ADVERTISEMENT

170 Dems

You can read the text of the bill by pressing here or on the title below. It is not long.

H.R. 7511, Laken Riley Act

The CBO summary of the bill:

H.R. 7511 would require Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to detain any alien (non-U.S. national) who is present in the United States without being lawfully admitted and has been charged with or convicted of burglary, theft, larceny, or shoplifting.

The bill also would grant standing to state governments to bring action against the federal government in a federal district court for the purpose of seeking injunctive relief from immigration enforcement decisions that have harmed the state or its residents.

You can read the text of the bill by pressing here or on the title below. It is not long.

H.R. 7511 would require Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to detain any alien (non-U.S. national) who is present in the United States without being lawfully admitted and has been charged with or convicted of burglary, theft, larceny, or shoplifting.

The bill also would grant standing to state governments to bring action against the federal government in a federal district court for the purpose of seeking injunctive relief from immigration enforcement decisions that have harmed the state or its residents.
And we all know that in sanctuary cities, they will just change their definition of those terms or stop charging people with those crimes and invent new ones so they can avoid having to follow the law.

The Democrats are enraged that Biden called the Laken Riley killer an "illegal" rather than being "undocumented" or a "newcomer",....they are more horrified by word usage than skull disfigurement....we have finally reached a period of time where words hurt more than sticks and stones.... to hear it from them

The Democrats are enraged that Biden called the Laken Riley killer an "illegal" rather than being "undocumented" or a "newcomer",....they are more horrified by word usage than skull disfigurement....we have finally reached a period of time where words hurt more than sticks and stones.... to hear it from them
Sickening bunch ignorant people.

I challenge any of you to find a bill that opens with similar political condemnation of Republicans that was voted for by Republicans. It was written to discourage Dem votes. Politics is politics, I guess.

And I’m not asking if you agree with the political commentary. Obviously you do. I’m asking if there is a similar example where Dems excoriated Republicans in a bill and Republicans signed the bill. I doubt it.

(1) mourns the devastating loss of Laken Riley and other victims of the Biden administration’s open borders policies;
(2) honors the life and memory of Laken Riley and other victims of the Biden administration’s open borders policies; and
(3) denounces the open-borders policies of President Joe Biden, “Border Czar” Vice President Kamala Harris, Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas, and other Biden administration officials.
(b) Sense Of Congress.—It is the sense of Congress that—
(1) the Biden administration should not have released Laken Riley’s alleged murderer into the United States;
(2) the Biden administration should have arrested and detained Laken Riley’s alleged murderer after he was charged with crimes in New York, New York, and Athens, Georgia;
(3) President Biden should publicly denounce his administration’s immigration policies that resulted in the murder of Laken Riley; and
(4) President Biden should prevent another murder like that of Laken Riley by ending the catch-and-release of illegal aliens, increasing immigration enforcement, detaining and removing criminal aliens, reinstating the Remain in Mexico policy, ending his abuse of parole authority, and securing the United States borders.

I challenge any of you to find a bill that opens with similar political condemnation of Republicans that was voted for by Republicans. It was written to discourage Dem votes. Politics is politics, I guess.

And I’m not asking if you agree with the political commentary. Obviously you do. I’m asking if there is a similar example where Dems excoriated Republicans in a bill and Republicans signed the bill. I doubt it.

(1) mourns the devastating loss of Laken Riley and other victims of the Biden administration’s open borders policies;
(2) honors the life and memory of Laken Riley and other victims of the Biden administration’s open borders policies; and
(3) denounces the open-borders policies of President Joe Biden, “Border Czar” Vice President Kamala Harris, Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas, and other Biden administration officials.
(1) the Biden administration should not have released Laken Riley’s alleged murderer into the United States;
(2) the Biden administration should have arrested and detained Laken Riley’s alleged murderer after he was charged with crimes in New York, New York, and Athens, Georgia;
(3) President Biden should publicly denounce his administration’s immigration policies that resulted in the murder of Laken Riley; and
(4) President Biden should prevent another murder like that of Laken Riley by ending the catch-and-release of illegal aliens, increasing immigration enforcement, detaining and removing criminal aliens, reinstating the Remain in Mexico policy, ending his abuse of parole authority, and securing the United States borders.

And I challenge you to find an instance when a former president has been charged with such fraudulent charges as what Trump has. Where a national media has covered a political figure with the amount of inaccuracy, censorship and depravity as what they have trump. Where our country’s agencies have been mobilized to persecute and intimidate supporters of an opponent’s political supporters.

The language for president ( in name only) Briben could not be harsh enough for his willing betrayal of Constitution of the United States, which has led to the death and harm of its citizens and its sovereignty.

Maybe they voted no because the bill was too narrow and didn't go far enough....you know...how republicans view the recent border bill....am I doing that right?

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
Re

Take a minute and read the bill. You'll see why they didn't vote for it.
My comment was certainly tongue in cheek. I know why they didn't vote for it. It's a stunt bill full of red meat.

Taking out the political barbs of the bill, the way I read it it limits to theft/burglary/shoplifting. Why stop there? Why not jay walking? Speeding? Littering? Disorderly conduct? If I was a democrat voting for this bill I would use republicans methodology against them and say it doesn't go far enough. Play their game against them. I mean it's all political theater right?

You are a trip. You just can't help yourself. You and your party are the laughing stock of America. Holy smokes.

Any thoughts on the substance of my post, or would you prefer to stick with general insults?
Well, I'll bite.

I don't give a shit about your question. It think it is disgusting that your party can't see the facts. Who gives a shit if it attacks another party. Have some fricking common sense and support the bill. Your party got their feelings hurt because the bill stated fact and trashed the losers. I think it is great the Rs threw shit on Biden and the Ds.

I could give 2 shits about another proposed D bill slamming Rs. Your party caused her death. Had blood on its hands. Just another way, allowing illegals to swarm our country and be allowed to vote, to win another election.

Heres what trips me out about you raging lunatic Ds. You are so stuck in the fact that Trump and the Rs are bad, that you have lost all common sense and respect for our country and cannot see fact. You spew all this D propaganda, throw all these links and articles, but you can't see the facts. Just walk your lazy ass out your fancy house or out of your electric car, and visit the cities. See the trash your party has thrown into our cities.

All your linking and upper-class shit you fling around here doesn't matter. You can't see and will never admit, your party failed our country. Your worshipping of the Ds and hating of Orange Man has thrown our country in the shitter.

I don't care about abortion, Marijuana, Adam&Steve v Adam&Eve. That doesn't affect my family. But my wallet, the border and the economy does. That is fact. You want an abortion, go ahead. You'll be judged. Want to suck wee-wees, go ahead. You'll be judged. Want to fry your brain, go ahead. You screw with my family, screw you. That's fact.

My comment was certainly tongue in cheek. I know why they didn't vote for it. It's a stunt bill full of red meat.

Taking out the political barbs of the bill, the way I read it it limits to theft/burglary/shoplifting. Why stop there? Why not jay walking? Speeding? Littering? Disorderly conduct? If I was a democrat voting for this bill I would use republicans methodology against them and say it doesn't go far enough. Play their game against them. I mean it's all political theater right?
That is not playing their game against them. You're just giving them more than their asking price.

Political theater would be for Democrats to write a bill named for Laken Riley. In it, you fund research on solutions for immigrants at UGA and a plaque with her name on it (nothing of substance). Then you put in a paragraph that gives the Secretary of Homeland Security the right to declare broad amnesty for illegals and builds condos for them on government land. When Republicans don't go for it, you publicly admonish Republican congressmen for dishonoring the memory of Laken Riley.

Well, I'll bite.

I don't give a shit about your question. It think it is disgusting that your party can't see the facts. Who gives a shit if it attacks another party. Have some fricking common sense and support the bill. Your party got their feelings hurt because the bill stated fact and trashed the losers. I think it is great the Rs threw shit on Biden and the Ds.

I could give 2 shits about another proposed D bill slamming Rs. Your party caused her death. Had blood on its hands. Just another way, allowing illegals to swarm our country and be allowed to vote, to win another election.

Heres what trips me out about you raging lunatic Ds. You are so stuck in the fact that Trump and the Rs are bad, that you have lost all common sense and respect for our country and cannot see fact. You spew all this D propaganda, throw all these links and articles, but you can't see the facts. Just walk your lazy ass out your fancy house or out of your electric car, and visit the cities. See the trash your party has thrown into our cities.

All your linking and upper-class shit you fling around here doesn't matter. You can't see and will never admit, your party failed our country. Your worshipping of the Ds and hating of Orange Man has thrown our country in the shitter.

I don't care about abortion, Marijuana, Adam&Steve v Adam&Eve. That doesn't affect my family. But my wallet, the border and the economy does. That is fact. You want an abortion, go ahead. You'll be judged. Want to suck wee-wees, go ahead. You'll be judged. Want to fry your brain, go ahead. You screw with my family, screw you. That's fact.
Your explative and insult filled post accuses the Dems of being raging lunatics. Generally speaking, most of the raging on here is not done by those taking the more liberal side of any given argument, and your post is a great example.

Your side couldn’t find the guts to impeach Trump for an event that resulted in a multitude of serious injuries of LEOs and the death of a deluded protestor who was acting on the intentional lies of the guy who sat and watched from the WH as J6 went down. In fact, you’ve now seen fit to make the same guy, who keeps lauding those same violent protestors, your representative for the 2024 presidential race.

So you can save your outrage over political parties being political for someone else.

• Love
Reactions: celticdawg
That is not playing their game against them. You're just giving them more than their asking price.

Political theater would be for Democrats to write a bill named for Laken Riley. In it, you fund research on solutions for immigrants at UGA and a plaque with her name on it (nothing of substance). Then you put in a paragraph that gives the Secretary of Homeland Security the right to declare broad amnesty for illegals and builds condos for them on government land. When Republicans don't go for it, you publicly admonish Republican congressmen for dishonoring the memory of Laken Riley.
You and I have differing opinions on political theater....

Your explative and insult filled post accuses the Dems of being raging lunatics. Generally speaking, most of the raging on here is not done by those taking the more liberal side of any given argument, and your post is a great example.

Your side couldn’t find the guts to impeach Trump for an event that resulted in a multitude of serious injuries of LEOs and the death of a deluded protestor who was acting on the intentional lies of the guy who sat and watched from the WH as J6 went down. In fact, you’ve now seen fit to make the same guy, who keeps lauding those same violent protestors, your representative for the 2024 presidential race.

So you can save your outrage over political parties being political for someone else.
My guess is you receive plenty of expletives and insults outside of this board.

Reactions: Papapete11

I gave you substance to your lame post. Now give me some of your lame BS back. Your party is weak sauce, especially in immigration, and you know it. Prove otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT