ADVERTISEMENT

“S#+ hole countries”

Actually, we're helping them by taking large numbers of their useless populations, including MS-13 savages, off their hands and forcing working Americans to support them. Additionally, I've been to over 40 of the 54 African countries; they're bona fide shitholes. Also been to two countries bordering El Salvador; they're shitholes, too.

I expect the 14 countries there you have not visited are also sh*tholes.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
mR2GbuI.jpg

I know this will probably be missed on some of you, but the outrage isn't that he pointed out that those places are shitholes. The outrage is that he basically said that Americans aren't supposed to take people who desperately want to be here to escape their country. You know, the tired, weary and the poor.

Anyone here like Sony Michel, by the way? You know, child of Haitian immigrants

There are over 7,000,000,000 people in this world and a very large percentage of them are dirt poor, starving, under political or religious persecution. Is your plan to just allow any and all who have a case to come to America?

How will our economy handle the floods of people? Perhaps we can do more for them by keeping our economy strong and actually sending money and people to help rebuild?

There are over 7,000,000,000 people in this world and a very large percentage of them are dirt poor, starving, under political or religious persecution. Is your plan to just allow any and all who have a case to come to America?

How will our economy handle the floods of people? Perhaps we can do more for them by keeping our economy strong and actually sending money and people to help rebuild?
Lots of wonderful questions that have nothing to do with the point I was making. Wonderful straw men though.

Again, literally no one is saying allow in floods of people.

Um, you said “the outrage is that he basically said that Americans aren't supposed to take people who desperately want to be here to escape their country. You know, the tired, weary and the poor.”

My point is we can’t bring in billions of, “you know, the tire, weary and the poor”. I don’t like his mouth and not saying we become isolationists. However, we need a better solution than just bringing them here. For the money it takes to bring one person in we care can help 10 there.

Um, you said “the outrage is that he basically said that Americans aren't supposed to take people who desperately want to be here to escape their country. You know, the tired, weary and the poor.”

My point is we can’t bring in billions of, “you know, the tire, weary and the poor”. I don’t like his mouth and not saying we become isolationists. However, we need a better solution than just bringing them here. For the money it takes to bring one person in we care can help 10 there.
What you've apparently missed is that there's a difference in what Trump said (take none of them) and the position you've made the straw man (take everyone!!!). Again, you for some reason misunderstood what I wrote as some sort of weird open borders thing that literally no one advocates for. You have done a wonderful job arguing against that position though.

My point is that it's very clear Trump's position is that we should only open America to people who don't need to be here but just want to be (e.g. Norwegians). My position is that part of this thing we call America is letting people come here who *need* a better life (e.g Haitians or Ethiopians or whatever). And the facts and data show that legal immigrants are among our most productive residents.

Are we silly or naive enough to really believe that “third world” country is anything but a euphemism for “3rd rate” or “s#+ hole?”

And how do you prefer to typecast a country’s government/leadership that implements an official government enforced edict forbidding menstruating females from bathing in the river for fear of angering the river gods?

Oh, and Tuesday’s in the river are out for ladies too, menstruating or not. Ghana’s visionary leaders are all about this accomplishment (like most of ours, more about votes than progress). Google it.

And for the realists among us, we understand that third world or s#+ hole is meant to demean the leadership and define circumstances, NOT to defile the people themselves.

But we do love us some opportunities to whine and cast blame, while we kick the can down the road, solving absolutely nothing for anybody we so quickly stand up for by seeking blame over resolution.

We are one freaking special bunch.
can't call them sh$%^holes..taken in context they are corrupt sh#$hole countries..just can't say it. The PC media/crowd can't take the truth...USA First!

What you've apparently missed is that there's a difference in what Trump said (take none of them) and the position you've made the straw man (take everyone!!!). Again, you for some reason misunderstood what I wrote as some sort of weird open borders thing that literally no one advocates for. You have done a wonderful job arguing against that position though.

My point is that it's very clear Trump's position is that we should only open America to people who don't need to be here but just want to be (e.g. Norwegians). My position is that part of this thing we call America is letting people come here who *need* a better life (e.g Haitians or Ethiopians or whatever). And the facts and data show that legal immigrants are among our most productive residents.

You are right. I must have missed him saying take none of them. Where again did he say that?

I told you the flaw in the CIS study. It lumps in legal and illegal immigrants. Not to mention that it's an anti-immigration org. I wouldn't cite to a Center for American Progress study for immigration information either.

In short, it's a flawed study from a group with an anti-immigrant view point.

You are wrong. Half of all immigrants are on some type of government assistance.https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/01/immigrant-welfare-use-report/71517072/

You are wrong. Half of all immigrants are on some type of government assistance.https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/01/immigrant-welfare-use-report/71517072/
And, as I said above, that's a flawed report because it lumps in legal and illegal immigrants (to say nothing of the fact that it's from an anti-immigration org). I'm not talking about illegal immigration.

(Let's be honest: that reports lumps in legal and illegal immigrants on purpose to make the numbers sound worse)

Numbers. Not about who’s nice and who’s nicer or any touchy feely lifetime channel narrative. It’s aboit numbers of people with people wants, people needs and people problems. Too many people with the usual problems regardless of their country or ancestry of origin, is the thing. Numbers! Nothing personal, right, actuaries and accountants? NUMBERS. Easy to figure figures.

And, as I said above, that's a flawed report because it lumps in legal and illegal immigrants (to say nothing of the fact that it's from an anti-immigration org). I'm not talking about illegal immigration.

(Let's be honest: that reports lumps in legal and illegal immigrants on purpose to make the numbers sound worse)
If it is only one of them bloodsucking the system then we need to throw that bastard out. And that organization is not anti-immigration; they are a pro-lower-immigration organization. You who often deploy the straw-man defense to counter an argument are also quick to use it when it serves your purpose.

Over half of legal and illegal immigrants are on some form of welfare, which can be argued diminishes our capacity to care for our own people in need. Why is that number over ZERO percent? Why did we let them in if they can’t support themselves and contribute? Screw them. Send their asses home.

Last edited:
If it is only one of them bloodsucking the system then we need to throw that bastard out. And that organization is not anti-immigration; they are a pro-lower-immigration organization. You who often deploy the straw-man defense to counter an argument are also quick to use it when it serves your purpose.

Over half of legal and illegal immigrants are on some form of welfare, which can be argued diminishes our capacity to care for our own people in need. Why is that number over ZERO percent? Why did we let them in if they can’t support themselves and contribute? Screw them. Send their asses home.
I'd be happy for you to educate me if you have a study that supports your position on LEGAL immigrants by showing that they use government aid at a higher rate (on an individual level - not the flawed "household" model).

My counter to your argument isn't a straw man. It's that your data is flawed because it intentionally lumps in legal and illegal immigrants (on purpose, I might add, to get a desired reaction. Which it did).

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdawg36
It’s impossible to persuade trumps most ardent supporters but to them I say you can keep all your GOP and conservative credentials and call out the classless things he says (things most southern parents teach their kids at young ages to not say). I don’t know how they do it in New York thank dog.

Southerners are the kings of euphemisms and outwardly putting a gloss on our most inner feelings. And if we’re being honest I much prefer that over any given classless, clueless and tone deaf New Yorker. And I think In any other era most here would agree.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdawg36

Quote lifted off Facebook.

So, let me see if I have this right now..... Trump is a mentally ill, semi-illiterate duffus who built a multi-billion dollar empire that spread across the world, was able to beat 17 of the best and brightest Republican candidates, turns around to beat the "most qualified woman of our

I'd be happy for you to educate me if you have a study that supports your position on LEGAL immigrants by showing that they use government aid at a higher rate (on an individual level - not the flawed "household" model).

My counter to your argument isn't a straw man. It's that your data is flawed because it intentionally lumps in legal and illegal immigrants (on purpose, I might add, to get a desired reaction. Which it did).

You failed to respond to my previous post so I assume your acknowledging that he never said what you reported?

Perhaps you could provide a report that backs up your numbers. The facts are we have a large number of legal immigrants coming in from Asia and Europe that come to America and are highly successful. The numbers for legal immigrants from Africa, the Caribbean and South America are not as good.

One other thing to consider is that our labor participation rate is poor and the level of discouraged workers ( still well over a million) needs to be addressed. These are people forced onto public assistance in part because of the numbers of immigrants coming in. Just saying legal immigrants are productive doesn’t tell the whole story.

There are programs like the lottery visa that allow a certain number of legal immigrants in per year from certain countries. No consideration for merit or simulation. Yes, our country was established on tak8ng in anyone who wanted to come to be American. However, that was before welfare, food stamps and the 80 other programs set up tip to help the poor. We have illegals coming inning in that can’t legally work but can get food stamps and other assistance.

Our system needs to be fixed.

You failed to respond to my previous post so I assume your acknowledging that he never said what you reported?

He said exactly what I "reported." He questioned why we would want to let in people from Haiti or Africa. Meaning, why would we let ANY of them come here.

As to the rest of your point, Cato found that low income immigrants use public aid at a lower level than low income natives (but I'm not in love with that study's methodology either like the CIS one). I concede that I can't find a survey that just gives the raw numbers, in part because this is such a politically charged issue. (Meaning I can't find a study that just says "x percent of legal immigrants use welfare" mostly because so much of the studies focus on illegal immigrants).

Cato did, however, determine that the cost of government aid to immigrants is lower than that to native born citizens on a per person basis. Meaning our poor citizens are more of a drain than immigrants are.

https://www.cato.org/publications/e...mmigrants-use-public-benefits-lower-rate-poor

But, it's also important to note that green card holders aren't eligible for any federal assistance until they've been here 5 years. So no one is getting a green card, coming here, and getting on SNAP or TANF immediately.

As I said above, I'd be more than happy for you or anyone to educate me with a study that says what percentage of legal resident individuals use government aid (not that flawed household crap from CIS) since it's your assumption that they are using aid at a far greater percentage than native born Americans.

Last edited:

National Academies of Sciences reports similar numbers, as reported by Washington Post, but I suppose those are two anti-immigration organizations, right? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...citizens-to-go-hungry/?utm_term=.aa4bfffa4430 Notice the article is about US citizens who are first-generation immigrants and their children. Not illegals.

The report is 100s of pages and I browsed it and could not determine if they lump legals and illegals together, which seems to upset you, and does not matter a whit to me. Of course legal immigrants have lower welfare usage rates than illegals; most must have a sponsor, either a responsible family member or an employer. And thus their lower usage rate lowers the total if you lump them together. Who cares? Why are we taking money from working Americans and giving it to any recent immigrant, legal or illegal?

Legal immigration has given us the wonderful Somali communities. I know a bit about Somalis because I went there many times. It is a shithole that other shitholes call a shithole, the worst of the worst, dangerous, violent, illiterate. Minnesota is an interesting case to ponder because it has few Spanish-speaking illegals, assumedly because grass only grows a few months a year up there.

Minnesota's spending on childcare assistance in 2016, broken down by language is 26.2% Somali plus a smaller percentage Oromo, as reported by the Minnesota Department of Human Services. Somalis, Kenyans, and Ethiopians are presumably here legally under refugee immigration programs. Like the old joke, river's too wide to wade across. So there for you is a microcosm of the money being sucked up by legal immigrants, uninflated by illegals. This is going on in every state in the country.

And, by the way, Somalis largely hate us, regard us as the Great Satan. A large percentage of them are radicalized Sunnis. They are illiterate in their own language, much less English. They want to kill us. Can you imagine what they think when we hand them the keys to beautiful furnished apartments, and give them monthly checks to thank them for fornicating? "Suckers" is what they think of us. 1/2 of 1% of the population getting 26.2% of the childcare assistance. Good thing we allowed those bastards to legally come here. After we get them fattened up maybe they'll blow up a church or machine-gun a crowd. http://www.startribune.com/refugee-...l-a-small-part-of-welfare-programs/415829614/

"since it's your assumption that they are using aid at a far greater percentage than native born Americans." I don't think anybody has said that, which makes it yet another straw man to suit your needs. What I have said is if ANY are using public aid, that's too many, and why did we let them in? I resent paying money to people who hate us.

@deadduckdawg Thanks - I'll check the study out.

Of course, what's clear from your post is you don't care about the distinction in legal or illegal immigrants. Which is fine, but it just shows that you and I aren't going to reach common ground on this regardless of the numbers since you're apparently not in favor of immigration period. Certainly your prerogative, but I just don't feel the same way.

The most telling quote from that study you posted is "the antipathy against illegal immigration often spills over to all immigrants." Truer words have not been spoken based on reading this thread.

Why are you quoting a poem? Our immigration policy is a poem now, give me your tired and so forth and so on.

@deadduckdawg Thanks - I'll check the study out.

Of course, what's clear from your post is you don't care about the distinction in legal or illegal immigrants. Which is fine, but it just shows that you and I aren't going to reach common ground on this regardless of the numbers since you're apparently not in favor of immigration period. Certainly your prerogative, but I just don't feel the same way.

The most telling quote from that study you posted is "the antipathy against illegal immigration often spills over to all immigrants." Truer words have not been spoken based on reading this thread.
I most DEFINITELY AM in favor of immigration. CONTROLLED immigration, not just sopping up the world's illiterates and savages and then transferring wealth to them. Our tech industry has been screaming for years for more B1B visas and our stupid-assed government will not increase the quota; they're too busy processing in the world's scum.

I know this will probably be missed on some of you, but the outrage isn't that he pointed out that those places are shitholes. The outrage is that he basically said that Americans aren't supposed to take people who desperately want to be here to escape their country. You know, the tired, weary and the poor.

Anyone here like Sony Michel, by the way? You know, child of Haitian immigrants

over a billion plus tired, weary and poor on the earth...we can't take them all. That doesn't mean not to help these mentioned people subjected to years of corrupt regimes.. America probably hands out more $ and help to the poor than any country on the planet. Trump is talking about the corrupt african governments for the most part. Obviously the Trump haters will jump at anything he does, especially when it comes to giving the citizens of the usa $ out. I'm sure the elite liberals are all about letting the tired, weary, poor come and live in their liberal neighborhoods, right? Why can't we try to be real and tell the truth that the USA can't bring all in need and house, feed, give medical care to billions of people. Trump isn't the PC president, that doesn't mean he's wrong what he thinks /says about the corrupt govts around the world. There's poor of all colors, but for some reason all we hear from the open border zealots is only talking about people who are non white...if we aren't gonna protect the American interest, our laws, and allow all people from all nations white and non white to cross our borders illegally (no vetting) lets do it and see how that works out for the United States of America.

So what did he deny?

I don't think he did. A shithole is a shithol. Haiti is a shithole, Africa is a shithole Mexico is a shithole. If you disagree, they you agree these people need to stay in their own country and stop crossing our boarders

There's a lot of wonderful strawmen in this post. Literally no one is for unchecked immigration of any kind. And I'm certainly not advocating for more welfare.

But what I am saying is we can have a legal immigration system that allows for people from countries like (gasp!) Haiti, El Salvador, and African countries to come here. The statistics do not back up your theory that they just come and suck on the government teet. In fact, immigrants who come here legally are far more likely to start businesses than those of us who were born here. And, to that end, I have no problem with enforcing our borders or our visa process such that we have room for legal immigrants.

But you've done a fantastic job of imputing opinions and positions to me that I neither hold nor have expressed. I get that there's this ethos that you're either with Trump or you're a snowflake, but as I often try to explain to you fellas, the world isn't binary.

Well, if you believe those stats. Most come here and get ILLEGAL ID's. So these leftist stats used by other leftist don't tell the whole story.

These people don't come here to be Americans, don't believe me? Google their protest marches (so much for being in the shadows) We really don't need any thing done on immigration except....ENFORCE THE LAW. Simple really.

We have the right to pic and choose who we want. The economy is more and more becoming tech and animation based. Neither party GAS about these people. Democrats want them for votes, establishment Repubs want them for low wages, and neither one GAS about the American Citizen.

Democrats worry more about these illegals than the security of the Country. Notice how they always refer to these DACA Crooks as "children" They're 30 years old. Send them back and let them apply like everyone else.

Democrats look to these people to change the composition of the Country, they want the USA to become a third world shithole. Its what leftist since the beginning of time have fought for....shared misery for everyone......except them of course, they must be kept secure and safe to oversee the unwashed masses

I don't think he did. A shithole is a shithol. Haiti is a shithole, Africa is a shithole Mexico is a shithole. If you disagree, they you agree these people need to stay in their own country and stop crossing our boarders
He denied using that term. All I'm saying is if you said it, don't backtrack. Man up and own it. Hell, they're shitholes all over the world, some European countries are shitholes too. But I guess it all depends on who u ask to define the word .

Reactions: Rolodawg2011
He denied using that term. All I'm saying is if you said it, don't backtrack. Man up and own it. Hell, they're shitholes all over the world, some European countries are shitholes too. But I guess it all depends on who u ask to define the word .
Well maybe he didn't use the term. Only that Lying miscreant Turban Durbin said he said it, I mean the guy has a history of making stuff up....

In my opinion, one indisputable characteristic of a shithole is open sewers, which many, maybe most, Sub-Saharan African cities and villages have. Open sewers are concrete ditches of varying size which everybody dumps their buckets of shit in and through which the shit of 20 million people (in Lagos’ case) is carried to the sea.

Other than the horrible stench, which is ever present, they aren’t too awful unless you’re prone to puking, especially when you have to step over one. The real problem comes with a tiny bit of rain which causes the open sewers to overflow into the streets. Then you’re wading through a shitflood in a suit in hundred-degree heat trying to ignore the stench and make it to a meeting. That’s a shithole.

Another indisputable characteristic is any country whose plumbing will not handle toilet paper. I owned a trailer park in Cedartown, a bona fide shithole trailer park in its own right. Every year Guatemalan and Honduran tree planters would rent 6 or 8 trailers. They would just pile their used toilet paper next to the toilet, would not believe you could actually flush it. I’m pretty sure their home towns are shitholes.

But people from these places will make wonderful Americans, expand diversity, which is important to us for some reason which is utterly forking incomprehensible to me. Oh yeah, and there’s that demcrat votes thing.

Reactions: Rolodawg2011
A lie is a lie though
Yep, I've said before. Democrats keep running lying dirtbag after lying dirtbag. The republicans beat them at their own game.....with one YUGE exception. OWLBORE, KERRY, CLINTON......Trump actually has a working brain.

Yep, I've said before. Democrats keep running lying dirtbag after lying dirtbag. The republicans beat them at their own game.....with one YUGE exception. OWLBORE, KERRY, CLINTON......Trump actually has a working brain.
So you're ok that republicans are better at lying than democrats?

So you're ok that republicans are better at lying than democrats?
They're all liars and players in the Kabuki theater. Trump is no a politician , which puts him head and shoulders above the rest. I dislike Ryan and McConnell as much as Pelosi and Schumer...all lying POS putting on a show while looking after their best interests. That's why they all hate Trump, he refuses to take part in their play

They're all liars and players in the Kabuki theater. Trump is no a politician , which puts him head and shoulders above the rest. I dislike Ryan and McConnell as much as Pelosi and Schumer...all lying POS putting on a show while looking after their best interests. That's why they all hate Trump, he refuses to take part in their play
I agree with your first sentence but id add trump right in the mix too. He's not exempt

He denied that he said it. (Figures)....
If he was really this "GREAT" president, own that shit. Don't tweet that u didnt say it and try to spin it.
it's not his job to keep up with all his lies...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT