ADVERTISEMENT

504 Watchlist

504noladawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2017
Not necessarily in order of impact, but these are 5 guys who with a (hopefully) great offseason of prep and expanded roles this season, I’m excited to see hoop.

1. DeShayne Montgomery. True freshmen last year. 6’4” and bouncy. Athleticism is there. 6 out of his last 7 games he scored 20 or more. You want guys that are coming on late. He is young. Let’s hope that ceiling is high and we are getting him as he is about to take off. Shot well from deep, but his volume was low. If he can find the range often, look out.

2. Asa Newell. We haven’t seen a high motor like this. Not with this high of a basketball IQ and coordination. Weight is the issue but you have to love this quote he gave Dash, “I feel my three is on lock”. If he can pull the bigs outside, no doubt he can blow by them.

3. Blue Cain. Thought he had a really good freshmen campaign. He shot 35% from three. Solid numbers for a freshmen with an offense that didn’t produce a ton of open looks. Love how he uses his height to get a few easy buckets inside as well. He has a ton of growth areas, but shot makers are always fun and he has some moves in his bag. Just gotta hope he can keep taking the next steps in his game.

4. Randall Godfrey. Sat behind two good bigs at Clemson. Now is here and the door is wide open for him to walk through and get big minutes. Old school game. Scores inside and battles. The old man of our front court room. He was giving Bama the business in the ncaa tourney, let’s keep that train rolling here.

5. Savo Drezgic. I can’t really make my mind think a young point guard is about to come in here and really be a factor, but some of WRDD’s stats lately on Savo have caused my mind to wonder. Gonna be fun to watch and see if he can push Silas. Would be huge if he could.

I’m buying stock in Montgomery and Savo on the cheap. Still buying Blue at a fairly cheap price. Newell and Godfrey I’m buying at a more expensive price. These five have my curiosity and intrigue the most this offseason.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News