ADVERTISEMENT

2 Players we have to get the ball

Moise

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
It was 3 players last week, until we finally started targeting Bowers. The 2 guys I don't get are Bell and Mews.

All Mews does, when he is targeted out of the slot, is #1 actually catch the football and #2 make people miss and potentially give you an explosive play. Lovett has been so-so and has probably more drops than anybody up to this point of the season. He shows decent athleticism, but he is not Luther Burden or Mews when it comes to big play potential. I'm not saying bench Lovett, but we could certainly target Mews more.

We only have one high quality running back in Edwards, after him the best two running backs are walk-ons. Robinson has not overly impressed and he is out for a while and you simply can't count on Milton. I was surprised last week that we didn't use Bell more, it was a great opportunity to give him more reps at running back. You can't even argue that we needed him more at receiver, because even though he plays two positions he was only in on 20 something percent of the plays. Besides Edwards, Bell is the only guy on this roster that gives you a big time threat running the ball. If Edwards gets hurt we will be in trouble, so why aren't we getting Bell prepared for that possibility?

Last edited:
Reactions: Togwo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.