ADVERTISEMENT

A-10, perhaps the most deadly of all US attack planes

DawgHammarskjold

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
BBKzqqq.img

Should be noted the A-10 and F-22 have different mission designs. Although the F-22 is certainly a ground attack platform as well as an air superiority fighter, the same is not true of the A-10; but, I love the Hog.
Being an ex-Lockheed employee and seeing those F-22s roll off the line and absolutely embarrass the F-15/F-16 in flight combat testing, I'm biased.

I also live near MAFB. The thing that amazes me is that I will be outside doing yard work and literally never hear them coming. However, the roar once they’ve passed over you will rattle the windows. That’s why they’re not “supposed” to fly over the city of Valdosta. Amazing technology to be so silent on the approach.
JC

I also live near MAFB. The thing that amazes me is that I will be outside doing yard work and literally never hear them coming. However, the roar once they’ve passed over you will rattle the windows. That’s why they’re not “supposed” to fly over the city of Valdosta. Amazing technology to be so silent on the approach.
JC

Exactly, they run training missions, extremely low altitude over the rural areas. Can’t tell you how many times they’ve blown over me while working in the farm at 100ft. Never hear them coming until they are right over you.

ADVERTISEMENT