ADVERTISEMENT

49 shot this weekend in Chicago...

DawgWCK

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001
7 fatal, and yes I’m piling on but where is the outrage with our NBA players or ESPN commentators? Out of control for a long time in Chicago and many minorities being killed weekly but not a story line that fits the current narrative...

7 fatal, and yes I’m piling on but where is the outrage with our NBA players or ESPN commentators? Out of control for a long time in Chicago and many minorities being killed weekly but not a story line that fits the current narrative...

While I agree but I must ask you what do you do to try and help the situation?

Reactions: celticdawg
City of Atlanta does not have this issue near this level, so would start by comparing their practices to City of Chicago.

Because you would have to demand change in culture. That will never happen.

It’s easier to blame others and demand support.

It was mostly peaceful disputes/shootings. So they do have that going for them.

It was mostly peaceful disputes/shootings. So they do have that going for them.
I had a friend that had a mostly peaceful ride home until the very end when he died in a violent car crash. I wish I had thought to tell his family to not worry about the loss think of the part of the drive that was peaceful.

Hopefully - this is you just being a sarcastic prick, because you KNOW the answer that the vast majority of us have:

1) we vote

2)we do our best to follow the law, whether we agree with it or not

3) we show proper respect for authorities - whether elected or hired (such as our public servants, and even managers, employers)

4) we live lives of accountability and responsibility, where we do not inherently believe anything is "owed" us, but rather, we work for what we have, even when the tables are tilted against us, and we acknowledge our mistakes as our own, and not a result of "a system that hates me"

5) we teach and model those 4 things to our children

fixing Chicago is generational, and it happens from the inside. and keeping it broken happens from the inside too.

But you knew all that, right?

Hopefully - this is you just being a sarcastic prick, because you KNOW the answer that the vast majority of us have:

1) we vote

2)we do our best to follow the law, whether we agree with it or not

3) we show proper respect for authorities - whether elected or hired (such as our public servants, and even managers, employers)

4) we live lives of accountability and responsibility, where we do not inherently believe anything is "owed" us, but rather, we work for what we have, even when the tables are tilted against us, and we acknowledge our mistakes as our own, and not a result of "a system that hates me"

5) we teach and model those 4 things to our children

fixing Chicago is generational, and it happens from the inside. and keeping it broken happens from the inside too.

But you knew all that, right?
Wow! Celticdawg agreed with a platform of conservative ideals.

What is social injustice? I cannot for the life of me figure out what it entails?
I assume it is anything white folks do, that other races do not agree with.
Getting married, raising families, getting an education, obeying the law, working to pay for your daily life and expenses, holding down a job, maybe working multiple jobs to support yourself or family.

I assume it is anything white folks do, that other races do not agree with.
Getting married, raising families, getting an education, obeying the law, working to pay for your daily life and expenses, holding down a job, maybe working multiple jobs to support yourself or family.
Bingo!

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT