ADVERTISEMENT

#1 UGA @ Kentucky Weather (Updated Thursday)

Blocker57

Letterman
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2015
Raleigh, NC
145735_key_messages_sm.png

Francine is continuing to weaken, and I still feel confident about little to no rain for the game Saturday night. In fact, the latest trends are going with a partly cloudy sky at times on Saturday afternoon, which would mean warmer tailgating weather (temps in the 80s). By kickoff, the temps should be falling through the 70s. Little to no wind. Very low chance of rain. Very high chance of too many tuddy's for the Dawgs.

Initial Forecast:
I've received a few messages and tags about this weekend's forecast, so I figured I would just make a post for anyone who may be interested. As always, feel free to send me a message about weather whenever you would like, and I will do my best to get back with you.

Tropical Storm Francine developed in the western Gulf of Mexico on Monday. That system is likely to become a strong Category 1 or Category 2 hurricane prior to landfall in Louisiana on Wednesday evening. As it tracks north through the Middle Mississippi Valley, it will likely bring rain into Kentucky this weekend. The forecast is highly variable at this point, but I do not expect significant impacts for the game. Francine will be a very weak system by the time we reach the weekend. The remnant moisture could spark scattered showers and storms, but wind will not be an issue.

At this time, the forecast model trends place the bulk of the rain to the southwest of Lexington on Saturday evening. I trust that output, and that would be my forecast for now. Overcast with temps in the mid-to-upper 70s during the afternoon, and falling into the upper-60s by the end of the game. Just to re-emphasize, today is Monday and the game is Saturday night... A lot will change between now and then, but I do not believe the App forecasts of "likely rain" are accurate.

Only other thing I will add to the forecast is that Vandy will have 3x more wins than Florida by the end of Saturday night. These are the good ole days.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.