the two. To say nothing of the fact that the data in that article is from an anti-immigrant group (which, frankly, is irrelevant since the whole article itself is flawed).

If you think we should have less legal immigration, that's certainly a position that one can have. But let's stay on topic with legal immigration. I'm not advocating for people just running through the border or overstaying visas.

But, again, as I read that study it lumps in legal and illegal immigrants. Which is what you're doing.

I'm talking about legal immigration. It's pretty clear that author intentionally conflates the two. To say nothing of the fact that the data in that article is from an anti-immigrant group (which, frankly, is irrelevant since the whole article itself is flawed).
LEGAL immigrants include a huge percentage who are coming here with a job already lined up, which is a main factor in their being allowed to immigrate. That is controlled immigration. I am for it. I love it. My grandparents immigrated. We have good laws to control it.

You said the outrage is due to Trump inferring America is not supposed to take those who desperately want to escape their country and come here. Half the forking world desperately wants to escape their shithole countries and half of those desperately want to get their hands on our welfare. I’m sorry their countries suck. What should we do, ensure we make ours sucks, too, just to placate the nurturing instincts of dambed liberals, who, by the way, don’t give a flying fork about those people, but they sure want the votes?

And also, by the way, you spend time here trying to convince people you’re conservative. Perhaps you should draw a distinction between fiscally and socially conservative. I have a hard time considering as conservative anyone willing to inflate the welfare burden by allowing unchecked immigrtion, legal and/or illegal, to people who simply desperately want to escape their crappy country.

LEGAL immigrants include a huge percentage who are coming here with a job already lined up, which is a main factor in their being allowed to immigrate. That is controlled immigration. I am for it. I love it. My grandparents immigrated. We have good laws to control it.

You said the outrage is due to Trump inferring America is not supposed to take those who desperately want to escape their country and come here. Half the forking world desperately wants to escape their shithole countries and half of those desperately want to get their hands on our welfare. I’m sorry their countries suck. What should we do, ensure we make ours sucks, too, just to placate the nurturing instincts of dambed liberals, who, by the way, don’t give a flying fork about those people, but they sure want the votes?

And also, by the way, you spend time here trying to convince people you’re conservative. Perhaps you should draw a distinction between fiscally and socially conservative. I have a hard time considering as conservative anyone willing to inflate the welfare burden by allowing unchecked immigrtion, legal and/or illegal, to people who simply desperately want to escape their crappy country.
There's a lot of wonderful strawmen in this post. Literally no one is for unchecked immigration of any kind. And I'm certainly not advocating for more welfare.

But what I am saying is we can have a legal immigration system that allows for people from countries like (gasp!) Haiti, El Salvador, and African countries to come here. The statistics do not back up your theory that they just come and suck on the government teet. In fact, immigrants who come here legally are far more likely to start businesses than those of us who were born here. And, to that end, I have no problem with enforcing our borders or our visa process such that we have room for legal immigrants.

But you've done a fantastic job of imputing opinions and positions to me that I neither hold nor have expressed. I get that there's this ethos that you're either with Trump or you're a snowflake, but as I often try to explain to you fellas, the world isn't binary.

There's a lot of wonderful strawmen in this post. Literally no one is for unchecked immigration of any kind. And I'm certainly not advocating for more welfare.

But what I am saying is we can have a legal immigration system that allows for people from countries like (gasp!) Haiti, El Salvador, and African countries to come here. The statistics do not back up your theory that they just come and suck on the government teet. In fact, immigrants who come here legally are far more likely to start businesses than those of us who were born here. And, to that end, I have no problem with enforcing our borders or our visa process such that we have room for legal immigrants.

But you've done a fantastic job of imputing opinions and positions to me that I neither hold nor have expressed. I get that there's this ethos that you're either with Trump or you're a snowflake, but as I often try to explain to you fellas, the world isn't binary.
We already HAVE a legal immigration system that allows people from those countries to come here, just not every one who desperately wants to escape. Why should we have ANY illegal immigrants on welfare? And if we have LEGAL ones on welfare, why did we let them in?

I take it you just do not accept the Center for Immigration Studies report I linked. It mght be helpful for you to revisit it and read the “about” section to understand who they are.

Happy Hour. I’m out.

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
We already HAVE a legal immigration system that allows people from those countries to come here, just not every one who desperately wants to escape. Why should we have ANY illegal immigrants on welfare? And if we have LEGAL ones on welfare, why did we let them in?

I take it you just do not accept the Center for Immigration Studies report I linked. It mght be helpful for you to revisit it and read the “about” section to understand who they are.

Happy Hour. I’m out.
I told you the flaw in the CIS study. It lumps in legal and illegal immigrants. Not to mention that it's an anti-immigration org. I wouldn't cite to a Center for American Progress study for immigration information either.

In short, it's a flawed study from a group with an anti-immigrant view point.

Reactions: bigdawg36
I told you the flaw in the CIS study. It lumps in legal and illegal immigrants. Not to mention that it's an anti-immigration org. I wouldn't cite to a Center for American Progress study for immigration information either.

In short, it's a flawed study from a group with an anti-immigrant view point.
Common ground should be that NO illegal should ever be provided a single cent of tax payers monies. If both sides start with this, Dreamers / DACA is done. Then fix the border to not force the political classes into this again.

“Fair” has to be balanced to be functional and sustainable. It’s always possible. But our way is more about who gets credit for good and who gets blamed for bad than about solving any of our most enduring societal problems for everyone (most everyone).

Our welfare sucks. If that's what they are after, they should definitely go to Europe.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
Look, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what the Liar in Chief was trying to say. He said that Haiti and the African countries were shi*hole countries, and why don't we have more immigrants from countries such as Norway.

Bottom line, the folks coming from Haiti and the African countries are black, the ones coming from Norway are white. The Donald doesn't care for black folks, simple as that.

Look, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what the Liar in Chief was trying to say. He said that Haiti and the African countries were shi*hole countries, and why don't we have more immigrants from countries such as Norway.

Bottom line, the folks coming from Haiti and the African countries are black, the ones coming from Norway are white. The Donald doesn't care for black folks, simple as that.
Maybe he prefers people who can make a contribution, regardless of color. People in Haiti and Africa can barely wipe their own asses.

We can draw any conclusion that appeals to our personal set of sensibilities. As the old saying goes, there are three sides to every story. My side. Your side. And the truth.

Pretty sure he’s more about promoting the idea of successful, skilled or talented people being prioritized if not recruited and approved as legal immigrants. Like Switzerland, Norway and many other self sustaining countries do. To get into (to qualify for a path to citizenship there) one has to bring a talent or skill to the table that they want or need.

Bringing people onboard just to recreate the wonderment of Ellis Island’s heyday is basically an active, purposeful importation of more poverty. Who draws the line and when? We can do the right thing, but there has to be balance and functional sustainability. All things to/for all people is a job for God(s), not for bureaucrats and publicists and political campaigns.

Sony Michel is exceptional to say the least. His parents overcame their circumstances. And he has excelled in admirable fashion. We can fix it all, but not by deferring and deflecting and leaving it for the next guy to worry over. Tough decisions, effective decisions are regularly not made or as often corrective action is deftly postponed. Both parties play this game. And we continue to allow it.

Maybe he prefers people who can make a contribution, regardless of color. People in Haiti and Africa can barely wipe their own asses.
Sony Michel...I"ll just say it again, Sony Michel.

ADVERTISEMENT